It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You hear the Audio Tones coming from your Television? Programming in Progress?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
reply to post by timetothink

old tube tv's, or CRT monitors give off this high pitched noise that does give me minor headaches, but it is in no way a mind control device. That's just the noise the tubes make when they're charged with thousands of volts.

Mostly, it's magnetostriction noise from the yoke. In some very weird cases, it can be piezoelectric noise from ceramic caps.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Taken from the aformentioned comcast thread:

Re: Audio problem - weird digital/computer type sound in background Options 03-24-2012 09:58 PM My friends experienced this, so I decided to look into it. A few of us noticed that it went away when we switched from listening in stereo to listening in 5.1 surround. Which makes us think that it is an encoding/decoding problem. Is anyone experiencing this when listening to both typical stereo sound coming from their TV as well as 5.1 in HD?

The rest of the thread concludes with switching to surround as solving the problem. This does sounds like an encoding problem, and if it was supposed to be some subliminal messaging why only stereo, not surround?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

I'm not too sure, but are you talking about the alternating tones and such right before the screen shows the sparkling diamond thing?

That's it? That's a triangle being rung in the music track, at least that's what it sounds like to me.

No particular urges to do the Imhotep two-step after hearing it.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

What i heard sounded more like 8 bit digital tones, i did hear the triangle, though, when they actually revealed the diamond.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

What i heard sounded more like 8 bit digital tones, i did hear the triangle, though, when they actually revealed the diamond.

Listened to it several times, and all I hear is a sort of glockenspiel instrument playing a few lines to go with the sparkly diamond thing, with maybe some piccolo chimes or a triangle.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Your thoughts on this. Can you hear the audio tones too

I find the notion of using these devices (tv,radio,computer etc.) all with the power to deliver messages as you suggest to be quite possible.

However, for that particular clip, I could not distinguish anything above the 'din of my rice krispies'.

Maybe you could record something off your TV and we could compare it to a clip of the same material gotten from elsewhere.

Oh, and speakers can be inductive - ie pick up signals wihout the device even being powered on. You may have something generating noise nearby being picked up by your audio system/parts.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Subliminal programming runs deep in the media.

I remember that crazy hurricane season, when family from my moms side came to visit us in Texas from Louisiana.

We were all around the tele, and between broadcasts on one of the major networks, they would flash a graphic of the US engulfed in flames around all it's boarders.

I process visually very, very fast. Nobody else noticed these clips, but I KNOW what I was seeing. The image was imprinted in my mind for seconds after crystal clear.

I also notice subliminals between commercials, and shows. They flash an image, and tone real quick. People try to tell me this is just a screw up as if the system is still analog. Yea, not buying that nonsense.

Just chunk the tube. Go to lowes or home depot, buy a sledgehammer or axe, and go at it. Post it on youtube, and try to make it go viral. Tell why you are doing it, and that you've had enough.

You're welcome.

reply to post by explorer14

It's just as was said. Six tones in the middle of the clip. Plays twice. The first time is louder than the next. It does sound modulated, and is definitely identical. It could just be crappy layer added into this particular clip to add a bit of a spooky effect, but if the same exact sequence is played in several other shows, I'd get suspicious. I've heard much, much worse over the years.

Ah, listen more carefully. There's even a fainter layer to it. It's going on through both of the sequences in the forefront layer, even between them both. This is subconscious programming. I'm pretty sure of it.

Chunk it.

edit on 2-11-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure but I think I hear it. In your video, is it at about 12 seconds and again at about 17 seconds? tks !
And this is a very old movie, so no WAY an electronic sounding pulse was part of its original film sounds.
Also when you hear it at various other places , channels, shows, is it this same sound sequence? If so then I
will keep an ear out for it. UGH! It's creepy .
edit on 2-11-2012 by schmae because: to ask OP a question

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Okay, the only two somewhat reasonable answers I've seen after pouring through that forum posted in the OP are:

1. Audio Compression Artifacts.

No, simply no damned way. I've been listening to DIVX/MP3 video/audio for 15+ years, and have never heard them repeat like this. It's structured, and serves a purpose. Not to fool your ears, and create a more complete sound with less data. It serves to transfer real information.

2. It's an audio watermark (DRM)

Maybe. If so, it's super crappy. Why would this cross several networks, and service providers at the same time
Why would they be hearing the SAME damned tones. If it was a watermark, it would provide UNIQUE sounds for each program. I'm going to say this is possible, but doesn't seem to be the case.

That's basically all I've read. People are talking about aliens, and others who can't hear it are calling those who can paranoid. A few are saying it's subliminal. I'm leaning towards that, seeing as I've witnessed subliminal information in the past on networks. Could it be an audio watermark? Yes. I'd love if someone could shed light to this topic.

Oh forgot to mention that one guy thought it was to keep us in a constant "fight or flight" response to stay alert and watch the commercials
I actually think that's a possibility as well. I can see a marketing team doing a study, and the networks adapting the model to raise prices on commercials which offer the tones during a program that would have them.
edit on 2-11-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Monie, is it at the 12 and 17 second mark? I'm not sure if I heard what I'm supposed to. If that is subliminal how could we hear it at all? I figured I would have to turn it way up and strain very hard to hear it but it's not that hard to hear. tks

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Yes, that's it. Apparently it's much quieter in most other shows, but every once in a while is a bit obvious.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by explorer14

Thanks for sharing this because this is a clear example how many cannot even hear the tones. In that video it is so very clear that I would not be able to make it more audible than it is I think. Its a great example to anyone on this thread who does not hear the tones as to why some spouses think the other spouse is going nuts complaining about noises that are not there LOL. Fortunately my whole family hears them.

Remember, its on every tv provider not just cable or sat.
Its on ever kind of tv.
Its on every channel at random times and it starts low and builds and then disappears...

Thanks for your response

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Yes it is like the exact same tones..... reminds me of close encounters of a third kind but not the same. It really reminds me of hand held coleco football game I used to borrow from my buddy when I was a tween in the early 80's.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I can't hear them...my daughter frequently complains about certain tv's making a noise that gives her a headache, but I can not hear that either.

Very interesting, though I am going to ask others if they noticed it.

I hear it too, I think it is because of the persons age. When you are younger you can hear certain high pitch sounds, when older you lose the ablity.

journal.plasticmind.com...

I don't think this is what the OP is about though. It seems to be talking about highly audible sounds.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Solving the content identification problem for digital TV

The Nielsen audio watermark algorithm modifies select frequencies in short blocks of audio to represent the code. The code frequencies lie in the range between 4.5kHz and 6kHz and are determined by a pseudo random sequence. Codes are rendered virtually inaudible by taking advantage of the psychoacoustic masking effect of neighboring frequencies. The watermark is robust enough to survive the challenges of broadcast audio compression and other artifacts encountered such as gain changes and format conversions. Spanning 2s, the message includes 50 bits of data: a 16-bit source identifier, a 32-bit timestamp and 2-bit level identifier. The source identifier and the timestamp guarantee a framework for unique content identification as well as identifying the time of broadcast. The payload also includes start-of-message and error correction bits. The watermark is inserted by a watermarking encoder that is installed at all major broadcast/cable networks, syndicators, and local stations. The watermarks are multiplexed appropriately to identify the owner and distributor. Figure 2 shows the flow of the signal through the broadcast chain.

This maybe?

spie.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
For those still watching television, there are T shirts available that say "Dumber Than Dirt".

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Hi Minkmouse, The exact thing you described happens me regularly! In some weak dreamstate, I can see / understand something in blinding clarity, and then when I wake - i vaguely recall the subject matter, but without the 'high definition'. Very strange indeed. Glad to see this happens others too.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is mind control information that runs underneath the programming. It is not part of the programming per se, not related to show, but something that runs continuously regardless of what you are watching. If you want a sense of the experience, listen to some thug music being played from a van at loud volume, stand 100 feet away or so, there is nearly the same pattern of droning vibration in most thug music. And before you say, "that can't be" remember copying another is the name of the game, one artist put it in there, was successful and the rest just have to do the same. Listen to that thug tone and notice how you feel. As for the TV, that tone is affecting you even when the TV is off! One should never have a tv in the bedroom as you subject yourself to that while you sleep = slow spiritual death.

As for hearing it. The problem here is it is NOT meant to be heard, so no two people are going to really hear the same thing. It is something designed to influence the person watching and not to be a part of the experience. Think symphony. Three of us go and listen to Bach, after the concert, each on says they heard something different, a fight ensues as we are all "supposed" to hear the same thing, but alas, in real life we hear different things depending on a myriad of things, including awareness, hearing(age), listening skill, food eaten and so on. So there is no much chance people will hear "it" the same, so it would be best to drop the "I hear nothing so there is nothing to hear" notion as this is just ignorance at its best to think that way.

Test it for yourself. Get yourself in a really great mood, fanstastic mood. Really get into it. Then go and sit in front of the TV with the intention of tracking how you feel. The first time, sit and flip for 10 minutes, stopping nowhere for more then a few seconds. Then turn everything off and see how you feel. Next time, sit down in front a program (it is called programming btw) and watch for 20 minutes, then get up and see how you feel. If you have a TV in your bedroom unplug it, unplug the cable/sat and place a piece of foil over the end of the cable - do this for a couple of days and see how you sleep.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

The Nielsen audio watermark algorithm modifies select frequencies in short blocks of audio to represent the code. The code frequencies lie in the range between 4.5kHz and 6kHz

turned on my 'media player' [AIMP3] wich has a an 18 band equalizer.
the frequencies 4.5 to 6kHz are on the 14/15th bands.
it's pretty high pitched but an easy to hear range.

p.s. AIMP3 media player- free / great sound!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Astute Observation~

Tones are one of many transmissions operating within the television set, which is only one of many electronic devices utilizing said methods!

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join