It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Obama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Good reasons all, but how much of that is a president really responsible for. Myself, I will be wasting my vote on a third party candidate again this year. It's tradition.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I understand how you have come to the conclusion you have based on those linked articles, but that is because they only tell part of the story.

Yes, the economy is improving slightly, but this is actually a short term and ultimately negative trend. The only reason the economy has not completley collapsed is because we our borrowing enormous amounts of money to stave it off.

This cannot continue, no matter what anyone tells you we cannot keep borrowing forever, there is a limit and we are not far from hitting it. Think of it this way if you are half a million in debt, but have 50000 in credit card advances, you can avoid foreclosure for a few months, but you have accomplished nothing other than put yourself further behind the eight ball. The government is no different, it just involves more 0's. Do not believe the lies money printing solves anything, history has proven many times that is bull.

What the fed, Obama and congress are doing is digging the debt hole deeper and deeper, they are making the collapse much larger just to buy us a few months before the inevitable collapse.

It is impossible to grow our way out of the hole that exists, it is impossible to tax our way out, it is impossible to budget cut our way out. It is impossible to stop a mammoth debt default no matter what we do, all that can be done is to minimize the pain as much as possible but no matter what at this point there will be major pain.

Obama and Romney both do not want to work at minimizing our problems because it will be very unpopular.

Nobody should support these policy's unless they are only a few years from death, everybody else is getting royally screwed.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Annee

Don't get me wrong, whether it's Obama the Democrat or Romney the Republican, our American rights are slowly being stripped away and neither candidate will do anything to stop that. In fact both fully support the indefinite detentions of Americans and Patriot Act (and much more) and that's because both parties are run by the same machine.

I get people definitely waste their time hating one politician or the other and maybe that explains the communist accusations.

You really don't need to explain that to me - - but that was not your question.

Have you read the PNAC and who wrote it?

However in current real time - - I will vote for Obama on social equality issues.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The reality is that it doesn't matter who you vote for. Obama doesn't run the country now, his advisers do.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I guess we know who Biden isn't voting for.
Ok now even Obama supporters have to admit, this is funny.

edit on 3-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Social equality should be something everyone strives for. It shouldn't matter if you're religious or not. Christianity (or Jesus) taught tolerance and love.

We should all be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. In order to pay for the social programs, we need to be smart about our spending.

Even hardcore conservatives love "Transformers". Optimus Prime said it best:

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

That includes the freedom to marry who or whomever you want. That includes the right to be in charge of your body.

The motto should be:

Your religious beliefs end where my fundemental rights as a sentient being begin.

edit on 3-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
It's someone who works toward progress and prosperity in sagging neighborhoods, by rallying them and bringing them on board to work for better circumstances, because they need to do so in order to improve their lot in life....

Like what would one do? What are his successes, and how did he accomplished them? What were the measurements used?

I'm not trying to be difficult, for I truly don't know what one would do and since Obama waves this as some kind of flag I would like to know what he did more personally as one to get a good picture.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I suggest that anyone who hasen't read the anti federalist and federalist papers do so. No short task but it shines a little light on current arguments and where they orgininated.

In our "two party system" it would seem that both parties fall on one side. Red or blue argue about semantics compared to the anti government stance that many americans felt before the constitution was ratifed. Our bill of rights was added to appease those who didn't like the idea of government.

Any government given the chance will continue to grow.

Now they shouldn't be called rights, more like allowances...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
reply to post by r2d246

That crap has been going on since before anyone signed anything. Seriously.

Your right though and one of the things I mentioned I do not like but do you really believe that it would had been any different with any other president? Really?

I believe pres... are male spokes models and glorified teleprompter readers. They don't decide on anything.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Yes, we must kill more babies and pay for people's healthcare. You know, more than we already do. Gotta love Obama.

Also, gotta love Obama, the guy who destroyed half of his brain cells on drugs and spends money like a man who won the lottery in the Ghetto.

Yeah, you see improvement, but forget the fact he is taxing the living hell out of small businesses. My family owns a few. He is taxing us so much it is actually negating profits. So we can fire employees, lie on taxes, or simply not take pay checks. My family has chosen not to take pay checks.

Screw Obama. He keeps helping the needy and not the people who hire and pay into the needy programs.
edit on 3-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
That is one of the biggest problems in America today.... All want free from the government instead of WORKING! This person is voting for Obama because he is UNINFORMED! When you look at what Obama has destroyed in America since he won the Election 4 years ago is amazing. Gas is twice as high, Electric bill has climbed to twice and will continue to climb. You lost your insurance, if you haven't yet - just wait you will. Obama has taken hundreds of millions from medicare to pay for hundreds of IRS Agents? Obama has not done the job he has a hit list of Americans, he watched while those Seals were murdered and refused to help them. Obama has bowed to all the Middle East leaders when he got elected and today relations with that part of the world is worse now than ever. Obama is going to gut the Military.

I know I can keep going, but that is enough to give you something to think about. Just because he can read off a telaprompter does not make him a good President. Ignoring security briefings to play a round of Golf and America is one step closer to an attack,

Now you have Sandy and NY wants to run the Marathon - now that is called off after protests. FEMA is very slow to respond. NO GAS, NO ELECTRIC, NO FOOD, NO WATER, and so far the only help is from Other Americas NOT the Government, local, state or federal.

If Obama is re-elected America will be destroyed from within and without.
edit on 3-11-2012 by sandmannc40 because: Update most recent stories.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Sorry but a lot of that are exagerations... It has been known by many of us for months now that after people have been in unemployment for too long they drop from the system and makes it look like employment is up, when it isn't...

Obama has been, and wants to make more cuts to the military than any other President before him.

Jan 05, 2012

Obama announces Pentagon budget cuts

President Obama announced a new military strategy on Thursday that will cut the Pentagon budget by hundreds of billions of dollars over the next decade.
The new military strategy includes $487 billion in cuts over the next decade. An additional $500 billion in cuts could be coming if Congress follows through on plans for deeper reductions. The announcement comes weeks after the U.S. officially ended the Iraq War and after a decade of increased defense spending in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.

content.usatoday.com...

That means a lot more people working for the government, under another administration by Obama will lose their jobs.

In total he wants to cut at least $987 billion U.S.D. from the defense budget, and how do you think those cuts will come?...

He also wants less soldiers, or as he says "a leaner military"... Which will be as bad or worse than Clinton made it back in the 90s.

To make things worse, the worse cuts he wants will be to the Army and the Marine corps, which happen to be our ground forces, for those that don't know.

That's without mentioning his "indefinite detention" which he wants to make legal.

What he wants is to be able to incarcerate ANYONE indefinetely even if they haven't committed any crimes, but rather because of their views they MIGHT commit some sort of crime in the future... Obama, and the banker elites will use this to incarcerate anyone who would try to opose them too fiercely, and of course this is a political move.

Soon enough we are going to have thanks to Obama political prisoners in these United States if things go as Obama and the banker elites want, yet you and others like you want to vote for him?...

He already used a drone to murder a U.S. citizen without a trial, and you think it will stop there?...

On September 30, 2011, in a northern province of Yemen, Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen and a senior figure in Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, finished his breakfast and walked with several companions to vehicles parked nearby. Before he could drive away, a missile fired from a drone operated by the Central Intelligence Agency struck the group and killed Awlaki, as well as a second American citizen, of Pakistani origin, whom the drone operators did not realize was present.

President Barack Obama had personally authorized the killing. “I want Awlaki,” he is said to have told his advisers at one point. “Don’t let up on him.” The President’s bracing words about a fellow American are reported in “Kill or Capture,” a recent and important book on the Obama Administration’s detention and targeted-killing programs, by Daniel Klaidman, a former deputy editor of Newsweek.

With those words attributed to Obama, Klaidman has reported what would appear to be the first instance in American history of a sitting President speaking of his intent to kill a particular U.S. citizen without that citizen having been charged formally with a crime or convicted at trial.

Read more www.newyorker.com...

www.newyorker.com...

Also many of you don't understand the fact that if Obama wins he will be FORCING people to do other things, even against the morals or views of many of you in the left who are not part of the elites, just like he has done with Obamacare.

And these things are just the tip of the iceberg that is Obama, and his administration...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
BTW, you should really check the following to find out the truth about job creation under Obama...

Food Stamp Growth 75X Greater than Job Creation

9:39 AM, Nov 2, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

With the latest jobs report, it is now the case that "Under Obama, Food Stamp Growth [Is] 75 Times Greater Than Job Creation," according to statistics compiled by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee. "For Every Person Added to Jobs Rolls Since January 2009, 75 People Added To Food Stamp Rolls."

Here's a chart detailing the growth:

www.weeklystandard.com...

And that's from 2009 til now...

What this means is as people's unemployment runs out, they still can't get jobs and as these millions of people dissapear "from the system" making it look like there is a job growth when in reality this is not true. Because of this these people are resorting to food stamps, so the figures CLAIMED by the Obama administration, and the left in general, are nothing but exagerations and outright lies...

edit on 3-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I love how left wingers/Democrats always talk about 'control of our body", yet they're perfectly willing to depend on government, grow government and basically take away all self reliance. You're fine with the government being in your body under the guise of "free healthcare" too.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

I love how you haven't the slightest idea what Democrats/liberals think and stand for, but are always spewing trollish slams. Always. You Republicans and your one-liners meant to ridicule. You realize that only highlights your own mentality, right?
edit on 3-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Let do it this way.....

If the economy adds 100 jobs each month and loses 120, how many jobs were created ?

Answer..... none. Twenty jobs were lost. What then do you do...?

Answer.... Vote for Mitt Romney.

If stranded navy seals and our Ambassador plead for help several times and those who are ready to help are told to "stand down" and the president instead leaves for Vegas on a fund raising trip, what do you do...?

If your nation is poor, and everyone's living on disability, food stamps and talking on Obama phones saying gimmie gimmie gimmie, and blacks are pitted against whites, and the old against the young, and those who have against those who do not have, and women against men, what do you do....?

If the Justice dept refuses to prosecute black on white hate crimes, and instead prosecutes individual states for enforcing laws that the Federal government is mandated to enforce but won't, what do you do...?

When a non qualified board of 15 people gets to decide if you should get proper medical attention based on such factors as age, ability, and mental capacity, thus deciding if you should be allowed to live or die, and is disguised as a health plan called Obamacare, what do you do...?

When gas and oil are priced to the max and all of our homeland production is sabotaged, resisted, and denied, what do you do.....?

I could just go on and on, but I think you can understand why Mitt Romney will be the next President of the United States of America.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

If the economy adds 100 jobs each month and loses 120, how many jobs were created ?

Answer..... none. Twenty jobs were lost. What then do you do...?

Those "jobs" weren't LOST, they were TAKEN from Americans. They still exist, they just moved to CHINA.
Who do you blame?
Answer...........Mitt Romney.

I could go on and on, too. But it's already pretty much in the bag. Obama has the electoral college. The popular vote only matters in the swing states. I urge everyone who lives in one of those states to VOTE. The rest of us have to just deal with what our states already decided.

But you folks, especially in OHIO, your SINGLE VOTE can and will make a difference.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The way I see it, Obummer has only made everything worse. Our biggest problem is the growing national debt, and government spending. He's made it a zillion times worse. Has no plan to fix it either. Everything else is minor in comparison.

If Romnoid gets elected, it's just going to be more of th same too.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

That's what gets me, people want to blame the government about jobs when its the 1% and the corporations they own outsourcing the work then blaming the president for it, its the ultimate con job and people fall for it hook, line and sinker ...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Yes, he DOES have a plan. He even outlines it in his ads (here in my state, at least).
Romney is the one who has NO PLAN.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join