It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks making a concerted effort to seperate you from your ability to use hard currency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Susanne Posel visits SGTreport goes over the articles she is writing about and WOW.. bombshell after bombsell.
but the one thing she said that really touched a nerve - was about how the banks are delaying processing checks'
*Cashing Checks - even if you have an account with that bank. all in preparation for the cashless society so you will have no choice but to use plastic ... all I can say is Dont Tread on Me ... like that is going to do something to change things.... sigh~!

##snipped##.

edit on 2-11-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Nov 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Inappropriate comment removed by staff

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
In Australia I applied for two new cards for two new accounts expressly asked for no "paywave" on my cards to the actual bank manager received the cards lo and behold both cards have paywave.

Asked around and apparently you have no choice wheteher it be a debit visa card or a credit visa card....why?
Because in th eevent of a run on the banks economy disaster they can by satellite take all your money wait for it "legally".
Thanks to pay wave .

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
just get a hole punch and click in thru the pay wave chip

problem solved

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The banks don't even recognize the dollar as currency.

Well played banks, nice way to prove to the public that the dollar is of no value "of trade and tender".

The dollar has nothing to back it other than word of mouth.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu

problem solved

That makes your card invalid.
Read the terms and conditions you sign for.
That waives the bank of any accountability for stolen funds missing funds...and could leave you destitute.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by okamitengu

problem solved

That makes your card invalid.
Read the terms and conditions you sign for.
That waives the bank of any accountability for stolen funds missing funds...and could leave you destitute.

typical, i guess the old aluminium sleeve in your wallet is the only option then...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I don't have the time to watch the whole video. Can you either point out the timestamp for the portion about cashing checks, or summarize what she is saying in the vid?

I worked at banks for years, and I am intimately familiar with laws, regulations, and practices. I'd be curious to see if what she saying has any basis in reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I just have to ask. So What? It's all fiat anyway and only a small fraction of all money is actually accounted for with paper.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
In Australia I applied for two new cards for two new accounts expressly asked for no "paywave" on my cards to the actual bank manager received the cards lo and behold both cards have paywave.

Asked around and apparently you have no choice wheteher it be a debit visa card or a credit visa card....why?
Because in th eevent of a run on the banks economy disaster they can by satellite take all your money wait for it "legally".
Thanks to pay wave .

Source that please so I can read it. Doesn't sound true.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
All this leads to the same logical conclusion, get your assets out of fiat "currency" & into real "money"; precious metals. If you are still of the belief that holding your hard earned $ in a bank is safe, then you are just not up to speed with where this global financial system is going to take you. Wake up people & save yourselves because with every passing day it is becoming increasingly clear that our financial system is circling the drain, & there will be great pain & anguish before this situation even starts to look like getting better. Get going & self educate.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot

##snipped##

edit on 2-11-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

Are you TRYING to shoot yourself in the foot?

Quit derailing your own thread.

Back on topic, types of currencies, how we buy and sell things, have always been changing. Remember when people used to trade cattle for women? I do. That's how old I am.

This is just another change. Over the past 8 years I have been paid periodically by clients overseas. Through the different currencies, exchange rates, PayPal rules, financial fluctuations in the U.S. economy and Federal vs. State banking institutions, I have never had major issues collecting monies due to me.

Know the system. Anticipate any issues that may come up before they do. Never keep all your money in one place and if you make investments, keep them varied as well. Different parts of the economy fluctuate for different reasons at different times. By keeping yourself financially spread out, you'll be able to weather any of those fluctuations by not getting hit very hard. You'll be keeping yourself financially solvent.

Cash is probably going to go the way of cattle. It's becoming outdated and, no, I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's a needed matter of course because of the continuing rise in different global economies coming together. And they come together simply out of convenience at this point. People in America like to cry that their way of life is being compromised. What way of life? At what point in the history of this country have we ever been isolated from the rest of the world? Never. We're only 250 years old anyway. A baby on world stage in that regard.

People need to wake up and realize that they're living in a brave new world and their local isolationism along with whatever local and national pride they have is not enough to form a learned opinion about how the rest of the world works. Especially when it comes to finances. Of course you want to keep your local identities and ways of doing things intact, but don't let that blind you to the reality of the situation. "American" currency is on it's way out, and plastic is just another means to make and keep it all global. I can get paid by someone in Norway, have the money "translated" and in my bank in 3 days, then go out and buy gasoline in America that was dredged up in Venezuela, processed in Canada, shipped to America, then get in my car and go get some Chinese take out. . See how that works? When you look at the big picture like that, all of a sudden that 20 dollar bill in your wallet starts look rather antiquated.

Example

There's competition in this market right now for a reason. It's a needed and sought after commodity.

Just, please, don't use cash to make that purchase. It would be like.....well......shooting yourself in the foot.

edit on Fri Nov 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

in a utopian society that may be fine, but in the real world digital only money systems will be subject to mass privacy, looting and theft issues.

do you really want corporations to know your every move? i say corporations because lets face it, our elected officials work for them and not us, just ask New Yorkers what they think of goldman sacs being the only light on in town.

if bending over and handing over our freedom is part of the cost of going all digital, i'll pass.

reminds me of the mining industry of days gone by. when the workers were paid in company owned credits which could only be used at company owned venues, see where this is going?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

in a utopian society that may be fine, but in the real world digital only money systems will be subject to mass privacy, looting and theft issues.

Exactly. A cashless system is a complete and total invasion into the privacy of every living human on earth. It also makes sure you pay your taxes on every penny you get, and that the deductions you are taking are penny perfect. The list of infringements on personal privacy and liberty could be near infinite. The cost of a cashless society will be very high for the serfs of this world. And you can forget about small business. It will become near extinct.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

From a purely logical stand point, I'd think a good majority of them might think it's a good thing. Considering goldman sachs is a huge modern financial corporation with a majority of it's records stored on Electronic devices.

I'd rest a little easier knowing my whole downtown financial life is stored on those devices.

Conspiracy sake I guess it's odd, but think of the way we'd attack it if the power went out and some important information was lost. It would become a major " HAARP was used to knock out the power so Goldman Sachs could get rid of some nefarious data. "CONSPIRACY, CONSPIRACY ! OBAMA/ROMNEY COORDINATED A POWER OUTAGE TO DITCH EVIDENCE OF >insert financial faux-pas< "

It appears your tinfoil hat has failed you. I think all financial institutions should have some means in place to protect the data assets stored with in. In the case of Goldman Sachs, potential of trillions of digital dollars.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

It appears your tinfoil hat has failed you. I think all financial institutions should have some means in place to protect the data assets stored with in. In the case of Goldman Sachs, potential of trillions of digital dollars.

i don't think the issue is with protecting data, they already do just that, the issue is with going all digital and just like you have said, what happens if they are cyber attacked, disaster strikes, corruption runs rampant and all your assets disappear? sorry Bob, we had ya covered until the attack and i know you're a customer but we have no records of your assets, have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Look, Like any good banking cartel mafia they are building layers within the economy where they siphon off3-6 percent of ALL economic activity... The entire credit industry is working toward this goal from what I see. Their plan to enslave another level of the economy. They already have the FED banking system worldwide except for a few countries of which half have seen revolts in the last year.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

How do you find the paywave chip?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEaglei don't think the issue is with protecting data, they already do just that, the issue is with going all digital and just like you have said, what happens if they are cyber attacked, disaster strikes, corruption runs rampant and all your assets disappear? sorry Bob, we had ya covered until the attack and i know you're a customer but we have no records of your assets, have a nice day.

They still sell ledger books and pens you know.
Wait until they tell you there is no records then pull out the ink and paper book. This will require daily accounting on your part and 99.9 percent of the people in the world are too lazy to do the work.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I agree with you, I do not think moving to digital currency only is a good idea. I was how ever replying to your how do you think new yorkers felt about them having the only light on in town. (I assumed you were referring to the storm, that's put large numbers of people out of power.)

I do not feel any financial district should have sensitive data stored on a computer with a network connection to the internet. How ever, in the modern world this is how banking operates. They would rather the whole system be as impersonal as possible.

I would like to see banks revert in a sense. I have no problem with using technology for the complicated banking world, but I would rather see that real " Digital " Dollars are not available over the web. This would be incredibly annoying for some I suppose, but for the most part if I want to check my balance, why can't it be just that. A balance. No connection to the system other than a reprint of numbers.

Digital money is extremely vulnerable to cyber attack/theft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join