It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA officials in Libya made key decisions during Benghazi attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The senior intelligence official said that CIA officers in Benghazi, "responded to the situation on the night of 11 and 12 September as quickly and as effectively as possible.

"The security officers in particular were genuine heroes. They quickly tried to rally additional local support and heavier weapons, and when that could not be accomplished within minutes, they still moved in and put their own lives on the line to save their comrades," the official said.

"At every level in the chain of command, from the senior officers in Libya to the most senior officials in Washington, everyone was fully engaged in trying to provide whatever help they could," the official said.

"There was no second-guessing those decisions being made on the ground, by people at every U.S. organization that could play a role in assisting those in danger. There were no orders to anybody to stand down in providing support," the official added.

www.reuters.com...
Well I hope this ends the debate on if there was a stand down order given but somehow I think it will still be in the rumor mill. The rumors are clouding the facts, getting in the way of finding out the truth of what really happened and I personally can’t wait till it all comes out.

seperate source
edit on 2-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: add link

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I posted a thread on this earlier. There is some lively discussion here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

This has been brewing all week.

On Friday they have finally released yet a different version of events.

And we are supposed to believe this? And let it put this matter to rest?

What site do you think you are on again?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Rumors? They've spent 6 weeks trying to get their stories straight and have failed miserably!!! All fighting to fall on the sword for Obama. It's not that simple.

top topics

join