It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One month until they regulate the Internet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I see things differently now. I see them trying to bullying the public, their copyright issues, the police acting poorly, and now this, and the heavy control as TESTS and its really up to us. They don't get permissions for their hellish plans for this planet if when they push we push back really hard. Its time to really look at how you can get things going locally to Push Back, and the most basic and dignified are phone calls, letters, emails and groups making appointments to discuss their employees performance and demanding anything that is illegal such as a sovereign nation taking orders on domestic laws from the UN, that is a good start, and other issues, such as corruption, censorship and fascist legislation, to know they have to change these unlawful things, that you're criminal enough to obey unlawful laws, for you'd be a criminal with them if you did and you certainly won't obey a corrupt, unlawful judge. But you will see their careers and pensions destroyed if they don't back off.

Normally I catch some of the more critical typo's but alas not this time, a dropped word that says the opposite to my meaning. So, "that you're criminal enough to obey unlawful laws" is: That You're NOT criminal enough to obey unlawful laws.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Haha, Pirates indeed

However, my initial analogy may be flawed, in the geo-political environment of the future, those who ignore the regulation of the internet could be viewed as far more threatening than pirates..

In fact we see it already mentioned in several other threads….

The governing bodies of globe may see those of us demanding a free and uncensored internet as…..terrorists!

Quick and easy access to information is the number 1 tool for revolution, I fear this is only the beginning my friends.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They won't regulate the internet, the internet providers are paying too much in taxes. Think how many people would stop paying for internet if they could not access their sites?

Even if they did try to flip the internet switch, do you really think it will be more than a couple of weeks before somone establishes a shadow internet?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

The governing bodies of globe may see those of us demanding a free and uncensored internet as…..terrorists!

Quick and easy access to information is the number 1 tool for revolution, I fear this is only the beginning my friends.

Too true! Having, wanting knowledge is somehow "unpatriotic" nowadays.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Exactly, how many people in the administration, both current and opposition, would love to have these kind of regulations in place when incidents like Libya occur again? and i assure you they probably will.

To prevent the circulation of insider information, video, personal confessions etc is the bain to ogranized government that wants to appear all knowing, all powerful and all turthful.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

How can a populace question Bengazi when they are dumbed down and say, "Ben Who?"
How can a populace queston taxes, laws, rules if there is no learning to think critically?

This isn't just restriction of information, this is an attempt at social engineering.

In my humble opinion, of course.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Step by step its creeping up on us.

Where I live (uk) a residents association have just aquired funding to buy themselves T-shirts and their latest news letter asks us to report "odd behaviour", ring any bells???
It wont be long before we see the same on sites like ats where "odd beliefs" will be reported by the internet nazi's.
So, even if they cant regulate the internet (I think they can) those who speak freely will be taken down.

Get what you can NOW!!
Learn how to sneak about on the internet.
It would make a good thread if someone could educate people how to sneak about on the internet..anyone??

S&F CE

edit on 2-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A Relevant Article;

The Pacific Free Trade Agreement

In reality, the deal has almost nothing to do with trade: actual trade barriers between these countries are already very low. The TPP is an effort to use the holy grail of free trade to impose conditions and override domestic laws in a way that would be almost impossible if the proposed measures had to go through the normal legislative process. The expectation is that by lining up powerful corporate interests, the governments will be able to ram this new "free trade" pact through legislatures on a take-it-or-leave-it basis.

As with all these multilateral agreements, the intention is to spread its reach through time. That means that anything the original parties to the TPP accept is likely to be imposed later on other countries in the region, and quite likely, on the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
The headline is quite sensational but it's FOX news so what do you expect?

Regardless of the sensational headline this falls right into place with recent events that have been in the news and discussed on ATS.

Here is a bit of information about the meeting:

The conference will be run by the International Telecommunications Union (ITC), a U.N. agency that has typically provided a welcome service by making sure that the Internet works across countries. Many of its guidelines were first instituted in 1988. Most haven’t changed since then.

The conference will be run by the International Telecommunications Union (ITC), a U.N. agency that has typically provided a welcome service by making sure that the Internet works across countries. Many of its guidelines were first instituted in 1988. Most haven’t changed since then.

This may not sound very important but in light of recent events this should be very concerning.

I included links to a couple threads that relate to this issue and also included a link to the official page for the conference that discusses it's "agenda".

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-11-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Typically nonsensical fear mongering

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

one month you say? 2nd DECEMBER 2012 is now in my diary filed under failed prophecies to alaugh at

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

one month you say? 2nd DECEMBER 2012 is now in my diary filed under failed prophecies to alaugh at

You must be one of the clever ones who don't bother reading past the title.

Read the OP then get back to me turbo.

Not only are you ignorant, but you are also an ape

FYI:

Just in case you didn't know this forum requires that we use the article headline as the title so I was just following forum procedure and no where did I predict this to happen in one month's time.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

We just Need Ratigan to Exposed this Crap

Dylan Ratigan
www.dylanratigan.com...

I left a fifteen year career in financial journalism amid the crisis of 2008. I did this to join the traditional cable news ranks with a clear goal of revealing the ruthless truth about our biggest problems and telling the inspiring stories of those who are resolving them despite all odds

On of the Few Men that Exposed the Fed Reserve ..... A Bought Congress .....

you might see the Movie Vendetta become a reaility ...

or

Fahrenheit 451
Brave New World
THX1138
Equilibrium
a Reaility

to Those Remember ....

One World One Resolve

Apple's Macintosh
1984 (advertisement)
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

N-W-O

Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information Purification Directives. We have created, for the first time in all history, a garden of pure ideology – where each worker may bloom, secure from the pests purveying contradictory truths. Our Unification of Thoughts is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army on earth. We are one people, with one will, one resolve, one cause. Our enemies shall talk themselves to death, and we will bury them with their own confusion. We shall prevail!

( The Dream )

“ On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like "1984." ”

Big Brother - NSA CIA FBI State Police Local Police

Do we Not see Unmarked Inside-&-Out Survalance Cameras Popping every ware .. in the US

People we have already a Orwellin Society on this Planet

Its Called North Korea

let us Not be the 2nd ....

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think eventually the internet will become so complex, that an emergent intelligence might spontaneously pop up. I've discussed this with tallented programmers and scientists. It's not 100% agreed upon if this will actually happen, but I tend to think of each computer connected as a neuron in a brain. The fiber optic cables are like the synapses. We are litterally building the nervous system for the planet.

I think if there is a real AI out there on the internet, it's probably in hiding, observing and learning from us.

I don't always agee with your political stances, butI like your line of thought on this one! Star for you sir!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think the fact that this is a closed door event and the fact that many nations are already trying to censor the internet and gain more control over how it's citizens use the internet could be a major cause for concern. We won't know till the fat lady sings what proposals will get sneaked in while this closed session is going on. We'll need to look at how this interacts with or effects other proposed legislation by local countries. If they are all heading in the same direction of more government control and less freedom for the people then it's a bad thing indeed.

Not fear mongering, just being awake and cautious.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
They cant regulate the internet not in one fell swoop, but if they got people and groups sitting around thinking of doing such things I take that by "regulate" they mean that only the things they want you to see and hear about will be allowed on the net. In which case, slowly over time it can be done, in fact you even got all these groups running around on all kinds of sites installing the thought process and thought blocks now, none of them have any power however unless you give it to them.

But then again one thing thought that I have found to be true is. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
For it is great indeed.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Thank you for pointing out this is a closed door event, some people haven't noticed or can't be bothered which I find worrisome because I believe that our privacy and freedoms have been systematically taken away from us on all fronts including but not limited to the internet.

Those who do not care about these things being stripped away worry me but I envy them at the same time, I wish I was able to go day to day and say "hey everything is just fine" when it comes to those whom regulate our sources of information such as media and education, the internet has revolutionized the existence of these things.

I rather be a bit paranoid than completely clueless.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

The governing bodies of globe may see those of us demanding a free and uncensored internet as…..terrorists! Quick and easy access to information is the number 1 tool for revolution, I fear this is only the beginning my friends

Perhaps by regulating the internet they can prevent us from contacting other rebels in the revolution (aka domestic terrorists!?!), at least, that maybe what they are attempting. There would be no way for the average joe to dissent against policy, contact other like minded people, without being rounded up and popped into an interment camp.

Well, guess I should stop fear-mongering.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The NWO is planting a flag and claiming the internet as its own.

Here come the palefaces.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by MDDoxs

Well, guess I should stop fear-mongering.

I would say that is a very fair evaluation and I would not classify this a fear mongering, as their is historical precedent where the control of media outlets lead to a more authoritarian control over a population.

Lets not forget our history, less we be condemned to repeat it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

If they're going to clamp down on current and future technology, then go backwards.

Everyone has a radio.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join