It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Romney's religion matter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I came across this video of Romney explaining some of his beliefs and to me they just seem a little out there, even as far as religions go.
I mean people talk about how crazy the leaders of Iran sound, but what Romney s asking about, isn't much different in my opinion. Yet it seems this man will potentially be the leader of the free world.

Just surprised no one has really made enough of Romney's bizarre beliefs, considering we have had threads abou Obama being a Muslim.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Some religions out there I don't know how anyone can believe half the stuff they preach. I guess you have to be raised within a religion for them to make sense.

Anybody can be a religious extremist. Pick a religion at random and you can find enough evidence to commit some terrible acts against at least a few different targets.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
does it matter?
Of course it matters.

Free magic underpants for all!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

sign me up!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
No aspect of a politician's personal life should matter - as long as they're not breaking any laws and it doesn't interfere with their decision making in office

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
does it matter?
Of course it matters.

Free magic underpants for all!

Yeah I had to do a google image search for those the other day. Just to make sure they existed. Pretty snappy.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I would love to see a "Jediist" President

"The force will allow me to rig the elections"

Beeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww Veeeeewwwwwwwww Huuuuuuuummmmmmmmm
edit on 2-11-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

LOL, that made me curious... Temple Garments huh? I feel like they could jazz them up a bit.

this made me chuckle

The evolution of Magic under-roos

www.lds-mormon.com...
edit on 2-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

The religious issues don't matter one way or the other to me. I'm concerned about how he claims that he can cut taxes, increase the size of the military and lower the deficit. Compared to that, I'd say his religious beliefs are pretty mild.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

the truth is that writ-in somewhere in the declaration of independence somewhere is the freedom of religion . i my self am not all that smart and i know this yet everywhere i look there are people who are making a big deal about religious beliefs . and i want to know why it is such a big deal what religion future presidents believe in ? please help me understand why .

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki1LouAmardd2Revan3

I guess it's his religious beliefs over Israel that are concerning. He seems to have the same 2nd coming prophecies as some of the mad mullahs in the middle east. If we don't want the crazy mullahs in the middle east with their finger on the button, not sure I'm happy with Romney being in charge of the worlds largest amount of nukes and his partisan approach towards Israel.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Why has romney never been challenged about the mormon church's deeply racist beliefs? According to the book of mormon blacks are a cursed and sub human species...

". . . wherefore, as they were white and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them (2 Nephi 5:21)."

". . . there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people . . . (Moses 7:8)."

"And . . . they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them (Moses 7:22)."

". . . from Ham, sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land (Abraham 1:24)."
You get the idea... Why is this crap still in modern print if they no longer believe it to be true?

This will give you a laugh...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

thank you dude for helping me understand it a little better . but the question remains why is a persons religious beliefs so important in the world . can't we just get along with everyone and let them believe in what they want to believe . i just don't know why we can't just be that way man .

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

In my opinion , the beliefs are important if they effect the decision making process, justifying actions on what can best be described as unproven or extremely debatable beliefs.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

okay so from what your saying is if someones religious beliefs causes there actions to be harmful , and have very negative events to a cur in the world such as a massive war to brake out among the power house countries to fight each other and cause the world to end ?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

but the question remains why is a persons religious beliefs so important in the world

First of all, WELCOME TO ATS!

Second of all, because presumably a person with strong religious beliefs WILL tend to make decisions based on his faith, which presumably directs his "inner compass." And someone who believes in magic underwear and the planet Kolob and that he himself can become a god is just plain SCARY. Add to that he shipped jobs overseas, taking them FROM Americans, and giving them to Chinese sweat-factory victims of exploitation...all in the name of

MONEY!!!!!

The man appears to be soulless, and delusional, wishy-washy, out of touch with regular Americans, and in every ethical way unfit to "lead" the 300 million people in this country to community peace and prosperity.

It has been brought up, but it's not received all the attention that it should. In my opinion, Mormon beliefs are SCARY, and really out there. I realize there are different "branches" of it, but all the same, their Book is a proven hoax, yet they carry on with their dogma.

There are extremists in ANY hard-core faith group (as I've said before), and I think anyone who has been a Bishop (or the equivalent) of a church , ANY church (but especially a fringe weirdo Abrahamic faith church), and is also FILTHY RICH should be disqualified. A persons' wealth should not determine his fitness for POTUS, nor should they have ANY subscribed "faith". It should be as taboo as his age. If not more so.

Having said that, if the Dalai Lama were on the ballot, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat!!!

We would be fools to think Romney would just toss aside his Mormon belief system if he's elected. Impossible. Equally impossible for him to ever be empathetic with those suffering at the hands of the 1% (himself).

F/S - the answer to your OP question is a resounding YES!!
edit on 2-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

EDIT TO ADD: I clicked to watch the video AFTER writing and posting, and couldn't stand to watch past 1:20. What a horse's ass...he's rude, interrupting, and wack. Please, everyone, watch this. He's nuts.

edit on 2-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

He ALSO sounds like he WANTS a war in Jerusalem so that Jesus can reappear there, AND THEN IN MISSOURI.

Warmonger. As a Bishop, who then becomes POTUS, would he push for that war? Um, yeah, I think he would.

Plus, he really is infuriatingly RUDE.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Wildtimes,

I don't always agree with your viewpoints,

But to this post,

I must applaud you,

I am sickened by this election,

and I am strongly debating with myself if I should even vote....

if I do end up voting, I'm going to go to the booth with my tail between my legs, and head held low,

For this is a shameful, shameful, pitiful excuse for an "election"......

I've actually thought of not voting for anyone and just writing in "Ron Paul - Jesus Christ"

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

He ALSO sounds like he WANTS a war in Jerusalem so that Jesus can reappear there, AND THEN IN MISSOURI.

Warmonger. As a Bishop, who then becomes POTUS, would he push for that war? Um, yeah, I think he would.

Plus, he really is infuriatingly RUDE.

In a way this is what I wanted the thread to highlight. With so many on ats asking about Iranian 12ers, what we have here with Romney s not much different, but he seems to be getting a free pass.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join