It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were the ones restarting civilisation,...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I was hoping the OP would go digging for what it said....

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Clearly an advertisement for an amusement park*

*Of the mind........

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What I would do? DESTROY EVERYTHING which points to war, about war, anything about hate, racism, judging others, etc. I'd do my best to leave only things about peace, everyone helping each other, community, faith, hope, love.

Everything possible about love, love, love.

Hopefully that would prevent any negativity in that new civilization.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The main problem is that any message or information you leave will be understood, if the base language is lost well ....it won't be deciphered

Vaults: Placed in geologically stable areas filled with stuff, probably a mixture of materials noted below

In space on the Moon or in stable orbits

Messages on porcelain, showing scenes from life, this material is very durable and you can leave high grade images that will last as long as rock does

Messages on corrison resistant metal, silicon, certain plastics and ceramic then covered by plastics

Smaller items made of gold or written on golden plates

Message cut into gem stones and other hard stone directly, easier to do today with automated systems

Non-acid paper stored in pressurized nitrogen bottles

Scientific data, showing mathematics and aspects of physics, mechanical engineering and system orbital data, etc

As noted above the main problem would be to determine a way to leave enough information to allow a lost language to be understood, but using images with words you could leave an extensive noun lists

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

i work weekends and nights so i've not had much of a chance to do much digging! besides, i rely on you for all that kinda info!! dammit! lol!!

to the person that said they'd leave stuff buried under 100 layers and titanium etc, wouldn't future generations finding it wonder if there was something toxic/dangerous in there?

i wonder about those crystals, the ones that "could" store information from a lost age... if that was their form of CD back then...i think pics are the way forward, and stones... like the dropa stones...there's one that i recall where a man is riding a dinosaur, i suspect that man and dinosaur cohabited, and that some dinosaurs were ridden, much like our horses.

i'd love to ride a t rex!!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I think you mean the Ica stones and those were fake. The dropa stones are stone disks that resemble CD - if you ignore the designed carved into them

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Depending on what made the NELE, it might not even be WISE to leave any record of what the world was like before that. Humans are dummies who tend to copy and repeat past mistakes. Why leave the future a guidebook on how to repeat our mistakes?
edit on 3/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: punctuation wrong

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Best way to avoid something is to know about it! Human's being humans they will tend to follow the same pathways. We have demonstrated that we (as mankind) do adjust and avoid certain mistakes, we've been doing very well recently in say, avoiding large scale wars of alliance

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Eating--Reproduction--teaching our kids--those are the main things we will be worried about post event---teaching without books will be imperative and must be begun ASAP,it is THE most important non-renewable resource on the planet at that time.A Jack of All Trades will be worth his weight in wheat and so will a doctor equally so.A computer programmer and a bus driver better have the skinney gene or they wont make it because they dont hold as much DATA as others do unless they are some freak genius bus drivers which is i guess possible.We will have to cocoon around and protect children and intellectual property at all costs for many generations.

Remember this clearly,time waits for no man.We only have one generation to teach EVERYTHING,because we wont be able to scavenge and recover enough soon enough to regain technology before that first generation dies what few there are left,and if the survivors are located in a third world area predominantly our technology link will be gone forever,our survival will have slightly better odds though.

We will need to teach magnetics ASAP,if something global happens before the Magnetic Revolution begins then we will need to teach electricity as we know it. We will need to teach basic medicine immediatly getting ten yr olds to assist in every single step so they will learn as much as they can.We wont have time to chip away at stone carvings for many generations,survival will be devestating to our lifespans,disease and injury and sickness will decimate us.It will be a long road back.

I think a language teacher might be worth a few pounds of honey as well.

In my world we are going around in anti-grav craft picking up survivors and taking them to safety and protecting them,offering medical aid ect.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

You expecting a paper eating plague to strike, books will last for some time (playing along with your doom and gloom scenario)

Could you explain what you meant by magnetics?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I would leave them the English alphabet inscription in a cave leave a glad bag wrapped vacuum sealed dictionary.
Then Go to the south pole and freeze myself to death and wake up when they discover how to unfreeze living things, They all should be talking english and it won't be weird at all.

Oh and in the dictornary I'll replace all the war words with new meanings.
Cool

edit on 3-11-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Am I the only person who would relish the opportunity to play an awesome joke on the future?

I would bury like 250,000 copies of the movie "The Goonies" on dvd in a time capsule along with instructions written on a gold tablet that state that this movie was the most important documentation of our civilization.

True I wouldn't be there when they opened it, but it would seriously be worth it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

you're totally right, it was the ica stones i meant... i knew it was one or the other but in my haste to post and take the call work was ringing me for, i opted for the one i remembered first

i think teaching the younger ones would be a huge part of it too, hope i have an anti gravity vehicle to go round and rescue people too!

on a sidenote, anybody know where to get wholesale antibiotics from?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

you're not the only one, i was thinking 'mooning bum stones' would be fun too!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ah overseas, in the Middle-East I was able to buy any type of antibiotic, perscriptions not needed - just nothing narcotic, of course the chance it will be fake is always there too!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The Pet Rock would pretty much say it all i think.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
these were left by previuos survivors of a major catastrophy...

we are just beginning to figure out what they meant [pdf. link]
preview.tinyurl.com...

yeah...great. What does it mean?

A message is only good if it can be comprehended.

PARTY! it might not last LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would leave rock carvings to indicate an understanding of basic mathematical principles using easily understood symbols rather than writing or numerals (eg. a right-angled triangle with notches on the three sides to show trigonometry etc). A simple diagram of the solar system to indicate we had an understanding of astronomy. Another carving with notches from 0-9 with numerals underneath and the letters of the alphabet. Some simple picture carvings with the names of the objects to assist with decifering our language, the pictures would have to be easily recognised eg. man, woman, sun & moon. Obviously nothing like computer, car, coffee machine. Future generations might not have any idea what these things were!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

How does a set of global displacement waves strike you?Not tsunamis but displacement waves,there will be no books left to read ,the slate will be literally wiped clean,seeing as you are with me.

By Magnetic Revolution I am referring to the MANY MANY different of paralell but differently catalysed energy devices based on the magnetic nature of our universe and not on our conventional thinking of how energy is catalysed.

The magnetic examples are everywhere and are historic,many of the guiding core values were discovered and developed in laboratory conditions as early as the 1800s and the suppression began as soon as fiscal interests were factored into the technologys delivery system and its ability to generate more money not less money,in short the greater the infrastructure committment required the more supported the idea,the smaller the infrastructure requirements and the more the technologies were and still are suppressed as much as possible.

Without the advent of the internet the world would have remained clueless and suppressed from this critical and universal knowledge and its form and function.But just by using google you can access reports books all types of historical data that clearly shows when and where and by whom this magnetic data was first introduced and by whom when and why it was systematticly suppressed right up to today,the clear and undeniable trail is forever posted in cyberspace and is very easy for anyone to follow.Follow the money---simply take the five biggest money making industrys in the world and reverses extrapolate their dynamic historys and you will see alnog the way a littering of incredibly ballsy actions of suppression of data,patents,developments ect--all related to the same technology--MAGNETICS. The key to remember is that ALL the data is out there for eternity and most is very old,and has already been researched and proven.NONE of this stuff is new.

So I hope you have no intention of debunking the magnetic reality we all live in in a universal or any other sense because as I already stated the data transcends both you and iI in totality as it has been around and suppressed for many centuries beyond our short lives.I dont have to give proof of anything ,others need to explain how and why they dont already understand the magnetic nature of the universe.Schools didnt teach it to us and the data was activly suppressed globally.Until the provision of free data globally changed humanitys path forever,religon couldnt bring global humanitarian integrity because of its artificially fractured existance--but pure data doesnt lie now does it??The quest for truth has been enabled on all levels past present and future through the internet and cyberspace.There really is no where to hide anymore if you choose to act nonhumanitarian and lie cheat steal or in any other way try to manipulate another human being for gain,This is the end of the line,sure there will be kicks and gasps and struggles of resistance but once you provide pure data you remove the human factor and humanity can see the entire truth and then make cumulative choices based on that mutually agreed upon and shared data.

It is another thread but you can find many sources of data online that explain the egyptian and other cultures understanding of energy and the magnetic universe.There are literally millions data resources online describing in detail the magnetic universe and how we can interact with it and harness its free energy and learn to apply it to our lives in every way imaginable,and the magnetic understanding leads us to the harmonic understanding at which point we can begin to use medical applications of these related technoligies,these natural sciences.

The topic doesnt even warrant debate,sharing yes, but it is so well documented but suppressed that any possible debate must be based on a perspective catalysed AFTER the suppression started.Debate cannot exist without the perspective that doesnt embrace and understand the magnetic universe MUST by proxy be a victim of this multi-facteded and organised global suppression.As we are seeing by the internet data millions are embracing and developing this tech in their homes and it will not go away,major sources of suppression have been forced to immediatly develop and market this tech or lose their stranglehold on humanity and the global econemy.

The internet has catalysed all of these changes ,not individuals or groups seeking some type of illusionary disclosure.It has been the reslease of globally acessable realtime interactive data that has catalysed humanitys evolution.Many thousands of people have been murdered by these global industrial and government complexes and as we are seeing today,it was all for nothing,all those murders and ruined lives were pointlessly catalysed,they were meaningless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join