It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our I is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I'd like to tell you about who I am
but I know that you could never understand.
Words and thoughts are fruitless.
When time ends and you just are and I just am.
What you are is certain and what we are not
is confused, restless and bound in time.
Travelling endlessly in the mind
brings no true joy.
Only deprives you of knowing
our true I.
Apart from the I,
everything works,
to deny one thing or another.
A masterly crafted delay from being
peaceful and yourself.
Once you know who ye are
everything else becomes minor.
Your past, your future.
A mere bubble.
On discovery of your self,
the false identity, obliged to end.
Once again,
You are, I am.

Eliberocelta Melbourne Nov. 2012

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
What is the picture supposed to represent?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I enjoy the illustrations you include with your thoughts. I have not been commenting on your threads, but I have read them all and I give you stars and flags so that more will see, hopefully. I am in a place where there is not much to say right now. Please keep writing, there are many who need to hear.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Its is the beetle moving towards the eternal sun and the symbols represent eternity.That is the general summary, but some other glyphs may point at something else in particular.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thanks for your kindness, sounds like a good place to be.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
reply to post by ElOmen

Its is the beetle moving towards the eternal sun and the symbols represent eternity.That is the general summary, but some other glyphs may point at something else in particular.

There is a whole lot in the image. As you said, the beetle is moving towards the eternal sun, but the beetle is a combination of a hawk, and scarab. So It could mean a couple things, depending on how you wish to interpret them. Egyptologists seem to think they have it down to an exact science, but in the case of pictographs, it's really interpretation as a majority of these writings used everyday objects found in egypt at the time to convey their messages, cursive hieroglyphs are more precise, but this tablet is kind of a puzzle. What were they trying to say with the images presented.

upper left corner we have what looks like a star, a man kneeling before it holding up something in his hands(offering to the star?), and a man who could be a priest kneeling behind him.

The lines below could be water, or even fire.
Then a cup, leading me to believe the lines above are water or some liquid.
A bird(I'm guessing falcon) looking towards us, the interpretter
Same bird looking at a star, I assume the same as mentioned above.

Half circle, I assume half.
This circle with a dot inside in astronomy today is the symbol for earth
another half circle same as before half
This solid circle could represent the sun, or the moon. (part sun)
Snake/serpent. ( using above and today's logic, half son of serpent)

now we have one I have trouble with. We have a serpent, above a half circle, above a line, above three dots. If I'm trying to literally translate this It looks like serpent half, on earth the line, above three dots(lost here.)

Now upper right we have an Ankh, and what looks to be a pharaoh, beneath them they both sort of blend into one.

We have a falcon next to a foot.
above water?

Sun shining down, sunlight,
a cup, vessel,

hawk facing us.

can't put this symbol as something I recognize, (sorry not from ancient egypt ha ha.)

a hand(cubit???)

A half circle, above a man, that looks like he's coming out of a line(earth/ground)

above a cup/vessel.

Next to that on left we have two ribbons on either side of a circle.

Now, I'm not sure which direction to go with it, or what the symbols mean but these are the objects I picked out.

I looked up some stuff, and the symbol with the ankh and man blended together is Ra.(Generally accepted translation)

Likely it's a story about resurrection, or some pharaoh being a son of Osiris,Ra,Horus, but I find it interesting to look at them literally.

Could be the story of Horus as well.

Long story short, I'm no egyptologist ha ha

Actually long story short, I tried to look for anything like this. This image is a reproduction relief, that has very little explanation.
www.ancienttreasures.com...

It how ever seems to be based on the tablet of horus.

www.whale.to...

Then again, what do I know.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Hey you gave it a go and that counts, I put it in because it fitted intuitively with what was written. The idea of the eternal sun. Thanks for your impression.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Thank you, I enjoyed your work, but was intrigued by the relief as well. Sorry to distract from your lovely work.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
So how, to find, out what or who i am.. How did You find out

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This all very well and good (for you) but why not just go ahead and tell these people exactly what they are? That's the knowledge that changes everything not that it'll matter anyway because most are still consciousness and quite unable to distinguish Truth from the trees.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I hope this isn't too off topic. But the first thing that came to mind was this:

The idea of the self as we know it contrasted against a larger self we do not know, or even a whole without a sense of self or ego at all, is a common theme (and sometimes conflict) in many belief systems, philosophical questions, and cultures. I think this song deals more with the ego as a driver of grasping and selfishness than the more general concepts of self and oneness, but it was still the first thing that came to mind.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
That was very beautiful OP, I thank you for sharing that piece of text. It is said that the universe cannot be explained by some rational deductions. But only to be explained through deep and creative poetry.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You can't tell someone who they are...it's a self journey.

Your words are deep and make you ponder...thank you

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

op doesn't really say anything

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

This all very well and good (for you) but why not just go ahead and tell these people exactly what they are? That's the knowledge that changes everything not that it'll matter anyway because most are still consciousness and quite unable to distinguish Truth from the trees.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)
why dont you do that ? we all put our piece of cake in and everybody can take or leave as they wish.

new topics

top topics

join