Romney to be Charged with Violating Federal Ethics in Government Law - Greg Palast/UAW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Maybe everyone should take the time to see that the UAW filed a complaint....big deal...I could do that.

No charges, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law......or not if you are Obamas opposition?

I repeat...it was just a complaint by the UAW who endorses Obama......the dots are pretty easy to connect.

The validity of the filing of the complaint is aminor issue. The big iissue is the content of the charges which appear to be pretty damaging to Romney if indeed she benefited the Romney's again, by helping to send job overseas.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by CyberTruth

Anyone can accuse anyone of anything in this country. And take anyone to court. All you need is lawyer who doesn't care as long as he gets paid. So a union who supports obama and the secretary of the treasury who is appointed by Obama are going after Romney. The timing is impeccable or predictable. Sounds like Obama is getting desperate.

Really? That's your first thought?
No, sadly I suspect that the OP is probably true. There are reasons he doesn't want to release his tax returns.
And Greg Palast is a journalist (in the true sense of the word, not what passes as such in the MSM) with integrity. If he is reporting on it you can believe he has done his homework.

edit on 1-11-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

"Greg Palast is a journalist (in the true sense of the word, not what passes as such in the MSM) with integrity."
I did a search for any articals written by G.P concerning the #ing the share and bond holders got when BO bailed out GM and gave all the benifits to the unions and not to the first holder of debt as should be in any reorganization of an industry. Sure show how un-biased the reporter is in the true sense of journalism.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well it is the UAW.....not buying it...sorry.

???

There's nothing to "buy". It just says the UAW filed a lawsuit..which they did. That's factual information.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

???

There's nothing to "buy". It just says the UAW filed a lawsuit..which they did. That's factual information.

Care to provide a link on the "Lawsuit" which contains a Docket# and the court where it was filed? You cannot!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

"Greg Palast is a journalist (in the true sense of the word, not what passes as such in the MSM) with integrity."
I did a search for any articals written by G.P concerning the #ing the share and bond holders got when BO bailed out GM and gave all the benifits to the unions and not to the first holder of debt as should be in any reorganization of an industry. Sure show how un-biased the reporter is in the true sense of journalism.

???

You're missing the point. The bondholders and shareholders would have gotten hosed anyways. GM was insolvent and, like most things in this country, the peasant-folk come in dead last. GM had their own debt to banking institutions as well. THOSE loans are the loans that are the FIRST holder of debt.

Do you honestly think the Banksters would have left anything for the peasants to claim to offset THEIR losses first? Please don't tell me you honestly believe that??

Note: I'm not saying that that's the RIGHT thing to do...but that's exactly how it would have all went down, I PROMISE you.

Personally, I'm for bailing out all the peasants over the banks and corporations all the time. If the unions were bailed out...I think that checks should have been cut DIRECTLY to the INDIVIDUAL investors and bond holders to offset their losses too. Thus...let's say GM was part of your 401K portfolio in a mutual fund...the check wouldn't go to Janus (or whomever) to "trickle down" to the investors. You just get a check in the mail which you can then in turn re-invest wherever you like...otherwise Janus just gets rewarded for making really crappy investments for you.

Now...you could say the same about GM's 30yr inability to produce a decent vehicle that got over 15mpg...but whether we like it or not we CANNOT allow even MORE manufacturing to go under in this country. If we ever got in a war with country who could actually defend themselves we would GM, Ford, and Chrysler factories here on US soil to churn out ALL KINDS of vehicles and engines. Oshkosh Truck simply couldn't fill the demand.

However...how it "ought to be" isn't how what was going to happen if the government did nothing at all. Had the govt done nothing, GM would have just went bankrupt, the Banksters would have parted out the factory to China, and Joe Investor would have been just as screwed.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

Originally posted by milominderbinder

???

Care to provide a link on the "Lawsuit" which contains a Docket# and the court where it was filed? You cannot!

Forgive me...I stand corrected. It is an Ethics Complaint, not a lawsuit.

I was reading the Deposition of John Sheehan (CFO of Delphi) and my mind went to "lawsuit" right away since that is the most common place a deposition is used.

Good catch...my bad.

Here is the link to the deposition.

docs.google.com... c

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

You are a gentleman/gentlewoman.

You should also notice that this entire affair is being brought about and published by the left. Not to say that its facts are wrong just saying that you cannot accept it as fact without pretty deep examination. My prediction, we will not here another thing about this after Nov 6th.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I take it your part of the “to big to fail ideology” that has been the mantra of this administration?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Romney to be Charged with Violating Federal Ethics in Government Law

As the saying goes, you can indict a ham sandwich. Since all politicians are ham sandwiches, they could all be indicted. Of course, look who controls the courts, and appoints the judges. QED

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

SOOOOOOO your saying them doing this within days of the election is a coincidence ?
edit on 2-11-2012 by essanance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Apparently the tricks the Obam admin had up their sleeve did not stop between 30,000 and 35,000 people from attending Romney rally in Ohio.

Weep oh Obama fans.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

How does that quote imply someone breaking the law? It reads to me like someone outsourcing jobs to make a despicable profit - where is the actual crime?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

You are a gentleman/gentlewoman.

You should also notice that this entire affair is being brought about and published by the left. Not to say that its facts are wrong just saying that you cannot accept it as fact without pretty deep examination. My prediction, we will not here another thing about this after Nov 6th.

I'm a dude. And thanks...I do what I can.

And I totally agree. Nothing should EVER be taken at face value without deep examination.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Having paid attention to the campaign as it stands and listening to both sides, and in particular, there is one thing that has yet to be pointed out. Under federal law, Romney is only required, while running for the office of the President of the United States of America, 1 years worth of tax records. Since 1976, Jimmy Carter set the bar for 2 years. So that means if any of this happened before what is required by law, then there is no violation of ethics on the part of Romney at all.

Now if it happed within the prescribed part, then yes there would be a violation. And as the bailouts for the automotive industry happened beyond the prescribed time, then they do not have a leg to stand on.
As was pointed out by some of the posters the Unions normally support and back democratic candidates, and that they would even try this so close to an election is tantamount to trying to political blackmail, if it goes through. The time is short and ultimately should Romney get into office, then their case would ultimately fizzle, as he would have presidential powers that would allow for him not to be forced into such a position as to testify or even attend any court case, and it would be a matter for the congress to decide if this was an impeachable offense or not. Which ultimately would leave them in a bind, if the decided such was and were to remove Romney, cause then the next person in line would be the Vice President.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Some of you need to look closer into the work of Greg Palast, he is an internationally acclaimed investigative reporter that often breaks news of this caliber.

You guys are looking at this from a left vs right scenario when in reality Mitt Romney EXTORTED the government into forcing their hand at a bailout to the auto industry by more or less buying a crucial arm of the industry and holding it hostage.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

Anyone can accuse anyone of anything is this country.

Only when there is something to gain from it, mainly equity. Do you know what that is? A free man/sovereign would never seek to harm or defraud another for "The Golden Rule" is always in full effect.

And take anyone to court.

Only "Citizens," not "People." Citizens have little to no "rights," only "privileges" granted to them by the government. Which one are you? A "Court of Equity", a "Court of Law", & a "Court of Record" are NOT the same thing. Do you know what the difference(s) is/are?

All you need is a lawyer who doesn't care as long as he gets paid.

Firstly, if you go on a trip to another country where you do not speak the language or know the customs, don't you usually find a guide to assist you in getting around & understanding what all is going on around you? All courts use their own language & procedures, many of them distinct from one another. A lawyer has studied these procedures & language, & are invaluable in certain situations, IF you are a "Citizen."

Secondly, as to whether or not he or she "cares" is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand. You are paying them for their knowledge & skill. They are required to "care" about as much as the guy that brings his tow truck to get you out of a ditch after you've called roadside assistance. Do they ever ask you out to dinner or have a heart-to-heart conversation? They have a job to do just like everybody else. Anyone who somehow thinks they should "act" or "be" a certain way has watched too many movies & TV shows...... there is ALMOST NOTHING that is depicted onscreen that is even close to reality.

So a union who supports Obama and The Secretary of The Treasury, who is appointed by Obama, are going after Romney. The timing is impeccable or predictable. Sounds like Obama is getting desperate.

Ouch! Time to go back & study your U.S. Government & its procedures. Presidents can only NOMINATE cabinet members, the U.S. Senate then CONFIRMS or REJECTS the nominees based on a majority vote. As to "perfect timing"..... yes, it is suspicious, but the puppeteers have to make it look exciting, don't they? There's a saying in sales, "Sell the sizzle, not the steak." Since most things in this country are overpriced for their quality, or lack thereof, if you make it "look good" most people won't notice they're not getting a high quality item. Politics are all about appearances, so why would it be any different than the car, boat, hotel, or restaurant industry. Sales are sales, regardless of the product, & they are all administered the same. As to Obama getting "desperate," when someone runs for public office, they have a campaign manager & many, many assistants who decide when & where the candidate appears to speak, what they will say & when they will say it. The candidate ALMOST NEVER decides strategy, contrary to what most may think. The whole thing is a production, just like a movie, or a circus, or what have you. Never, ever kid yourself about that. While I just got done stating that films do not depict courts accurately, there is one film that was made back in the seventies starring Robert Redford called, "The Candidate" that I recommend to everybody who is interested in politics. Having worked on a campaign briefly, that film is VERY ACCURATE as to what goes on & what a show modern day politics have become.

If you feel that I am admonishing you here, know that it comes from a loving place. Skeptics are one thing, but cynics are another. Both require a certain degree (or lack thereof) of education & information in order to exist. Which one do you think you sound like here? Also, visit Powerpolitics & 1215.org to learn more about the 14th amendment & what it means to you.

Peace be with you.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just a bunch of politicized nonsense to try an blame one man. You will never hear any more of it. this is just mud slinging.

But if you want to know the truth about Jobs that have been taken from America it is the NATO, UN and other trade Treaties we have signed most being past by Democrats and Republicans alike.

We sign these deals to spread the wealth around the world so not just Americans can live good lives.

Sorry guys if your over 40 you and your parents backed the political wheels for this since the 70's starting with the Nixon Admin. If your under 40 you and your kids have been supporting and backed the current NATO and other trade agreements around the world and gave up your rights to have jobs.

As we spread the wealth with other nations there will also be shared poverty with America. BY 2018 we will all be equally poor and our governments will be all corrupt and 2 class developing status.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Progresive Journalism? And you all want to say Fox news isn't fair and balanced. We all have our sources don't we.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
oh, look, it's another breaking story on ATS that will turn out to be nothing and forgotten about in a week.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1

Progresive Journalism? And you all want to say Fox news isn't fair and balanced. We all have our sources don't we.

There was nothing in the OP that cited 'progressive journalism'; (what is that, anything you disagree with?) and I get my sources from all over the place from extreme right wing thru what could be called mainstream or moderate over to extreme left wing, anarchic and libertarian sources, as well as global (in several other languages).

What point exactly are you trying to make? That Fox News is 'fair and balanced' and any other source is suspect? Because the OP was simply a recitation of factual information; that a large group of people directly involved have filed a complaint and that the Treasury called the action of Romney's group 'extortion'. Sorry if that makes the guy you want to vote for look like a criminal or less than honorable. There's several million people that felt that way about him already. And for what it's worth, I voted for neither Romney nor Obama.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join