It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three days Since Sandy and New Yorkers are...dumpster diving for food?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Sorry for the delay. I couldn't find any pics of "X-Codes" being used post Sandy. This pics title said Massachussess...sess

But it doesn't look right. Nothings wet.

Maybe the situation in New York is different. People there had insurance and there is no "eminent domain" crap going on there yet. Maybe in Breezy Point? We'll see.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Some of the attitudes in this thread seem a bit to arrogant to me. I know you are feeling validation right now, but it seems you forget some people live check to check and barley get by. Some simply can't afford any abundance of food, and they defiantly don't have the luxury of a shelter.

There was also major flooding that lead to evacuations, even if some of these people had food saved up they wouldn't be able to get to it. And whose to say the flood didn't destroy their supplies? Anyone who had their food "safely" stored away in their basement is learning a valuable lesson right now.

Some of you may be prepared for a global economic collapse, or zombies, but when a natural disaster destroys your house and all your prepping with it you'd probably be more humbled.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I believe those are images from Katrina!! It happened on August 29, yet volunteers, rescue workers etc... weren't even able to get to people to see who had died till the dates in the photos!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

times are hard and some folks live paycheck to paycheck because the cost of living is outrageous so yeah they only buy food every few days instead of stocking up . and another person said why dont they walk cross town to an open grocery well central park is like 5 or 8 miles long i think i read and some peple might be old or disabled to walk such long distances carring a pack of groceries canned foods are heavy. what i want to know one where is red cross,2 where is the city of new york, 3 why hasnt mayor got rocks bloomberg not come off some of his billions to help out the city he claims to love, 4 where the hell is fema ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline
What I don't understand is... there is a wilderness somewhere around there correct? At least one person with a hunting skill set... In that setting, I would be going on hunting excursions and feeding the people around me. The problem with the world is we think we have become more civilized and cultured in our survival. What actually has happened is we have become dependent upon convenience without taking the time to learn a survival skill (not everyone is like that of course or we wouldn't have hunters... key word is dependent).

Say 1000 other people decide to do that, what then? All the posts saying what you say seem to miss that part.

reply to post by Toadmund

They do always seem to ignore that don't they.
edit on 5-11-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

well if it does happen i will just bust out laughing my ass off . i am a cold person . i have no heart . is this what you want to hear . well i do have a heart and care a lot about the people that are living there i have 10 family members there and they are all fat that is why i responded the why i did . i mean yea it is sad that they have to go though that and all but you need to look at the funny side to everything . if you take everything and look at it from the bad side you must have a very droll life sorry man .
edit on 6-11-2012 by Loki1LouAmardd2Revan3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join