It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposites Attract [CTPWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I could hardly bear your gaze,
and yet, I could not look away
Your palm to back embrace, I swayed
until no longer we could stay apart.

How long we lived this ideal state
When love burned bright
and time could wait for us
to pay it heed,
indeed it passed us by.

When did it come to pass that we
no longer felt the other's need?
When did we cease to look within
the other's eyes and heart, and when
did we discover that the weight we came to bear
depended on each other's stare?

How surprised we were to find
that in the end, our peace of mind
required, that the pain be eased
when we escaped our company.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

This is beautiful,
It really struck a chord with me, it's very relatable.
I find this great & creative.
S&F

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Thanks! I was thinking of my divorce. Definitely a bitter sweet relationship that turned out to be unsustainable in the end.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

It certainly struck a chord with me! Poetry is the language of the heart!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You convey the contemplative component of this contest with the narrator's words well. I liked it.
I'm still trying to envision the palm to back embrace part.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
You convey the contemplative component of this contest with the narrator's words well. I liked it.

Envision the man faces the woman, standing, hips toward each other, and his arm circles around her with his palm flat against her lower back, such that he can pull her much closer if he wishes... He can steer her closer, turn her to either side, or simply convey a great deal of energy to her lower regions by placing his hand in this position, making no other movements whatsoever...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Envision the man faces the woman, standing, hips toward each other, and his arm circles around her with his palm flat against her lower back, such that he can pull her much closer if he wishes... He can steer her closer, turn her to either side, or simply convey a great deal of energy to her lower regions by placing his hand in this position, making no other movements whatsoever...

Got it.
I had envisioned in my mind a woman with her back turned and a man embracing her by placing his palms on her back, maybe resting his face beside hers, or on her shoulder. Maybe that was because I read it a few times over and got the feelings of sadness from the later lines. Reading it again, I see that your explanation makes sense now, since this is the more passionate part of the poem where the love is tender and fresh.
edit on 11/2/2012 by TheOtter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Got it.
I had envisioned in my mind a woman with her back turned and a man embracing her by placing his palms on her back, maybe resting his face beside hers, or on her shoulder. Maybe that was because I read it a few times over and got the feelings of sadness from the later lines. Reading it again, I see that your explanation makes sense now, since this is the more passionate part of the poem where the love is tender and fresh.
edit on 11/2/2012 by TheOtter because: (no reason given)

I like your version too, now that you described it - definitely works with this imagery!

new topics

top topics

join