It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Obama

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There's more Obama supporters on ATS than I thought. Interesting...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
Obama supporters do not debate with facts, or logic. Obama supporters debate simply with emotion.

Asking what you are asking is like asking a zebra to have spots instead of stripes - it won't happen... it isn't natural for them.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emotional people debate with emotions.

People that care about facts debate with facts.

Which party or non - - - they belong to has nothing to do with it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hey, I'm just doing what you're doing. Ignoring what's there and seeing what I want to see.

You've still completely ignored everything I've written and tried to focus on one thing to make me look bad.

If I were a conservative minded fool I would go on about how you're so much a liberal, blah, blah, blah. But I don't worship corrupt men.

Obama is a jerk. An arrogant jerk.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

You've still completely ignored everything I've written and tried to focus on one thing to make me look bad.

Emotions are internal. The only person that can make you feel or look bad is you. I am not making you take anything personal. That is your choosing.

You could simply look at it as having a different opinion.

If I were a conservative minded fool I would go on about how you're so much a liberal, blah, blah, blah. But I don't worship corrupt men.

Obama is a jerk. An arrogant jerk.

I am a Social Liberal - - who believes in Equal Rights. Other then that I do not discuss my politics on ATS. So you have no clue if I am Liberal or Conservative or something else - - - beyond Social Equality issues.

Obama supports Marriage Equality. Obama supports eliminating DOMA. etc etc

I'm voting for that "jerk".

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And you have proven my point that you're not even actually listening to what I've been saying nor do you really care to. You're voting for a jerk instead of an overbearingly rich idiot. Congrats.

I believe ye to be a troll. And ye shall not receive anymore feeding from me. Good day, sir.

And this is a little off topic, but has anyone noticed how Mitt looks like Bruce Campbell? Why vote for Obama when you can vote for the chin? I kid. Don't waste your time. But who am I kidding? You people will never be swayed away from your "2 party safety." So continue to pick the shiniest of 2 turds. Who's it this time?
edit on 11/5/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

LOOK----LOOK, my made up numbers support my lying candidate. Are people really this stupid in the world today?

We reap what we sow. And our country is lazy of mind and body. We are arrogant and apathetic. We could care less about others, we build personal jail cells of circuits. We settle for a lesser of two evils.

The debates and elections are really nothing more then theater.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
i voted early for obama

for the win!

thanks yall who are like minded and wish to see us progress instead of go back in time...lol, you know what i'm talking about.

No, I have no idea what you're talking about. Please elaborate, sir.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Annee

And you have proven my point that you're not even actually listening to what I've been saying nor do you really care to. You're voting for a jerk instead of an overbearingly rich idiot. Congrats.

^ ^ ^ ^ OPINION.

Who wants me to agree with them.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by Tazkven

That's great, and I encourage you to vote! You have a healthy attitude about it, that's good. But this is ATS....

So the one thing I should bring to your attention is your efforts are plainly symbolic. And there's nothing wrong with that. Like your symbolizing to yourself and others that you're a patriotic american! Which is good.

But again this is ATS.... so my thought is your vote and anyone elses doesn't actually get counted. The voting machines decide who wins. I hate to say it but it's already been decided one way or another. And the voting machines will ensure that TPTB decision is upheld.

And that person will be obama, so he can continue to destroy the constitution.

Edited to add: I dont support either one of these clowns.
edit on 5-11-2012 by planefixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There probably won't be any major differences no matter who wins.

Internationally, there will be more drone strikes while in America the amount of drones will also increase along with one's which can hover over cities and residential areas with their cameras.

Either way, there probably will be more intervention in the Middle East with heavier weapons provided to the terrorists in Syria while still supporting all the absolute monarchies who haven't a shred of democracy but are Western allies so can carry on as usual.

Both options will be backed by the Openheimers and the usual global elites pushing for one-world government and continue to be hypocrites that destablise the world for their nations own advantage in the name of 'freedom' and 'democracy'. Killing millions and mass-suffering will all continue to be fine as long as there's 'democracy'....and new military bases, oil or other useful resources involved.

Not just the US, but most of the Western states who are backed by the same banks, corporations and elites.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dante2117

You know what? I think you're right. But, hope springs eternal. Some of us are die-hard optimists....

Welcome to ATS, btw!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Fine, I'll just repeat myself.

Question: How old is your husband's uncle? I'm curious because it can tell a lot about the man. I'm only interested because you're convinced he's an idiot.

Second question: Being a member of ATS, you must have some kind of conspiracy mindset in some regard. Or, it's possible that you're here for other reasons like the aliens/UFO sections or the paranormal section. I don't know, you would have to elaborate on that. My question is why are you 100% behind Obama like he's going to change this country and make it better?
edit on 11/5/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: mafia heckles nerd flight bangles

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
And my last reason is,

Because I don't want this guy to win ...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dante2117
There probably won't be any major differences no matter who wins.

To a degree, yes, but there are still hundreds of thousands of decisions to be made that WILL affect the lives of ordinary Americans over the next four years.

There are certain things that are beyond your control, and it is a case of voting for the lesser of two evils to a degree.

Either way, the president will have to work to provide security and stability within the USA, and when the € collapses, austerity measures are needed, or when the stock market implodes, you'll need a president able to deal with that.

Cuts have to be made to save money, and those cuts have to be made carefully so that they are long-term benefits, not short-term savings. Capitalists choose short-term gain over long-term prosperity. Romney believes that he can cut all kinds of things now and save a lot of money, and it will, for a year or two, then he'll be spending double fixing the mess that those cuts have created.

Romney is going to make short-term cuts in spending because he thinks a national budget is the same a state budget, or a domestic budget. It's not that simple.

I've said it before in other threads, but I'll say it again...

Example, the police are cut and you save ten million. That's great, for now.
But in a year you're paying officers double in overtime because of the increase in crime that they cannot deal with. Judges are working extra hours to process more cases - judges cost a lot of money. Prison numbers swell so you need to spend another 30 million on a couple more cell blocks. Those prisoners need more guards, food, health care. Meanwhile communities are up in arms because their policing is ineffective, drug use and domestic violence are on the rise. Protests increase and more police are needed...

Before you know it, that ten million saving has become a 50 million expense, communities are now out of control because of the year without adequate policing, drug lords and gangs have taken over, people and businesses have fled the area so tax revenue is slashed in half.

This same thing can happen on a national level when services are cut. The above scenario is just as a result of policing being cut, but imagine the same playing out in education, health care, outreach services...

People who think Romney is on the right path need to consider more than immediate savings. All of these things will affect you, and while a saving now might look good, you have to follow the effects of that cut all the way down the line as far as possible.

That's why, despite not liking or trusting either man, I believe Obama is the better of these two evils. He has kept things stable over the last four years, and I truly believe that Romney's naive approach to the budget will not benefit America.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Umm, you pass a negative judgement on my mental capacity, while posting ad homs and red herring all in one place.

YOU were the one passing judgement on EVERYONE who disagrees with you, or do you forget your own post?...

Bush may have called for bailouts. So what? It doesn't prevent the GOP from attacking Obama for doing same, showing what kind of hypocrites they are. Hey, Romney never denounced Bush for that, for whatever reasons.

And no, I'm not a fan of Obama, I just need to vote against Romney. Obama did OK, barely. Romney? Sheesh.

Because now leftwingers are claiming that "Obama saved the economy" when he wasn't the one to call for bailouts, which btw I think, and thought when Bush made that announcement that it was/is a BAD IDEA...

All they did with the bailouts was to give money to ceos for bankrupting their companies... They were given money for destroying not only their companies but the U.S. economy...

Not only that, but as I wrote before all this is doing, by raising the Federal deficit ceiling, and printing PAPER money like there is no tomorrow is only DEVALUATING/MAKING WEAKER the U.S. dollar and the U.S. economy...

Tell me, for those who can't comprehend what the bailouts have done to us, is it easier to pay a debt of $5,000 U.S.D. or a debt of $500,000 U.S.D.?...

What the bailout did, as well as the raising of the Federal deficit and the never ending printing of PAPER money, was to put us in more debt than ever before and when the crash comes, get ready because it will be a brick wall hitting you in the face at 200mph...

edit on 5-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Umm, you pass a negative judgement on my mental capacity, while posting ad homs and red herring all in one place.

YOU were the one passing judgement on EVERYONE who disagrees with you, or do you forget your own post?...

Fair enough, your point is taken.

Because now leftwingers are claiming that "Obama saved the economy" when he wasn't the one to call for bailouts, which btw I think, and thought when Bush made that announcement that it was/is a BAD IDEA...

And maybe it was at the time. It was Obama who saw this business through when the S hit the F.

All they did with the bailouts was to give money to ceos for bankrupting their companies...

I'm just as mad as you are that quite a few people went unaccountable for their bad decisions and greed. In the end, though, the workers have a huge stake in what happens to the enterprise. A lot of people have a stake in keeping the insurance on their house. It all stinks, the way some rich people got away with it, but that's capitalism for you. If a factory goes bust, wealthy shareholders will still be able to go to the Greek Isles, while the workers will go to the food bank. I just don't know what decision should have been made. But a nuclear option for Detroit would have been quite disastrous.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Tazkven

Consumer confidence is at a 5 year high

Source

U.S. unemployment claims are at a 4.5 year low

Source

U.S. Growth is better than all major Western powers

Source

Manufacturing in the U.S is growing while China's manufacturing industry has shrunk 11 months straight.

Source

Under President Obama the U.S. has experienced "the longest stretch of employment gains in manufacturing in almost two decades".

Source

Automobile sales are the best they've been in over 4 years

Source

Thirty one straight months of private sector job gains with over 5.2 million private sector jobs since 2010

Source

The S&P 500 up 81% since Obama took office.

Source

The U.S. ranks #1 in clean energy investments

Source

Corporate profits are at an all time high

Source

Core CPI inflation is below historical averages at around 2%

Source

The Congressional Budget Office projects 9.6 million jobs will be created in the next 4 years under the current path.

Source

Ever since 1991 I have been a Union Millwright #1031 out of Louisville, KY. So, yes I am a blue collar worker. Actually I was an apprentice my Dad was a Millwright some 15 years before me, My Papaw some 40 years before that at International Harvester. I saw jobs booming before I got in and from '91 on slowly over the years jobs where growing scarce. Up until 4 years ago where all the trades seemed to be taking hard hits.

Three years ago because of the employment climate, No jobs, I lost everything and ended up at a homeless shelter desperately trying to regain my footing. Slowly I started rebuilding my life.

Two years ago, Using my Millwright background I got on Maintenance at General Electric. Since that time I have seen around 2500 people hired here. If you know anything about Appliance Park in Louisville, Ky that has not happened since the 80's. Even the Ford plant here has hired about a thousand people, The housing market is getting better too. I see a recovery here not only for me personally but also for this community.

In the list above the "Corporate profits are at an all time high" article is also describing although while corporate profits are at its highest American wages are at its lowest. That, I believe, is the doing of the 1% and the same people Romney rubs elbows with ... They would have us believe that "All hope is gone" and everyone is taking hits when obviously they are not.

Even over the past two years my Dad tells me he is getting more taxes back on his fixed retirement income, thus making his retirement better for him and Mom so they can better enjoy themselves.

Yea, Obama has done some things I do not agree with. But presidents long before I have got here have been tearing the constitution apart, If the presidents are even really in control of this (Conspiracy Alert) The last president I can remember who tried to right those wrongs got his head blown of on national television, Haven't seen one president try that again since.

So, yes ... Because I do see a recovery for me, my family and my community and because I do not want to go back to 2008 again, I will be casting my ballot for Obama.

Flame away!

How's that " Coolaid " tasting Now Fella ? ............

directorblue.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Still glad Romney lost, sorry.

If you think we wouldn't be having healthcare reform, you would be wrong ...

Romneycare, which has been running in Massachusetts for seven years, is the model for which Obamacare was created. Same rules, same penalties. A few slight differences, which I am sure Obamacare will continue to follow the working model.

In fact, we can look at his past accomplishments to understand what we would be facing today ...

1. Implemented/created Gay Marriage in MA
2. Supported and forced Gay Adoption in MA
3. Supported Abortion wholeheartedly
4. Raised taxes/fees over 300% while being Governor of MA
5. Implemented a state-level Cap and Trade system.
6. Supported Man-Made Global Warming
7. Supported the Brady Bill
8. Implemented a state level “Assault” Weapons Bill after the Federal AWB was allowed to expire
9. Supported TARP
10. Supported Amnesty for Illegal Aliens (Citizenship for those already here)
11. Supported McCain-Kennedy(Amnesty)
12. Implemented a socialized medicine in MA called RomneyCare complete with an Individual Mandate and $50 abortions
13. Nominated 27 Democrats (out of 36 nominations) for judgeship in MA, many of them extreme left-wingers

Romneycare would be the least of our troubles, we would also be dealing with a nation wide "Right to Work" law.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney both say they support a national right-to-work law.

"Gov. Romney ... would sign a national right-to-work law if it came across his desk," Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul told TheStreet in an email.
Perry, Romney Embrace a National Right-to-Work Law

Right to work states have lower worker pay and undermines the basic rights of workers, plus ...

States with "Right to Work" Laws Have:
Lower Wages and Incomes

The average worker in states with "right to work" laws makes $1,540 a year less when all other factors are removed than workers in other states.

Median household income in states with these laws is $6,437 less than in other states ($46,402 vs. $52,839).

In states with "right to work" laws, 26.7 percent of jobs are in low-wage occupations, compared with 19.5 percent of jobs in other states.

Less Job-Based Health Insurance Coverage

People in states with "right to work" laws are more likely to be uninsured (16.8 percent, compared with 13.1 percent overall; among children, it’s 10.8 percent vs. 7.5 percent).

They’re less likely to have job-based health insurance than people in other states (56.2 percent, compared with 60.1 percent).

Only 50.7 percent of employers in states with these laws offer insurance coverage to their employees, compared with 55.2 percent in other states. That difference is even more significant among small employers (with fewer than 50 workers)—only 34.4 percent of them offer workers health insurance, compared with 41.7 percent of small employers in other states.

Higher Poverty and Infant Mortality Rates

Poverty rates are higher in states with "right to work" laws (15.3 percent overall and 21.5 percent for children), compared with poverty rates of 13.1 percent overall and 18.1 percent for children in states without these laws.

The infant mortality rate is 15 percent higher in states with these laws.

Less Investment in Education

States with "right to work" laws spend $3,392 less per pupil on elementary and secondary education than other states, and students are less likely to be performing at their appropriate grade level in math and reading.

Higher Rates of Death on the Job

The rate of workplace deaths is 36 percent higher in states with these laws, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Source

Then you have the big banks donating millions to his campaign ...

Wonder why they were being so generous? Wonder what "favors" they would have had him doing? More wars for more central banks, maybe, or only God knows what? This alone should had been a big red flag. A president in the Big Bank's pocket.

Nope, no regrets. I certainly don't agree with everything Obama has done but I picked the battle I was willing to fight and stand by that decision today. If you actually believe that our rights and liberties would be any safer under Romney, you obviously have not been paying attention.

Make no mistake, we would be in even worse shape today under Romney ...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Sounds like you have had Too Many Glasses Today , but I am Sure it's not the First Time ..........

directorblue.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

At that time no but now I am indeed enjoying me some Kentucky Bourban.

If you have some miraculous points to share, then by all means share them. I doubt you will offend me, I hold no alligence to any party, personally though, in my opinion the Republicans are making fools of themselves as they have been ever sense Obama has been in office. Point in case, this ridiculous shutdown will end as soon as John Boehner calls a vote, which he refuses to do.

Honestly though, I blame both parties for the mess we are in but if Romney had won we would be in even worse shape. I laid it out in the post above in black and white, which you can't even dispute, you just claim I have been drinking and here I thought everyone had some Woodford as a nightcap =p

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join