It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman told to leave women’s locker room

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkinichole90

I'm sorry, but yes it does. Barring a specific set of circumstances, which the article did not specify that he met, he is still a man. He takes hormone replacement therapy, fine. He is transgendered MTF, fine. However, it appears that at his current stage of transition, he is still physically male.

I don't care what is in his brain. That is 100% irrelevant at this point. "Men" and "Women" as designations for locker rooms has NOTHING to do with what sex or gender you identify as, or are on your way to becoming. It has everything to do with what sex you currently are.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by snarky412

Transgender is the new ultra progressive tell coversation. It's funny to see people go out of their way to refer to a male to female transgender as SHE/HER (and vice versa for the female to male) as much as humanly possible when they discuss it.

Anyway, it's a weird topic. Obviously if this person still had male sex organs then they should NOT be allowed to be exposing themselves in a woman's locker room. Period. If that's the case then any pervert can slap on a drag outfit and go get their kicks in a girls locker room. It's this guys own fault for being so stupid and inconsiderate. I personally, though I consider myself a fairly progressive person, kind of lean towards your genetic gender being your gender period. No matter what your mind, if you are woman through and through in your brain, but technically and physically a male you are a male. Call it the third gender, but you are not the gender you feel entirely.

I can't read the article atm, does anyone know if this person had had a sex change prior?

Hey, about your thought right here:

Anyway, it's a weird topic. Obviously if this person still had male sex organs then they should NOT be allowed to be exposing themselves in a woman's locker room. Period. If that's the case then any pervert can slap on a drag outfit and go get their kicks in a girls locker room.

That's what I have a problem with. There he is in full glory with his junk hanging, thinking it's perfectly normal and no one is supposed to say any thing to him.
Which the point you bring up about pervs pretending to be transgender......not a good thought.

He states that he is bisexual/lesbian and has all his man hood and has no plan to change that part.

My argument is the 45 yr. old man should know better.......[minors involved]
I think he was just testing the law there...
He won out and the girls had to go to a smaller locker room.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

I know this isn't to me, but I'm answering.
No damage likely, maybe some questions earlier than parents intended, but no real damage (though in our society the fact that sexuality is so closeted it actually could cause damage like culture shock).

However, if you are a young girl and walk in the locker room and see a naked man , it may very well scare the hell out of you. You know that you shouldn't be seeing any male genitals in this room, you might think rapist, pervert, etc.

In all honesty if this trangendered woman still has male genitalia they really had no business at all being in a woman's locker room. They are either stupid, mentally disturbed, looking to stir something up, or just plain arrogant and inconsiderate. I mean, no life long damage to these girls, but I bet it made them feel alot less safe and secure in that environment. It still has effects and it probably makes their parents feel less safe and it impedes on their choice of parenting if they were waiting til further down the road to discuss aspects of male and female sexuality.

In conclusssion.. this transgendered person is either a complete moron or a complete jerk. Sure they will have a hard confusing life, but don't think for a second there won't be plenty of both stupid and jerky trans as it becomes more prevalent and accepted. That's the thing with these touchy subjects.. they are all defended regardless of what #ty people they might in reality be.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Projecting much?

First off, no person, of either sex, has the right to be nude in front of others without the other people's consent. That consent is implied on a same-sex basis when you are dealing with locker rooms and other venues where nudity is understood. However, that consent is NOT implied on an opposite-sex basis.

If I, as a man, saw a naked women in the locker room of my gym, you can be damned sure I would raise holy hell. There are young boys who go to that gym with their fathers, and those boys should not be put in a position where they are forced to see a naked woman just because she wants to change around men.

The same goes for this case. I understand transgender rights, trust me. However, at this point, he is asserting his desires over the rights of others.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Wait.. so "bisexual/lesbian" means he is a supposed transgender that is still attracted to women?
That makes it very funny to me that people are doing the whole "SHE" thing in this thread. This is just a dude, it's a him. And I am saying that HE was not being harrassed and falls directly into that pervert category I was talking about.

I can be "progressive".. or I can be honest.
I choose to be honest:
So this guy is a transvestite, not a transexual. It's a dude that still has his junk and is attracted to women, but calls himself a lesbian because he dresses like a girl. He went into the women's locker room for a cheap thrill and to cause drama.

edit on 2-11-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Not in this instance.
As I said in my above post, just because they have a tough lot in life does not mean there aren't jerks and idiots that fall into the transgender category and they don't all deserve to be defended without question.

This is a MAN, a transvestite (not a transgender), that is still attracted to women, that went into a girls locker room and exposed himself to girls. It's not ok to do, not because he doesn't have the right to use a locker room, but because the girls have the right to feel safe in a same sex environment. He is NOT a female. He has no intention of becoming a female. At what point do you think this single persons right supercedes everyone elses? Because he's a minority? Or a unique case? This is honestly political correctness run amok.

I sympathize with transexuals, seriously that would be a tough situation to not feel right in your own body, but that's not the case here. This guy is an idiot or a creep. Take your pick. People like him set back actual progression. He is not doing the transgender community any favors AT ALL.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Wait.. so "bisexual/lesbian" means he is a supposed transgender that is still attracted to women?
That makes it very funny to me that people are doing the whole "SHE" thing in this thread. This is just a dude, it's a him. And I am saying that HE was not being harrassed and falls directly into that pervert category I was talking about.

I can be "progressive".. or I can be honest.
I choose to be honest:
So this guy is a transvestite, not a transexual. It's a dude that still has his junk and is attracted to women, but calls himself a lesbian because he dresses like a girl. He went into the women's locker room for a cheap thrill and to cause drama.

Exactly.......

When I first posted this, it made it sound like transgender harassment.
But as I dug deeper, I'm thinking more creepy and out to pursue some kind of agenda.

When you get a chance, check out this site:

nextyearsgirl.tumblr.com...

And hope you're not driving but.......

This is him...or her.
Which ever and no it's not his Halloween custom.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
i can imagine how many can be ultra supportive of him...
yes i said "him". i am that guy who will call a person by their original gender.

there was a news story that went off few years back. about some woman who went through the operations to become a man. then changed BACK and got pregnant.
the news was reporting the story as if a man had gotten pregnant...

i can see if a person was born a-sexual or something. there is a level of tolerance for that i believe.

but transvestite dont cut it for me. i dont care what people want to be. its what they were born with that i will call them. im as liberal as the next person but i am not going to start second guessing my proper nouns so you wont be offended.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Yeah..
I've seen a lot of this push on forums lately for transgenders to be called their "correct" title of he/she (correct being opposite of what their genetic sex is. I understand it, I really do, and I have no hate, I don't care and think everyone should do what makes them happy. If you're happy, and you aren't messing with me or anyone else, I am happy.

The thing is, they are making themselves overly sensitive and forcing this p.c. garbage on everyone. It's a hollow victory. It's making an insult out of something that was never intended to be an insult.

I mean, I saw a video a while back where this trans woman slugs this guy in the face because he whispers to his friend "that's a guy" and all the other people posting were in support of the transwoman even though they victim was just whispering to someone he was with. To me that's not really an offensive response, can people not be observant and comment, even if it's stupid obvious? I might have done the same thing, not hating, just because you point out things that are less common, things you notice. Everyone posting defended the transwoman because she "kicked that bigot (or whatevers) ass for not calling HER she" and I was like.. but they assaulted that guy for saying something to his friend.

I don't know it's just kind of annoying, and ironically I never cared or was annoying by transexuals ever before, until I was scolded for not calling one She. Maybe we should just replace "she/he/him/her" with "sex is subjective" in all future literature.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I am saying that he (you know the man-lady) is claiming to be bi and loves it when his therapist calls him lesbian.

Being that my wife is bi with a strong attraction to women I understand bi/lesbian quite well.

However, this man says he likes women. You cannot deny that teen girls are developing women's bodies. You also cannot deny that there are many sick people out there who like to take advantage of young women (it happens many times daily worldwide). Actually in many cases a 17 year old is considered of age and legal (so he can leer at them all day long). Hell I can admit there are attractive 17-18 year old young ladies out there. But it would be wrong, very wrong to go into the dressing/shower room with them, because that is an area for them to have privacy. If they flaunt their bodies outside of the room for all to see then it will be seen.

Again this is not some person that has had a sex change, this is a man with a penis who is attracted to females.

This all boils down to being overly PC, it has nothing to do with being offended by nudity in the sense that it nudity is wrong. I do not want my 6 year old some place with nude strangers. For that matter if I had a 16 year old daughter I would not want some dude that says he likes females hanging out naked in a dressing/shower room with her. If she wants to go and see naked guys it would bum me out but that is her choice. She should not be forced to be in a room with a naked guy who is a stranger when she does not want to be there.

See the thing is if more than one of the females is uncomfortable with having a naked strange guy in there with them yet they are forced to allow him in there his rights are trumping theirs. Your rights end when they affect me same as mine end when they affect you.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Exactly..
I'm the same way, I have gay friends, and I have met transexuals but I am not going to acknowledge someone that would be offended by such a thing. I mean it's honestly going out of their way to be offended. I don't get it, maybe they don't want to be reminded of their past life, or reminded that they don't really pass as female, but sorry nothing is going to change that. Getting angry at someone least of all.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

I know the case you are referring to, and it pissed me off. The "First Man to Give Birth" headlines were so misleading as to be considered criminal.

A WOMAN, who lives her life as a man and looks like a man, gave birth. That's not the first, nor the last, time a woman is going to give birth.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Koros

Yeah I remember that as well. Everyone was making a big deal about it.

I was left scratching my head

Women give birth daily, yet somehow this woman (yep her chromosomes make her a her XX) is something amazing.
en.wikipedia.org...

If someone wants to call me a bigot for calling a spade a spade then so be it. But that woman was a woman who looked and lived as a man. Overly PC crap. Hell, even my wife (who is bi) and other gays/bis I know said the same thing "but its a woman".

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

You can now add me to the list of gays you know who think that the "first man to give birth" line was a bunch of crap.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Koros

I know better than to keep lists

However here is a light hearted list for you on being PC.

www.pagetutor.com...

cattle ranch............cattle concentration Camp
closed..................somewhat unopen
dead people.............disfunctional earth children
dead....................metabolically different

Raist

edit on 11/2/12 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

who cares, this is pointless compared to whats really going on, this is fluff news to take up space.

please look past the bullshnip

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This whole thing is a non issue.

When I was a young child I was taken to the woman's room by my mother.
As an adult, I have seen Dads bringing their daughters in to the men's room.

As a young teen (jr high) the co-ed wrestling team changed together for a time due to renovations in the locker rooms.
As a high school-er we only had one changing room backstage for the theater.

As an adult:
I have shared tents, bedrooms, and bathrooms with gays, lesbians, and possibly transgenders. I don't know about the trans, only because I don't look when I'm going about my business.
I know individuals who claim to be transgendered. Whatever.

If (s)he was aroused during this, than it's an issue. Until that point, (s)he was only exercising a personal right to be in the room of their choosing. A right protected by state law.

If this is so wrong, than I ask all of you dads to stop bringing your daughters into the men's room when I'm pissing. It makes me uncomfortable. Especially when it's a trough not a urinal.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, they use the keyword "transgendered" but do they really change genders? I think shemale is a more realistic term. I think they basically become half and half. They're not women, but they're not exactly men anymore either. So that does leave a delema as far as what change room to go to? Like seriously what do you do?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Ok, so let me get this straight, if you want to hack your penis off, you should get some rights that protect you from being what would otherwise be a pedophile-act? Even though this guy had his? He just likes to pretend he's a woman, so the rest of us must be like OH ITS OKAY HERE GO SIT NAKED WITH UNDERAGE GIRLS???????

Uhhh, seems like this douche bucket needs to go to jail.

Discriminated? Yeah, wtfever.

We got a level 99 Creepo.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by snarky412
with an attraction to women ....
So no, he shouldn't be prancing around naked in a locker room full of underage girls.

So lesbians shouldn't be allowed into women's locker rooms?
And you assert that she knew there would be minors there? Did she? I didn't see that in the article or the video.

Lesbians don't have dicks. Sorry....perv deserves to sit in jail.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join