It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One month until they regulate the Internet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaPerspective

LOL!

ATDT 511-234-2324

ATA

ATZ

hehehe........this is only for the realz old school BBs'ers.......Bookaki in your face! Super off topic sorry.

edit on 3-11-2012 by bitsforbytes because: bookaki in your face!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitsforbytes

LOL!

ATDT 511-234-2324

ATA

ATZ

hehehe........this is only for the realz old school BBs'ers.......Bookaki in your face! Super off topic sorry.

edit on 3-11-2012 by bitsforbytes because: bookaki in your face!!!!

I do not consider it 'off topic'. It could very well be the solution to an over regulated internet if it comes to that.

A lot of the old ways could very well be the answer to the 'modern problems'.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Well it would certainly be hard considering that the corporations own pretty much all the network of wires that connect us together. We would need to wire our own system. It would start small just like the internet did in the beginning.

I still think the love of money is the root of all evil. This is not new. Remove money and some humans will suffer for a while (those that can't fathom reality any other way then with a money system ahem.....America.....common wealth countries) the rest of the world would embrace this new do what you feel is right system. It's the same thing as now except you do what you want because you like it not because your chasing a piece of cheese on a stick. Anyways, I know it's hard for us to wrap our heads around this because we never have seen this....It's hard to imagine what you have never seen.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I was referring to the bookaki in your face part as being off topic. Just gratuitous fun with words!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Implying that people won't just start using Tor to access the deepweb. It would be quite difficult to regulate that.

No, I disagree with you on that.

I will say that it would take some work and shutdown a lot of legit communication.

But in a controlled society, that would override any other comms.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Everybody should have a free and open forum [Interwebs] to voice opposing views and opinions regardless of what "Big Brother" wants!

Try that on ATS and see how far it gets you!

This threatens everybody's ability to express their opinions and thoughts freely on any side of an issue.

Already a fact not a threat.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

Well it would certainly be hard considering that the corporations own pretty much all the network of wires that connect us together. We would need to wire our own system. It would start small just like the internet did in the beginning.

Within urban areas at least Wi-Fi can provide the answer - no need for wires. Links between urban areas could possibly be using ham radio.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

More and more the internet and RL converge into one. The rules that we have in RL will inevitably find their place on the internet too. The wild west days of the internet are coming to an end!

Virtual cities. Virtual communities. Virtual business. Just a matter of time... Virtual government.

It's strange. We go from living full-time on the macro-scale to living (at least) part-time on integrated circuits. That's all the internet is is fiber optics/cables and integrated circuits. People want to meet and gain knowledge. The internet is perfect for that and increasingly devouring real estate. But the one thing the internet can't be is real. It needs reality to survive. This is its achilles heel. People who use the internet to learn and communicate might be fooled into thinking otherwise. Bad mistake.
edit on 3-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Bingo. The only thing we need to backup from the current internet is how to make another one. We should horde all the information about telecom engineering and electrical engineering like I did

This way we would have the knowledge to replicate what is in place....Bookaki in your face people who want to regulate everything~!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Honestly this is only going to be a concern to casual Internet goers, Anyone else looking for a piece of information or some type of media will easily be able to access the deeper web..

Sure some great sites may end up being closed, but meh theres more out there that "they" cant touch.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time. Too much stuff is being sold on the net without taxes getting paid. It is hurting every country including the USA. It is also interfering with the suppression of knowledge throughout the world. I see it as they will be passing legislation that limits our personal ability to access anything out of country. The government here already has the ability to track all internet purchases, I feel they will be doing something about those who did not pay sales tax shortly. It will be a mess.

I doubt if this will happen next month, I think it will be in January or February. It will probably only be international censorship along with collection of nonpaid taxes. Facebook will be safe as long as boarders are not breached.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by MidnightTide

Man you are so right, do you have an suggestions?

Even suggesting it is probably a bad thing

Perhaps not participating in the system any longer, perhaps a real "spring" uprising has to occur.

sadly, I just think people will grumble a bit and just accept it......and when that happens, when the net has the kind of regulation that the elite want - then we have just lost a valuable communication tool. I also figure when this happens the elite will be free to implement their agenda and no one will be the wiser.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The UN is owned by the banksters, like congress

they will try and microchip you soon, if that happens you will all be slaves soon after, in a real sense

they will fake an et invasion with gmo pig men when the terror threat becomes lame

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The next generation will find ways around this. Ask anyone under 20 with any hint of computer literacy how they do things online. (Not about using typical stuff like office or gaming, but rather doing things like downloading, jailbreaking their devices or actually do a bit of programming.) Trust me, it's not going to be about further regulations and clampdowns. They got online after restrictions were put in place, so they were always looking for holes and workarounds in order to do what they wanted.

In other words, the young ones who know anything about computers are more pirate than not. They want the internet as free as those of us who remembered the so-called "Wild West" era and liked it.

Now they can regulate the internet in theory, but a darknet will always find a way around it. Even if it means ad-hoc networks, slow as moleasses dial-up, sneakernet, or IP via carrier pigeon.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
At some point within the next few years the Internet will regulate itself.

- Facebook holds more data about a person than almost any organisation.
- Google tracks everything a person does.
- Android (Google) tracks everything a person does.
- iOS tracks everything a person does.

Ultimately this is some great stuff for the Elite. Allowing freedom of speech to remain, enables better surveillance.

When regulation does come, it will be in a number of forms:

- Removing the final layers of 'anonymity' we have. Meaning so called 'Real ID'
- Regulation on copyrighted material.
- Kill switches that limit the functional of social networks during riots and other such situations.

As they did with the printed word, the radio and the television...in the end these things had a controlled evolution that directed them into something that subdued the populace. In all likelihood this will happen again.
edit on 4-11-2012 by CrystalBoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Paranoia - amped and wired.

Listen, if you are concerned about Facebook or Google you should know this:

Your Internet is already censored, you just do not know the sites you cannot access. Small flavor of blacklisted Internet domains you could get in the past e.g. by using Wikileaks torrents to download a .txt file that (usually small) country uses for their ISPs. It tells something about those blacklisted sites that I got one list once and just for curiosity tried to access couple of sites prohibited in few European Union countries. What happened was that I got screen saying that the page cannot be viewed due the local ministry of justice has determined it contains certain type of illegal material and I should use the email address on page if I think I should have access.

If using something like Tor you can take a peek at the entrance to see how "deep the rabbit hole really goes". Five years back Tor was "currently the largest anonymity network in existence, with about 450 server nodes around the world at the time of writing". And Tor is already so well known that calling it a "secret network" is like discovering that you can download movies from the Internet.

Bottom line is this:

* There is no such thing as uncontrolled public Internet. Never has been.

* If you access the Internet without connecting to rogue access point (and assuming you are not being the one hoaxed) and use your own computer there is no such thing as privacy. Everything you do can be tracked down if someone only wants to put effort into it.

For further reading:

Wikipedia - Deep Web

Tor Project overview

EFF.org (Electronic Frontier Foundation) - 12 ways to protect your online privacy
edit on 5-11-2012 by SCITK because: To avoid site filters to edit my message

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The deep web? Who cares about the deep web when 90% of normal users don't have the technical know-how and can't be bothered to learn about it? People have jobs and can't be literate about computers too. What little free time they used to spent surfing casually and learning will be gone, some will turn to the tvs and radios or simply go off the grid for good.

I think its pretty easy to shut down the internet and even make it look like an accident, so that few people really suspect malfeasance on part of the government and elite. Just claim an EMP attack from the sun or deep space and it will take a few weeks or months to get everything going again, then sorry but all our servers are fried/destroyed so we have to start from scratch.

Just watching the middle eastern governments shut down the internet with the in your face "we will not allow terrorists internet access to plot against the government" approach should send a deep shiver down your spine fellow ats'ers.

As for spying, using facebook, twiter and youtube is the beginning of the iceberg. Facebook making it wayyy tooo easy in this regard. I never trusted facebook and for good reason. Youtube on the otherhand makes it a bit more interesting in strong-arming people to provide their mobile phone number for security reasons "in case you forget your password" or "if your account is hacked". LOL!

Deleting the browser temporary files is a good precaution as well as private virtual networks. But then again I have heard every computer has backdoor access to the nsa/cia that can be hacked at will. I am not sure if it is provided by microsoft software or is an intentional fault in the firmware of the hardware. I have lost 1 or 2 computers in suspicious ways like hard-drive failures, bios corruption, etc.

Trying to over-protect your computer sounds naive and overkill. Just my two cents!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The deep web? Who cares about the deep web when 90% of normal users don't have the technical know-how and can't be bothered to learn about it?

If you had taken the time to read through my post prior hitting the reply- button you would have noticed the above was exactly what I was talking about. Use of Google and Facebook are not something anybody should be particularly concerned about. At least not if having any common sense.

If government or any influential world power wants to take entire planet offline it is very easy: US Department of Commerce already controls the DNS root servers file, which in turn is the base for every top level domain (TLD) like .edu, .gov, .com and so on (link). Addition to that, bring down few biggest Internet backbones and that is the end of the story of so-called "public Internet" (link).

But here's another thing to consider:

the Internet plays so significant role in modern infrastructure that by taking it out of the play any government would shoot themselves to their own leg. Much of the public services (like online reservations for public transport) would stop working - not even to mention such instances as banks and corporations that rely heavily on the Internet availability: think what happens today if e.g. NASDAQ is not available real-time all over the world. Who has the time to send all those faxes to national banks?

I am not going to repeat myself any further but what I am saying is 1) don't be an stupid online and remember that whatever you do is easy to trace and 2) if you lose your sleep worrying about your online privacy, the Internet as it is now is not something you should touch even with an ten-feet pole.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SCITK

I never said I was paranoid about using the internet, nor was my response directed at you, otherwise I would have used the "reply to button" like I am doing now. I agree with most of what you are saying with the exception of not sharing personal information that is easily viewable, such as with facebook. It is like telling people your name, address, telephone # here on ATS and assuming everyone likes you and is not crazy enough to harm you.

Also I forsee a day where the internet is heavily controlled in favor of big business and political interests. Some middle eastern governments were desperate enough to do this last year, so what makes you think desperate governments in europe or north america may not do the same? Taking it out completly is unlikely and would likely be temporary.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Is that even possable? would'nt they destroy the internet economically?
If they do that people will go into the streets to communicate and they "the State" will have a harder time knowing what and who knows!
Just guessing but could This be a republican ploy to sway the vote!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join