It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine more cases of meningitis reported in outbreak brings the total cases to 377

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Nine more cases of deadly fungal meningitis were reported from an outbreak tied to steroid medications shipped by a Massachusetts company, bringing the national total to 377 cases, U.S. health officials said on Thursday.

No new deaths were reported on Thursday and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Virginia had revised down the number of deaths there to two from three, reducing the national fatality total to 28. The CDC gave no reason for the revision.

In addition to the 377 cases of meningitis, the CDC said there also were nine reported cases of infections after a potentially contaminated steroid was injected into a joint such as a knee, hip, shoulder or elbow, bringing the total number of infections nationwide to 386.

The steroid was supplied by New England Compounding Center of Massachusetts, which faces multiple investigations. Health authorities have said its facility near Boston failed to make medications in sterile conditions. A fungus was found in some of the vials of steroid produced by the company and bacteria was found in other drugs from the facility.

A sister company of NECC, Ameridose, on Wednesday recalled all of its products in a move to cooperate with authorities. The recall could lead to shortages of some drugs. here is the link www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by q13ert

Scary stuff with diabetes 2 reaching plague proprtions along with a tidal surge of reported Alzehimer cases in Australia makes you wonder what is being added to all sorts of things.
And how much profit the drug companies such as Glaxo klein will make supplying the moderatley effective must take for life treatment pills.

Genocide by injection of food.milk and vitamins?
Not to mention deodorants that go directly to th elymph glands.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's not meningitis.

Buy the book "Project Day Lily".

It's a man made little creature that kills cells. The book explains how it works. Our scientists were testing it on Texas prison inmates and others around America as well as the world.

The book is a true story.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
It's not meningitis.

Buy the book "Project Day Lily".

It's a man made little creature that kills cells. The book explains how it works. Our scientists were testing it on Texas prison inmates and others around America as well as the world.

The book is a true story.

You got my interest... could you give a little info on this project, such as when these tests were done, and what 'diseases' it caused?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is a tragic event. People do not get these injections unless they have intractable pain. I have a friend with chronic back pain and she gets shots in a series of three, that help her, for a while. She could have easily been affected by this fungus. Shocking they were so sloppy in manufacturing. I'm sure people will sue, but that does not help those who have lost loved ones or those who have suffered from this mess.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ive had three of those shots in my neck so far in Charleston SC..Last one was over 2 months ago,,hope I dont ever get that disease, no one called to tell me I had the bad batch,,we'll see

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: q13ert

I'm reviving this thread, to add current, updated information on the topic:

www.latimes.com...

14 PEOPLE INDICTED IN DEADLY 2012 MENINGITIS OUTBREAK
"Fourteen people connected to a Massachusetts compounding pharmacy have been arrested on charges stemming from the 2012 meningitis outbreak that killed 64 people who received tainted drugs, officials said Wednesday.

"Barry Cadden, a co-founder of the New England Compounding Center of Framingham, Mass., and Glenn Adam Chin, a pharmacist who was in charge of the sterile room, face the most serious charges, according to the 131-count indictment released Wednesday morning. All defendants were arrested in early-morning raids at their homes, according to the U.S. attorney’s office in Boston.

"Both men are accused in the current federal racketeering indictment of causing the deaths of patients in several states by “acting in wanton and willful disregard of the likelihood” that their actions would cause death or great bodily harm. The indictment alleges that they were responsible for the second-degree murders of 25 patients in states including Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia."
edit on 17-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join