It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Consumer confidence is at a 5 year high

Source

U.S. unemployment claims are at a 4.5 year low

Source

U.S. Growth is better than all major Western powers

Source

Manufacturing in the U.S is growing while China's manufacturing industry has shrunk 11 months straight.

Source

Under President Obama the U.S. has experienced "the longest stretch of employment gains in manufacturing in almost two decades".

Source

Automobile sales are the best they've been in over 4 years

Source

Thirty one straight months of private sector job gains with over 5.2 million private sector jobs since 2010

Source

The S&P 500 up 81% since Obama took office.

Source

The U.S. ranks #1 in clean energy investments

Source

Corporate profits are at an all time high

Source

Core CPI inflation is below historical averages at around 2%

Source

The Congressional Budget Office projects 9.6 million jobs will be created in the next 4 years under the current path.

Source

Ever since 1991 I have been a Union Millwright #1031 out of Louisville, KY. So, yes I am a blue collar worker. Actually I was an apprentice my Dad was a Millwright some 15 years before me, My Papaw some 40 years before that at International Harvester. I saw jobs booming before I got in and from '91 on slowly over the years jobs where growing scarce. Up until 4 years ago where all the trades seemed to be taking hard hits.

Three years ago because of the employment climate, No jobs, I lost everything and ended up at a homeless shelter desperately trying to regain my footing. Slowly I started rebuilding my life.

Two years ago, Using my Millwright background I got on Maintenance at General Electric. Since that time I have seen around 2500 people hired here. If you know anything about Appliance Park in Louisville, Ky that has not happened since the 80's. Even the Ford plant here has hired about a thousand people, The housing market is getting better too. I see a recovery here not only for me personally but also for this community.

In the list above the "Corporate profits are at an all time high" article is also describing although while corporate profits are at its highest American wages are at its lowest. That, I believe, is the doing of the 1% and the same people Romney rubs elbows with ... They would have us believe that "All hope is gone" and everyone is taking hits when obviously they are not.

Even over the past two years my Dad tells me he is getting more taxes back on his fixed retirement income, thus making his retirement better for him and Mom so they can better enjoy themselves.

Yea, Obama has done some things I do not agree with. But presidents long before I have got here have been tearing the constitution apart, If the presidents are even really in control of this (Conspiracy Alert) The last president I can remember who tried to right those wrongs got his head blown of on national television, Haven't seen one president try that again since.

So, yes ... Because I do see a recovery for me, my family and my community and because I do not want to go back to 2008 again, I will be casting my ballot for Obama.

Flame away!

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
You, my friend, have refused to drink the kool-aid and I applaud you. This election year is no different than all the others in history. It's always the better of two evils and even though neither are perfect, Bama is the best choice.

I personally will not be voting, cause I think the attitudes of Americans merit that they be reminded how bad it is under the Republican doctrine.

However, I am happy to see someone think for himself and provide real substance behind his choice.

Bravo!

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Flame away!

Ah, yes...

Another "I'm gonna share my own political views because I can" thread...

Validations come in many forms, huh..?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I just want to be honest and get an honest answer and I mean no offense, I hope this is okay to ask:

Is one of the reasons you vote for him because he is black? If so, that is okay, because I can guarantee you, if the roles were reversed and we lived in a world where every US president had been black, but finally there was a white contender, I would vote for him just based on that fact.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The Breitbart truth team will be in here shortly

Good thread, I'm glad people have not fallen for the lies of Mitt Romney.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

As a US citizen and soldier it is my duty to protect the constitution, and as such I will not endorse any president that considers the constitution imperfect and flawed... How dare he put his hand upon the bible and swear to defend the constitution, then systematically destroy it while he is in office...

www.youtube.com...

Got rid of posse commitatus, habeus courpus, and is a pro advocate of the destruction of our 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment rights afforded to us by the constitution....

Anyone who votes blindly for a man who stresses LEAN FORWARD, or CHANGE who also preaches that he is creating jobs and that unemployment is at its lowest since 2008... well its easy to claim that and show that because the people who are still on the books are actively receiving benefits, while those who have fallen off the benefit train, or who still cannot find work, and those who work part time jobs and then end up unemployed are not counted in that figure.... so its easy to claim 8 or 9% unemployment when thats all you are actively paying, where as the real figure is closer to 30% unemployment and the 20% who arent getting benefits arent even mentioned.

Then theres the failed EPA and green energy programs he is throwing money at that is just dissapearing... such a waste of taxpayer money.

An not to mention the trillion dollar debt that has been added to our national debt since he has taken office.....

Yea in the last four years Obama has brought CHANGE... hes destroyed out constitution, bill of rights, economy, and systematically our country... Romney is no better as he is bought an paid for and the perfect lobbyist politican and will say anything and vote any which way in favor to who ever is actively putting money into his pocket at the time..... Ron Paul 2012
edit on 2-11-2012 by perpetrator76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Tazkven

Flame away!

Ah, yes...

Ah, yes...

Another useless post criticizing someone who has actually put some thought in to their vote...

Cheers OP
- Are we better off than we were 4 years ago? Absolutely

Providing proof of that is going to upset a lot of narrow minded individuals, but they really don't matter

edit on 2-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

That's great, and I encourage you to vote! You have a healthy attitude about it, that's good. But this is ATS....

So the one thing I should bring to your attention is your efforts are plainly symbolic. And there's nothing wrong with that. Like your symbolizing to yourself and others that you're a patriotic american! Which is good.

But again this is ATS.... so my thought is your vote and anyone elses doesn't actually get counted. The voting machines decide who wins. I hate to say it but it's already been decided one way or another. And the voting machines will ensure that TPTB decision is upheld.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Tazkven

Flame away!

Ah, yes...

Ah, yes...

Another "I'm gonna post against you and not even touch the topic for stars" post...

We both knew it was going to happen, right..?

Ok ...Now that that is out of the way.

Actually I have posted against Romney and have been accused of being a "disguised Obama supporter", so I just wanted to make it official and figured the least I could do is explain why ... So here it is.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

No my friend I am color blind and judge people by how they present themselves, an ahole is an ahole regardless of color ...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato

Is one of the reasons you vote for him because he is black?

How is it that someone can list a dozen good reasons for his vote...and yet you still think the candidate's half-blackness has something to do with it?

That is some serious stupidity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Lets ignore the conflicts, the restrictions of American freedoms, scandals such as Fast & Furious & Benghazi because supposedly unemployment is down and consumerism is up....

Good news is whether its Obama or Romney the same garbage is just gonna keep on truckin.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well good for you that you have found a clear reason to support one of the two main stream candidates. And that is not being facetious. I actually mean that.

I am still going to support Gary Johnson. Not because I think he is going to win but because the Libertarians need to get 5% of the popular vote for campaign funding reasons and because I still believe their (our) philosophy and platform is how our founding fathers intended this country to be governed.

I am not a supporter of Romney or Obama but I will say this...and I am sure I will be flamed as well.

I work in construction engineering and when the economy tanked in 08, construction slammed to a standstill everywhere. Finally...it appears to be coming back around. For the last few weeks, I have been overwhelmed with offers to bid on new work. The companies actually have contracts and purchase orders and are looking to move things to the next phase. I accepted a contract last week that is about 6 months worth of work for me and my 3 associates. I am pretty stoked about that.

So, for whatever reason, things are indeed looking better. But as I said, I am still voting Libertarian to try and help them get the 5% popular vote. We may not be a player in this election, but I want to do all I can to make sure they are from here on out.
edit on 11/2/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Sections 1021 & 1022 of the NDAA 2012 bill that legalize black bag kidnapping of any American citizens on American soil for any reason.

Signed and approved by Ohbumbum On December 31, 2011

Nazi?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Socrato

Is one of the reasons you vote for him because he is black?

How is it that someone can list a dozen good reasons for his vote...and yet you still think the candidate's half-blackness has something to do with it?

That is some serious stupidity

I respect his reasons, and he did a good job presenting them. I just wanted to ask if that was one of the reasons that he didn't want to say. I meant no offense really I was just curious. OP is very smart, straight forward and deserving of respect.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

How do these issues effect YOUR life though ?

If wrong has or has not been been done then justice will or will not be served whether we like it or not ..

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I am seriously interested in third party political organisations but haven't really known what if any good they can do in office. The whole damn government is one of two parties, that's why its mainstream ... My fear is I would really like the guy, in the snowballs chance of hell he was elected then everyone would be against him. Seems that's how it works, anyways.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Obama isn't the wonderful guy you paint him to be. The fact is he has fulfilled almost none of the promises he made during his first campaign. He says one thing and then does the exact opposite, time after time again, as if no one is watching what he does. He abuses his executive order privilege, undermines the constitution by signing totalitarian crap into existence, he has even ignored decisions made by the supreme court, it goes on and on and on.

All of these so called economic recovery statistics you report are simply false illusions maintained by the massive "stimulus" packages used to bailout Wallstreet and the banks with tax payer money. It's only a temporary fix, they can only prop the bubble up so long before it comes collapsing down again. As they say... the last bubble will be the money bubble. When people realize what is really going on the illusion will collapse.

But in the end Obama is still probably a better choice than Romney. But the fact is the day you go to vote, there will be several other names along side the names of Obama and Romney. The real trick is to create the illusion that you only have two legitimate options... it works so well that people simply vote for one of the two establishment party candidates because to do otherwise would be equal to throwing away a vote. If only they could see the irony.
edit on 2/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

How do they affect my life? Like for reals? Being a veteran and American the re authorization of the Patriot Act & Indefinite Detention of US citizens affects me. Running guns to Mexican Cartels affects me (do you know how violent and crazy they are). Continuing conflicts in the Middle East affects me. Targeting & killing Americans on foreign soil without due process affects me. ignoring & letting Washington DC get away with another 9/11 affects me.

And this not only affects me but every single American world wide, or maybe I drink too much koolaid? I don't even like koolaid.

But go ahead and vote for the lesser of 2 evils again but do not expect change or prosperity for your fellow Americans. Politicians are con me and you've been conned.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Good for you! Taking part in a system that, while flawed, is still the best that mankind has yet to offer the world!

In 4-5 days, the election will be done, so I'm tapering off the rhetoric and pundantry. Minds really won't be changed this close to an election so why waste the time trying?

So I may visit, be my usual silly self, provide commentary in the hopes that it adds to a threads value, drink heavily, . . . . . . . . and dance!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join