It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dream within a dream! I died lastnight..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is probably one of the most insane dreams I have ever experienced. A little background might be necessary.

I work a lot and I sleep a lot! I find myself going to bed early in AM and waking mid-afternoon to late-afternoon before i go into work each day. I have trained myself to be what I think is conscious in my dreams. I am aware I am dreaming and aware what is going on, and the weirdness of the dream. I can wake up and roll over and get right back into the same dream or another dream...I enjoy this very much..On some nights..

I do not get spooked by dreams that much but this one did it for me...

Here's my dream..

So I am now asleep and dreaming.

I am with someone..Someone I don't know. There is no present 'person' but more of an energy. It is nightfall and I am preparing for sleep (Yes! In my dream I am getting ready to sleep..weird). The 'being' hands me a pill and says, "Take this..You will die, but you will live past this dimension." As I slowly fall 'asleep' I start feeling what I beleive is the pill I just took. Then it happens...I begin to dream within my real dream...It was soo weird. I feel a huge rush to the head and body (In my mind), the pill is in full effect. I am rushing upward towards the sky full force..I am dying..I am seeing glimpses of myself and family and true loved ones..I could actually feel what I think would be considered G force..I am freaking out and then there is feeling of, Im about to Peak...This energy source says "It is almost over, just breathe." I wake up inside my first dream! I am aware I am actually still dreaming and I am still aware of that I just had a dream, inside another dream. (Still amazes me that I woke up from a dream into my first dream). So at this point I am dissapointed with the 'pill' and I don't beleive this 'energy' source..So inside my first dream I begin to sleep again and then I feel all energy leave me and I now know the pill is truly in full effect....

I am dead..

It was only when I was dead I realized that I wasn't dead, but I moved into another dimension and awoke in a new world?? I didn't know anybody in this new world except 2 friends that I am guessing took the same pill (This part i am still trying to piece together.) From there, inside my dream of a dream, my friends and I are talking about what just happened and the feeling of the force upon our bodies when we were rocketing upwards towards space..We then began to walk around the new world. It was a world very similiar to the movie Demolition Man. Techonology seemed very advanced and we were in awe at the sites..

I then immediately felt like I was being pulled back into myself (true self, not dreaming state).

I awoke violently and immediatley started throwing up..I was so scared and excited at the same time.

Has anybody else encountered anything like this before? A dream within a dream? Waking up in a dream that is actually really your first dream?

This dream holds about 10 things apart from any other conscious dream I have had before. This one was special and I want to know or need help maybe assessing this dream.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Has anybody else encountered anything like this before? A dream within a dream? Waking up in a dream that is actually really your first dream?

it happens.
good to see your still with us!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wow. Sounds like you had one helluva night.

You started throwing up when you woke up IRL? Were you sick before you went to sleep or did that just happen randomly?

I've had some crazy dreams myself. Most of mine are lucid, but I've been having a few lately that weren't yet they stick in my mind due to their content which was somewhat similar to yours.

In the ones that I'm talking about I get severely injured but keep dreaming (when I would usually wake up), all while feeling the pain of the injury. And these aren't just like cuts or broken bones either.

The one that sticks out most in my mind is from a few months ago when I dreamt that a buddy and I were on patrol in Afghanistan or Iraq and I got shot in the chest. All I remember after that was lying on the ground while my buddy tried giving my sucking chest wound medical attention. I felt everything and the weird part was at that point I realized I was dreaming, but I could not wake up for what seemed like an eternity...

In another one I got a Machete to the forehead, didn't wake up for a while after that either.

Similar, but not nearly the same as yours. I hope someone can shed some insight on your dream, I would love to hear what they think as well.

These seem to be increasing in number and frequency for me as well... Idk, weird stuff...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Thanks for the reply!

I woke up in real life throwing up, no sickness or anything. I am working today (Attention is obviously not here).

Dreams are amazing and a beautiful part of humans! If only we knew more about them and their true meaning!

Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Earlier this year I had a dream in a dream and then I saw the person I had dreamt about in the inner dream, in the outer dream. That was a really weird dream and I am still interpreting it.
And I was ill in that dream too.

I am having more and more weird dreams lately.

I use a book called 'Understanding the dreams that you dream' bks 1 and 2.

I used to have a lot of death dreams as a teenager and I used to enjoy them but I don't anymore.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sounds odd!

I had a similar dream not too long ago. It wasn't a dream within a dream, and I didn't die, per se. However, a piece of my brain (character, soul?) did. The dream also carried some physical aspects, which didn't particularly scare me so much as it surprised me.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TotallyFEDup88

I flagged this, and then I forgot. But I had to tell you I had a similar dream! About alternate dimensions. It happened five months ago. I took a nap in the middle of the day that lasted four hours. In my dream, some man started talking to me and told me that the world will never know how strong our minds are, or something. It was a little melodramatic. Anyway, I tried to wake up, but I couldn't move my body.
Basically, there was this crazy chanting going on as I went through some portal or something, and the next thing I know I'm walking through some dark forest as someone narrated to me where to go because someone was going to pick me up? It was even snowing (which it never ever snows where I live), and I was freezing. Most of the things that happened were things that happened the past year with slight differences.

I was so disoriented when I woke up. It was the strangest dream I've ever had. I felt insane for a week.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have been enjoying my "dream" world more than the "real" world lately. The people there are much more friendly and they teach me things

Cool dream OP S&F

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i had a dream within a dream a few months ago .. it was a nightmare kind of a deal and i remember i wanted to wake up .. and i did . but i woke up next to an ex g.f .. talk about a double nightmare

top topics

join