It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Scorned' Mom Whose Cheating Ex 'For Sale' Sign Went Viral Is Shocked By The Backlash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I thought this was funny. Not the cheating, there are mitigating circumstances to every situation, but to this woman it was not funny at all. This story is out of Portland, OR.

Here's the sign on the house after divorce proceedings :

A self-employed photographer and artist, Zober, who finalized her divorce in June, didn't see the point in paying for pricey realtor signage when she and her ex decided to sell their Beaverton, Ore. home.

She made one herself––with a twist.

"I put the sign up at 1 o'clock on Friday on Facebook and I had the local news in my yard by 5," she told Business Insider Tuesday. "And I'm not really sure how we wound up here or how we wound up doing interviews. I don't think I'm what people expect."

They might expect exactly what the sign advertised: A woman bitter and broken enough that she decided to smear her husband in broad daylight.

Instead, there is Zober, who said the sign was not only partially paid for by her ex but nothing more than a funny way to get their house off the market and make light of an otherwise "catastrophic" experience.

"The affair wasn't fun and the end of my (10-year) marriage wasn't funny. It was catastrophic," she said. "But (my ex) is a funny guy and I like to think I'm funny, too. We live in Portland. People here make bacon donuts. It's just a different place...we really weren't expecting the media attention."

All in all they were both in on the poking fun. It garnered Media attention, lots of it. The house, well, it still seems to be on the market according to this article.

Link

Thoughts.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What backlash? Just the media?
If her ex is ok with it, good for her for being a strong women. It's not like she printed lies about him.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Tasteless, they should have more integrity. People should keep their private life private and stop reporting everything on Big Brothers Citizen Profile Data book, I mean facebook. Now they just have to deal with it.
We need James Cameron to raise the bar!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
In light of the current housing market, whatever you can do to bring more attention to a house you are trying to sell is okay by me! My mother has been trying to sell her house for nearly three years and has only had a handful of people even look at it. If your house isn't a six figure sale the realtors have no interest in showing it- all they do is put one of their signs in front of it and put it far down on their list.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Bacon donuts...

What else did you say?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have to admit, my first thought on seeing that was "I can see why he might have done it".

"If" he were to give an interview and claim his ex was a harpy who made his life a living hell and drove him to someone "easier to deal with" I would not be surprised.

Then again, I believe half of some post divorce claims and less than half of most.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If that's not a cry for attention I don't know what it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Bacon donuts...

What else did you say?

4 real!

What is a bacon donut? I want one.......make that two........or three......just give me the recipe.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If the idea is just to have a laugh while marketing the house, and possibly getting 100x more attention than standard marketing avenues (which they did) then I don't see a problem with it.

Heck, if she sells the house you might see people coming up with similar (fabricated) schemes just so they can sell theirs too...

Not really a sellers market these days. A cheater's one maybe.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I'm just going to assume it's something as simple as donuts wrapped in bacon.
that just seems around right in my own head. I dunno if I'd find that tasty or not. I'm not much of a donut eater but I DO like bacon... Hmm..

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

I never heard of them before, but in my mind I picture a donut filled with melted cheddar cheese with oodles of fresh bacon pieces in it. Kind of like a jelly donut but with bacon and cheese instead. Or maybe a pistolette.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Bacon donuts...

What else did you say?

4 real!

What is a bacon donut? I want one.......make that two........or three......just give me the recipe.

VooDoo Doughtnuts Portland, Oregon
I don't like donuts at all. But, this is maple and bacon.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Great marketing ploy I think.

People are media Hos' , can't get enough.

We don't know the whole situation. Like I said, different circumstances cause all kinds of problems which we're not aware of. Sad, but funny too.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Thanks for the link.

It sounded better than it looks. I'd still try one though.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
I don't like donuts at all. But, this is maple and bacon.

I remember an Anthony Bourdain No Reservations episode that featured this place. He became instantly hooked on the maple bacon donut. It must taste like when you *accidentally* drop the corner of your bacon into your pancake syrup. Yum!

I am so sorry for derailing your thread, Daphne! I couldn't help myself. Oh, the power of bacon!

I owe it to you to get back on your topic, so I'll say that I also found the house for sale sign a clever marketing ploy, and good for her. I did something similar when I had to kick my violent, child-beating husband out of the house, leaving me in debt with the kids and a mountain of bills that he had accrued. My Craigslist ad said something like, "Garage sale Saturday. Tons of power tools and electrician's equipment. I have no idea how much these things are worth, so make me an offer!" Everything sold within a few hours. I could probably have gotten more for it, but it was deeply satisfying.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Heck, if she sells the house you might see people coming up with similar (fabricated) schemes just so they can sell theirs too...

Oh I'm sure it will, just like the first genius who wrote his own mini billboard on a yard sale sign and stuck it on the local corner, you'll see a flood of people doing this until it has zero effectiveness.

Real advertisers are somewhat smart enough to know you can fatigue your target audience, unfortunately the general public on this planet is about as dumb as a box of rocks when acting collectively.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I owe it to you to get back on your topic, so I'll say that I also found the house for sale sign a clever marketing ploy, and good for her. I did something similar when I had to kick my violent, child-beating husband out of the house, leaving me in debt with the kids and a mountain of bills that he had accrued. My Craigslist ad said something like, "Garage sale Saturday. Tons of power tools and electrician's equipment. I have no idea how much these things are worth, so make me an offer!" Everything sold within a few hours. I could probably have gotten more for it, but it was deeply satisfying.

Yep, I think Anthony Bordain did do a show on Voodoo Donuts. I watch his show all the time.

You did right by kicking your husband out if he was abusive to your children and you. Good for you and this also applies to men with women behaving this way. Abuse against anyone is a no no. It is very satisfying to "hit um where it hurts" in your case. Don't worry about being off topic, it's just a news story, glad it got people thinking. Just something to talk about.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If the guy asked for it more power to her for telling the truth. He's a crybaby.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't know about the supposed "backlash", but I thought it was hilarious LOL

BTW, what is your avatar from, it looks very familiar

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy
I don't know about the supposed "backlash", but I thought it was hilarious LOL

BTW, what is your avatar from, it looks very familiar

Thanks. I like pics with clothes on, I'm modest, just me.
Just did a search for modest women and that came up.

I like to laugh, so thought this was a funny story.
edit on 9-11-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join