It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Tyler and Aerosmith inspire me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
After watching Aerosmith perform in NYC, I feel compelled to write this for Steven Tyler, and for his performance. I realize that many people talk about hard work. They drone on for days about sacrifice, and earning what you have. As I watched an aging rock star, squeeze everything he could muster from his aging vocal cords, I saw it. I saw hard work. I saw sacrifice. I saw heart. I saw what embodies the American dream. I saw a thoroughly unprepared man go out there, and put his reputation on the line. I saw someone leading by example.

When his voice was breaking between songs, as he struggled to give commentary, I knew he was giving it his all. When the band was warming up, and jokingly interrupting the NBC news cast, I knew they came with true rock and roll spirit.

From a strict musical perspective, his vocals were lacking. The band more than made up for it. Throwing together the band, and coming out on such short notice was nothing short of amazing.

You will not see those things often in this day and age. Certainly not from our lack luster performers that struggle more than an aging Steven Tyler. They struggle out of laziness. Not from 42 years of giving 100%, as Steven Tyler and Aerosmith have done.

I am very glad that despite the lacking vocals, that Aerosmith headlined. They set the tone, and he set the bar for the acts to follow.

I think this should be taken as a challenge, to the blowhards at large. Stop talking about it, and start living it. Stop rolling your sleeves up as a fashion statement, stop scripting your body language, and just start doing it for real.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Aerosmith what a great band, I am not at all surprised that the vocals were a struggle I sing in a covers band and Stephen Tyler's vocals are about as hard to pitch as its possible to be. Unlike a lot of other bands Aerosmith perform at concert pitch, and do not tune down. These guys really show the manufactured acts from various talent shows how its done. Im glad you enjoyed the show, and wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
mr. tyler is by far one of the most ugliest men in entertainment!
his 'talent' is questionable at best. if he does that 'ag g g g g g g g g' thing one more time i will shoot myself!
they were good for 5 min. in the '70's with walk this way,then they turned into aging media darlings after the remix with run dmc!
if your tired,know when to go to bed!
hey the stones are doing a 50th anniversary show!!!! wanna go!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ah, the bad boys from Boston. Got to love 'em! I have seen them numerous times mostly back in the 70's. Awesome to see them still playing together after all the crap they went through in the past. Keep Rockin'!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Mr. Tyler isn't ugly. I think he looks cool.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

to each there own i guess! sorry,gotta go. i have a photo shoot for the fireman's calender!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
mr. tyler is by far one of the most ugliest men in entertainment!
his 'talent' is questionable at best. if he does that 'ag g g g g g g g g' thing one more time i will shoot myself!
they were good for 5 min. in the '70's with walk this way,then they turned into aging media darlings after the remix with run dmc!
if your tired,know when to go to bed!
hey the stones are doing a 50th anniversary show!!!! wanna go!!!!

Being male I really could not say if Tyler is good looking, or ugly. But if he is considered unattractive by the ladies I think it serves to demonstrate the point that the perceived quality of a man's attractiveness to women is situational.
Mr Tyler may indeed not have the looks of a Greek god, but thanks to his status as front man of Aerosmith he has consistently killed with the ladies.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

ya your correct,but i just don't get it! mick jaggar is still 'hot' too?
what about mutt langue? (spelling?) he was married to shania twain! what gives!
his name makes me wanna vomit! (ya ya he produced back in black!)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

If you are referring to the record producer I think his occupation, and wealth were probably the driving factors in that pairing.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
STEVEN TYLER
Drops F-Bomb on 'Today'

Steven Tyler had a rough morning -- not only did he not know what show he was on, he also dropped an F-bomb on live television! Tyler -- who is probably never awake at such an early hour -- performed with Aerosmith on the "Today" show this morning ... only he thought he was on a different program. Al Roker's reaction ... priceless.

Then, while Roker was giving a weather update, Tyler screamed in the background to the crowd, "Thanks for coming out, you crazy f**ks!" And now you know why rock stars perform at night.

www.tmz.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by hotel1

ya your correct,but i just don't get it! mick jaggar is still 'hot' too?
what about mutt langue? (spelling?) he was married to shania twain! what gives!
his name makes me wanna vomit! (ya ya he produced back in black!)

Now Jagger I find to be ugly.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Oh no, not the F word!
Someone cover my virgin ears!

I'll bet he was confused. They all looked jetlagged.

top topics

join