It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hotel Owner refuses to evict Sandy evacuees for Marathoners

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Good news - I hope - , just heard on three news bulletins that the Marathon has now been cancelled, by ;Mr. Bloomberg'.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

A very old story about the good old Red Cross.

In 1945, my uncle serving in WW2 on the front lines was thrilled to see the RC greet them with coffee. The cost for a cup of coffe was .10 cents.

My uncle didnt have .10 cents. He got NO coffee!

Hopefully things have changed since then but, that gave me a bad taste for RC and I will not donate to them.

Other ways to help? Send canned foods and water.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Know what would I think make the citizens happier? If the marathoners were put to work. Let them put their stamina to good use, for whatever needs to be done that requires light-footing over debris and wreckage.

Kidding aside, I'm glad the few runners who were interviewed in the ESPN news article were understanding about the cancellation.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Know what would I think make the citizens happier? If the marathoners were put to work. Let them put their stamina to good use, for whatever needs to be done that requires light-footing over debris and wreckage.

Kidding aside, I'm glad the few runners who were interviewed in the ESPN news article were understanding about the cancellation.

Imagine if the marathoners decided to do it on their own.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't been back to this thread all day, but I really am in the middle of this chaos. Just about everyone I know lost something if not everything including me. So there is a lot to do during the day. I just happened to have some downtime last night and wanted to share the story of the hotel owner with some ethics, kindness, etc.

Anyway thank you all for your responses. Just about everyone in NY is happy the marathon has been cancelled.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

some politician from Staten Island told his constituents to stop sending money to the Red Cross since they weren't doing a single thing to help the folks stuck on SI.

The next day, the Red Cross showed up to help.

I spoke with a guy from Staten Island today and he said that, while his house was fine, the area that was hardest hit is horrific. One friend of his has a boat in his house. That guy's neighbor found a dead child in his back yard and so on.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by riverwild

some politician from Staten Island told his constituents to stop sending money to the Red Cross since they weren't doing a single thing to help the folks stuck on SI.

The next day, the Red Cross showed up to help.

I spoke with a guy from Staten Island today and he said that, while his house was fine, the area that was hardest hit is horrific. One friend of his has a boat in his house. That guy's neighbor found a dead child in his back yard and so on.

Yeah,man.
The loudest squeaky wheel gets the most attention.
There is more of this tragic story that will unfold in the following days as the rest of the MSM worries about the upcoming election.

Be safe and take care.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I take it you have read the above......frightening ain't the word for it

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The Red Cross has one of the highest paid salaries for its board of directors than any charity out there. A few years ago, IIRC, one of the board of directors was making six figures a year. They have the highest salary, to the lowest paid out in aid of all the organizations. They do some good things, but I won't donate a dime to them. I'll find other charities to donate to first. Even small local ones before I donate to them.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by steaming
reply to post by Crakeur

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I take it you have read the above......frightening ain't the word for it

Just like a lot of other "charities", there are a lot of people involved claiming massive pay packets, bonuses, perks, company cars, expenses...

These people are professionals at making money off of the backs of charities, they make their careers out of it. They know that it's a business, they give out just enough to look like they're doing something, while pocketing the rest. It's a sick and twisted business, but the ARC is no different to thousands of other "charities" that behave in exactly the same way.

I used to work for a company that had dealings with perhaps the biggest "Christian" charity in the UK. You all probably know the one. But for a "Christian Charity" they sure kept a hell of a lot of that cash for themselves, building offices they never use, driving around in luxury cars, giving themselves big bonuses, talking to people like they're "plebs" (just like our elitist politicians).

All of our staff who had to deal with that "charity" on a daily basis were sick of them, disgusted at their seemingly elitist lifestyles and opulence while claiming to be a religious group raising money for good causes.

Seriously, if people actually knew how the majority of their donations were spent on these greedy self-serving parasites many would not give to international charities ever again.

It's a sad situation, you want to give, but you just know that all you're really doing in a lot of cases is paying for some disgusting creatures holiday home in the Bahamas.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I have several not for profit clients. knowing what I know makes it hard to donate.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The only organization that I will donate to without doing very extensive research into is St. Jude. In large part because without them, my other half wouldn't be here today. She learned a lot about how they operate when she was getting treated there, and I am more than impressed with how they operate, and what they do.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Ok not funny, er, yes it is funny......er....... what ever happened to all the Zombies we have all been prepping for...lol.....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

IMO...I don't trust the Man and have no problem believing that he's insane. He's actions speak for themselves. The term Insane is used to describe this man's decisions and actions...

This man is insane, I am sure of it. He sees himself as some sort of dictator who knows what is best for his minions. It amazes me that so many Americans do not see who and what he is and represents. He is a clear and current danger to our liberties and to the American way of life. This is exactly the sort of man that our founders, while writing the constitution, knew would come along, so they wrote things in there we could use to protect the republic.

Source

Google search results for Bloomberg is insane..lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join