It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia diagnosed by simple eye test

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Right and I recall a very interesting section in my sociology class that touched on how IQ tests are possibly unreliable unless you fall under the bias of those who created them. Unconscious people like the one in your example I fear are the ones behind this. How many top egoistic Psychiatrists will be willing to be proven wrong?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Originally posted by Ghost375

So you're right about medications for the negative symptoms, but you couldn't be more wrong about the positive symptoms.
Medication is pretty much the only treatment to cure hallucinations, and other positive symptoms, and they are usually effective.

Hi There,

Firstly...thank you for the discussion. Personally love such discussions as they help raise all our awareness...which I reckon is a great thing. So, cheers!

I was eventually discharged as 'Treatment Resistant'...nice...the treatment didn't work, so they just discharge you like its your problem it didn't work, rather than perhaps consider the possibility that actually the treatment just sucked - for me anyway.

So why am I not *that* person any more?
I learnt to manage my positive symptoms via other methods.
I approach my experiences from a purely cultural viewpoint...I view it from the perspective of my own culture (NZ Maori) which doesn't see such experiences as the standardised Westernised view of 'unwellness'...we see it quite differently.

You sound like one of Solzhenitsyn's "Goodthinkers" now.

I knew a guy that said that someone was going to crash a plane into one of our large sky scrapers. Named a few targets WTC was one of them. There was even more detail......but lets just skip over that. The guy was crazy, hearing voices, seeing visions ect ect. Now that its happened you can be sure there are some that want to make sure hes a "nut".
edit on 5-11-2012 by Logarock because: n

<< 4  5  6   >>

join