It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I didnt BELIEVE in ZOMBIES til i met SANDY

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
Expecting them to actually do something...is IDIOTIC!

Uh... no it's not.....

The government, any government has certain responsibilities with regards to it's citizens. In a situation like this, they are morally and legally responsible to render any and all assistance, and to ensure that life is protected.

Just as people are expecting the government to do their jobs and rightfully so, we also expect that places like CL&P and ConEd will do theirs, and not tender excuses, they get paid ot do that job and they should do it. End of story.

So it's not idiotic to expect the officials WE the people vote for to do these things, to actually do them when needed.

It's their job to... plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sink the Bismarck!
If you think that innocents deserve to be hurt because they have different values and live their lives differently than you (IE, they're not survivalists, or anti-government, or conspiracy theorists), then I really have nothing more to say.

You think you know everything there is to know about people you've never met because you've built them up as a fantastic monolith (oh, they're all parasites, they're all brainless zombies, they'll all flounder and die when they can't get access to their medications and their cars!), but you're wrong. I'd like you to go tell Glenda Moore to her face that her two sons - who were only aged 2 and 4, who weren't even old enough to know anything about the size of government, or the extent of human vices - deserved to die because they relied too much on the government, cared about themselves too much, and drove cars that were too fancy.

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Anyways, I'm done with this thread. Your mindset and disregard for others is just too depressing.
edit on 5/11/12 by Sink the Bismarck! because: (no reason given)

+1 for humanity, bravo good sir.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join