It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s How the Zombie Apocalypse Is ‘Hypothetically’ Possible !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Could zombies exist? Should we be preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse? Find out how these ferocious, flesh-eating creatures could become a reality, through a simple scientific pathway.

Written and created by Mitchell Moffit

Yes another zombie thread .. i know
but apparently this is very serious and cant be just downplayed has lies

Yes Halloween is over but the zombie theory outbreak is not
of course you will never see the dead rising from their grave .. thats impossible
but there is certainly some virus outthere that can damage some part of the human brain
that transform you into a mindless killing machine with no emotions
reduce to a basic animal instinct to feed and feed on the flesh .. animals and / or humans

Link

The Marine’s and other law enforcement at a counter-terrorism summit last week jumped on the zombie apocalypse bandwagon as a theme for emergency preparedness. But, honestly, according to science, would a zombie apocalypse ever really be possible?

The short answer, as told by Mitchell Moffit and Gregory Brown in their latest ASAP Science YouTube video, is “hypothetically, yes.”

We’re not talking the back from the dead type of zombie, but a virus affecting the brain and causing the victim to lash out in zombie-like fashion, which at least has stronger possibilities

The slightly more than two minute video explains how neurons could be used by the virus.

“This zombie virus would have to use specific neurons that affect particular parts of the brain to induce a zombie state,” the narrator said.

The crux is that the virus can’t damage the entire brain. So, if this sounds unlikely, the narrator goes on to explain that your own nasal passages contain olfactory nerves linking to parts of the brain that if infected with the currently fictional virus could lead to “zombified effects.”

“Essentially, transmission of a virus through the olfactory nerve could create super hungry, agressive, brain dead beings that can’t recognize family and friends or control their own actions.”

See for yourself how this virus would work in the video:

Zombie Rabies Flu Virus Cover Up Story By Homeland Security Dated 2007

Zombies Outbreak Theory ; Are they Demonic Possessions ?

"Zombies" Outbreak Theory 2 : Rabies Virus Mutation ?

Compiled List of People-Eating-People Events

Dont wonder anymore why they made a very serious zombie manual at the CDC
even if for the moment they say it was made has a jk for the zombie fans out there
what kind of a reason is that from one of the most professional and serious institute
why would they even risk making panic and risk their reputation
with this zombie 101 manual

CDC ZOMBIE MANUAL Link
edit on 11/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
They're not zombies, their infected!!!

Yes, the virus (or even bacteria) hypothesis is possible, and given the state of modern well funded cell terrorism, it is a great plan for someone wanting to basically cripple a entire continent with just a small amount of loss and almost no chance of retaliation. Many zombie books touch on this actually. Seems the greatest effective bioweapon, so, arguably it may indeed happen one day.

Unlike the flu or something, when a infected person is sick, they don't go home and nurse chicken soup..they go intentionally finding others to infect...would be similar to if you had a flu, purposefully going out and coughing on as many people as possible, who in turn get the flu and cough on as many as possible also...bad stuff...and flipping scary when you realize how not science fiction the concept is. Militarily speaking, a low budget ruthless organization would prioritize that moreso than a nuke or dirty bomb. a small genetics lab and a few people with know how is all thats required to take down nations...

So, when I hear the toungue in cheek zombie apoc survival training done by the military and such, I often wonder just how toungue in cheek it truely is.

But there should be another word for this than just zombie (given people immediately disclude zombies as being real because of the traditional understanding of what a zombie is). Genetic weapons will be in the near future what nuclear warfare was thought of in the 60s

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
hasn't it been said that the american people would beg for a new world order? at this rate, i don't see many americans, no matter how brain dead they may be, begging for intervention from the U.N. Its gonna take a disaster of massive proportions, and i think a zombie apocalypse is just that type of situation where people would be ok with blue-helmets being on our soil. just saying.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I work for the Government. Every day we have a meeting about what we are going to do that day. ( I'm being very vague here ). We have teleprompters that gives us internal information about what's happening in other sectors within the agency and other agencies we work with.

About 2 months ago, I started seeing on the teleprompters warnings about "how to prepare for a zombie attack." A month ago it changed to" what to do to not become a zombie."

At first, I thought it was a joke. So I started asking questions to people on my level, and they told me "we were going to ask you, since you're always reading about everything." I decided to ask some higher ups friends of mine and what they told me was: "We are not sure but, with people doing these new drugs and people going crazy all around the county, anything is possible."

I have some friends that work for the DOD, FBI and DEA and they told me they've seen the same, but didn't know why. We all know the Government always tells you about 10% of the whole truth.

I'm still trying to find a straight answer because, if we are going to have zombies, due to a biological attack or something, I want to be prepared and tell as many people as possible.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sniff,sniff,you guys smell that? I stinks of set up.My spidy sense tells me if we do have a problem it'll be from within.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

exactly. follow the money. who would it benefit to have the entire country shut down due to an apocalyptic type plague? and for all those who say that the military wouldn't fire on american citizens in a martial law scenario? if they're comin at em with thier chompers exposed and gnashing, i bet they don't hesitate to pop off a few rounds.....

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

thanks for sharing that up with us

you guys have only 10% of the real truth

we have 90%

all coming from Hollywood

anyone saw this movie yet ?

spoiler alert -->
a soldier die in Irak or Afghanistan with a headshot wound
comes back to the US in a body bag then because of maybe the radiations ?
or something chimical used in Irak .. he comes back to life in the cemetary
but cant eat normal food he needs blood like a vampire to feed
goes out on a rampage with his friend killing bad people around the city to feed
but later all his life crumble and he start infecting a lot of people but just cant be killed
even with a shot in the head .. then the end of the movie
the government takes thousand of those infected and launch them up on Iran by plane

movies ends there

made a mega facepalm at that particular part lol
hope hollywood is just very imaginative or else ..

the TV series Walking Dead and The Revolution where the electricity goes out
something is clearly going on behind closed door
of course they cant release their plan about this big zombie scenario
but if we connect all the dots together .. we see a paterns
or they wouldnt tell the government folks to prepare like that
giving you only 10% of the info .. the rest i believe you have to find the truth by yourself
even if you find the truth .. it is to incredible to tell everyone
because everyone will think you are crazy

edit on 11/2/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I will always SnF and support the zombie (PC "Breathing-Challenged) agenda.

Brilliant analysis and something we should all be aware of.

If you're prepared for a zombie apocalypse, you're prepared for anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The zombie apocalypse won't be ficticious monsters, it would be the general populace when the system totally fails. No electricity, no running water, no food at stores, no food anywhere to be found for the average person, and the most scary part, folks who are on meds and now cannot access them. Psychotic breakdowns. Cannibalism, Theft, destruction, break down of society and it's morals. Anarchy.

People just trying to survive, it will be dog eat dog. The govt could stand down while the people chew each other apart. Then it would set the stage for that whole take over thing we hear about; Agenda 21.

Let's just hope it's all fantasy and it never becomes a reality. You wont have to worry about a supernatural-esque creature, you'd have to worry about your fellow man turning on you, in order to survive.

I suppose if you tell yourself in your head they are zombies it makes it easier to justify killing them in order for you to survive, eh?

Civil Disobedience will not be TOLERATED

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Ben81

I will always SnF and support the zombie (PC "Breathing-Challenged) agenda.

Brilliant analysis and something we should all be aware of.

If you're prepared for a zombie apocalypse, you're prepared for anything.

Im prepare for an invasion of bunnies does that mean im prepare for anything ?
ahah sorry it was to easy

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

No-one ever expects the bunnies.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I wouldnt put to much faith in what this guy is saying. At 22 seconds into the video the draws something and labels it a virus but its actually a Bacteriophage. He clearly doesn't know anything about viruses.

As for retrograde viruses there are millions of them and for the most part they do not kill the host. The only exception is HIV and that's kind of debatable.

Why is America so obsessed with zombies? I can understand a passing phase of interest but its starting to get a bit weird now , almost like the weird kid at school who wont stop poking the road kill with a stick.

edit on 2-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I also notice the news article about the Dept. of Homeland Security holding the training exercize.
The first question that came to mind was -- just what do they know and how soon are they expecting to put their training to practice ? Is there already a time-line developing ?
I know it is "just a TV show" but I know we all remember what the guy at the CDC wispered to Rick in the final episode of "the Walking Dead" first season. "We are all infected!"

As a retorical question , how could "we all be infected"?
Just what is in all those "chem-trails" we have seen and what will be their effects ?
Are these "chem-trails" showing up in other places than the U S or are they only intended for the "first world" countries, leaving those of the "third world" as cheap labor to be more easily exployted ??

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
A zombie apocalypse won't ever happen End off. Make's good tv.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by donniered

O K.
I am all for some good entertainment but sometimes a wide guess hits close to the truth.

A lot of us watched the episode of "Smoking Gun" just months before 9/11. Just coincidence of a wild quess made by a TV writer. But I don't recall any training activities being done before hand.
Not saying anything "will" ever come of this but it may be best to keep our eyes open and focusd on possibilities.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Why is America so obsessed with zombies? I can understand a passing phase of interest but its starting to get a bit weird now , almost like the weird kid at school who wont stop poking the road kill with a stick.

edit on 2-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: Pull my finger dawg

Or the even weirder one next to him that carefully cuts the roadkill's face off and wears it as a mask all the way to school ultimately having to be told by his teacher to remove his mask before proceeding with class.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by donniered

Someone really lost his face to a growling guy that was apparently a good guy before
hard to forget .. was all over the news for a week

top topics

join