It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
Time change is stupid. Period.

We have young children waiting for the school bus early in the morning. Without the time change the kids would be waiting in the dark. For this alone, the time change is well worth it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
So this is the one where I get an extra hour of sleep and then enrage the entire planet by drinking too much the night before - because of the extra hour recovery time I figure I'll have Thus oversleep and failing to meet any of my obligations the following day?

Or is this the one where I was gonna lose an hour of sleep and got so upset about it that I drank all night in time tyranny rebellion - also wiping out the entire following day???

Either way I stand by my approach. If they wanna play God and mess with the flow of time - then I will show my disdain by destroying my own ability to comprehend time in any meaningful way.

And of course OP, thank you for the PSA. I always forget these things and usually find out about time changes a day or two later when I notice that my cell phone has a different time on it than my car clock.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I just simply think that the reason it started, so I was told or read somewhere, is just a dopey reason to alter everyone's lives... You know, the dude out riding a horse, upset because everyone was still in bed instead of being up and going for a walk or horse ride? W h a t e v e r r r r r....

As far as kids out waiting for buses in the morning in daylight, well sure, I can see the practicality in that. We'll just let them get off the bus when it's dark out... 6 and 1 half dozen of the other - my 2 cents worth.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yeah... even with this forewarning... woke up this morning - went into the kitchen to get some caffeine, noticed the clock on the stove, and then came in here. I woke the computer up from hibernation, glanced at the clock...

And had a breakdown for about 30 seconds trying to figure out how 5:00 am had become 4:00 am all of a sudden.

So, sober? Still trauma.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by solargeddon

Where do you live?

I live in Seattle...and the time does not change until this Sunday.

I live in the UK....Our clocks went back a week before you, I don't know why though ?!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ugh I bet we're about to be inundated with 'time slippers'.

It actually confused me today. Thought I had been in the bathroom WAY too long, and I'm not saying that to be funny. It kinda freaked me out for a second.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join