It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman told to leave women’s locker room

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by Destinyone

reply to post by yadda333

Your argument is moot. This isn't about homosexuality. You are trying to make it about homosexuality...it isn't!

My first post was about hermaphrodites and that sexuality (etc) is grey for a lot of folks. I think this is all relevant to the discussion because that's what we're dealing with--a grey area.

Transgenderism is not a gray area. It's well known and accepted in our society. You are trying to claim it is a gray area to sneak in your own personal agenda, not having anything to do with the OP.

Des

The fact that we're even having this conversation means it's a grey area. Are you having trouble understanding what a grey area is?

Just to help:

Grey area meaning that social acceptance isn't a given.
edit on 11/2/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

Are you having trouble understanding what the OP of this thread is. If you want to start a *gray area* thread of your own...go for it...

This thread topic is about a man who exposed himself to little girls, on their turf...

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Culturally, it might be considered a gray area in most of the states; but legally, it has been pretty clear cut in Washington State since 2006.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Your argument is moot. This isn't about homosexuality. You are trying to make it about homosexuality...it isn't!

My first post was about hermaphrodites and that sexuality (etc) is grey for a lot of folks. I think this is all relevant to the discussion because that's what we're dealing with--a grey area.

Transgenderism is not a gray area. It's well known and accepted in our society. You are trying to claim it is a gray area to sneak in your own personal agenda, not having anything to do with the OP.

Des

The fact that we're even having this conversation means it's a grey area. Are you having trouble understanding what a grey area is?

Just to help:

Grey area meaning that social acceptance isn't a given.

Are you having trouble understanding what the OP of this thread is. If you want to start a *gray area* thread of your own...go for it...

This thread topic is about a man who exposed himself to little girls, on their turf...

Des

You can choose to be militantly ignorant of this if you want, but the OP is not about "man who exposed himself to little girls, on their turf."

I'm sorry I have hurt your feelings by making you feel rather narrow minded an uneducated in these issues--it was not my intention. I implore you to look at these issues more in depth so we can have a solid discussion.

I'll also let you have the last word--I'm finished with this.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

she probably should have made more effort to not have it noticed since we still have such a puritan mindset in this country.

I love how it is now 'puritan' to hold to any idea of decency. Why not say what you mean. The concept of 'decency' is what you find outdated. If exposing your male genitalia in front of little girls is 'puritan' I wonder what would satisfy you people? What isn't puritan?

We cover our private parts for good reason. There are parts of ourselves that are beyond our power to fully control. We limit our sexual appetites by putting 'coverings', both physical - and the corresponding spiritual effect - to afford us greater control. We say to sex "not here, not now" because if we didn't, it would always be "now".

If we were ever to become so obnoxiously liberal to not see something wrong in a naked middle aged man exposing himself in front of a little girl, I weep for the world.

Such a world is a pedophiles wet dream.

I'm condemning the way some of you act like nudity is going to destroy the girls for life: he/she wasn't sitting there pleasuring him/herself.

Isn't it somewhat prudish to be bothered by the image of someone pleasuring themselves? Isn't that human nature?

I love how you pick and choose 'what' should be considered decent and what should be considered indecent. A middle aged transgendered man exposing himself in front of 6-17 year old girls is indecent. Indecent because they don't want to see that. And why not? Because the image is associated with sexual feelings. Feelings that cannot be 'removed' by insisting that the image is "ok", that there is no reason to be feeling so.

That argumentation could be extended to 'whats the issue with the image of someone pleasuring themselves'?
edit on 2-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just because he's ' been living as a woman" doesn't give him any rights to the girls locker room. He admits he was born as a man and indeed still has man parts. It is unknown if he also has woman parts.

I have been living as the President of the United States for the past 30 years but do they let me near the Red Phone, the White House or the Blue Button? Nope.. nada.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This guy is just a perv looking for attention and a pure BS lawsuit. Perhaps the school needs to install another dressing area for "Transgenders" if they think this form of behavior is "normal". I would sue the @@ out of the guy and the school if they continued to expose my child to this perversion.peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Even if this guy thinks he is a dolphin, he had no business being at the pool.
Absolutely none.

Humm, Second thought. Nice con. I may try that at the local woman's health club/spa.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Transgendered men who have not fully committed to reasignment should be subject

to equal treatment as 'men' who expose their genitals in any public area they too are

committing the offence of 'indecent exposure'

I too would be offended at such behaviour of seeing a transgendered man exposing

his genitails in a 'ladies' ( FEmale) changing room. that i went into ...never mind any

6 to 17 year old

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by Osiris1953

I didn't catch that she was still a dude down below.. That no doubt should be a technicality in which locker room to use. Boy parts, use a boys room, that's just my opinion though.

What if somebody has both?

Honestly, I have no idea. I have no room to comment because I do not know, sorry.

I'm still just wondering if he was even a student because he was in the university locker room, because the article didn't state if so. If its already been addressed I'm sorry I just stopped following this thread after everyone started low-blowing eachother.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
I say give him the option to have a sex operation and slice that thing off, else he goes to jail for public indecency.

There's no excuse for ANYONE to be exposing their shlong to underage girls.

And ATS again continues to hold true to being the gynocentric nexus between rad fem and stormfront, err left and right of cyberspace.

Adults shouldn't expose themselves to children period. Not only that what of shy/ reserved people that have to endure the antics of less reserved people?

I wonder if ATS would even take the time(aside form saying how "lucky" they are[like the appalled ats members seem to do when grown women rape little boy's]) if the transgendered person was female to male, and it was little boy's and teenage boy's who had to endure their antics?

But rules are obviously made to be broken when it comes to advocating violence(as long as the correct group for said violence is chosen, after all can't make death threats at members of privileged or protected groups) on ATS as some posters have done.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

This planet has severe sociological problems. I thought that was quite evident. Wouldn't you rather live in a society that is more advanced--a society that doesn't see things in only one or two dimensions?

How did you manage to get your panties in such a bunch? We aren't talking about the whole planet in this thread. We are talking about what occurred in a women's locker room.

Again, I think we'll be better off once we can get passed such narrow thinking. Gay rights would not be an issue if would could move past such a two dimensional perspective of sexuality. Because there are so few hermaphrodites (i'll have to check the percentages), we should deny those who want to be intersexuals just because we don't get it?

Once again, what does this even have to do with gay rights? Do lesbians go in to the men's locker room to change? I doubt it. Do homosexual men go into the women's locker room to change? I doubt it. This story is different in the case because the guy in this case who identifies himself as a woman, went into the women's locker room, got naked, and is evidently physically not a woman. That is the issue here, not gay rights.

Let's look at my statement:
"We also shouldn't be so prudish about our bodies."

Perhaps you can re-word my statement so that it suits you. Can you replace the WE with something that is more appropriate? I don't mind.

I chose to be a prude, and that's my business. I am not harming anyone by being so.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm happy to see that, since last night, more levelheaded people have posted to this thread.

When I logged off yesterday there were knuckleheads defending this pervert's "right" to dangle his appendage in front of a six-year-old girl in the women's locker room!

This country is turning into a pervert's paradise. Political correctness has destroyed logical thinking.

He was in the wrong locker room and he knew it and the cops should have thrown his ass in jail.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
I'm happy to see that, since last night, more levelheaded people have posted to this thread.

When I logged off yesterday there were knuckleheads defending this pervert's "right" to dangle his appendage in front of a six-year-old girl in the women's locker room!

This country is turning into a pervert's paradise. Political correctness has destroyed logical thinking.

He was in the wrong locker room and he knew it and the cops should have thrown his ass in jail.

Don't worry, blind gynocentrism destroyed common sense long before the PC crowd came around.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We don't have these sorts of concerns arise in the swimming pool, the weight room, the aerobics room, etc, even though they are shared by males, females, and trans-genders of all ages... Why not? Because we have clear and publicly accepted rules that say you wear appropriate clothing in those areas.

1) Locker rooms should have private changing booths. We should change from everyday clothes to workout clothes, swimwear, etc, in the private booth and then deposit our clothing in the lockers, rather than standing in the aisle-ways of locker rooms in various stages of undress.

2) While in the Sauna or Steam room, a bathing suit should be worn.

3) If locker rooms are adjacent to showers, the facility should ensure that the public has sufficient room to disrobe and temporarily store their clothing on a shelf or similar apparatus, while WITHIN an ENCLOSED shower stall. This way, nobody needs to be nude on their way too or from an enclosed, private shower or an enclosed, private changing booth, and publicly shared areas like Saunas, Steam Rooms, Pools and Exercise Rooms can have an appropriate clothing policy.

I think a few simple rules for public facilities can go a long way.
edit on 2-11201211-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

It's a matter of respect and privacy. Women shouldn't be in the men's locker room either.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It's a matter of respect and privacy. Women shouldn't be in the men's locker room either.

Funny that sentiment only surfaces after the light has been shined, and is often lacking when the reverse happens, so I do apologize if I seem to find such sentiments disingenuous.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I don't approve of women sports reporters, especially in the men's locker room.

Call me old-fashioned. I grew up during a time when men and women still retained a sense of appropriate behavior in public.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I don't approve of women sports reporters, especially in the men's locker room.

Call me old-fashioned. I grew up during a time when men and women still retained a sense of appropriate behavior in public.

The old gender contract has been shredded, I can't complain when people advocate balanced basic human consideration. But I do find fault when older individuals still try to shove irrelevant notions on younger men. The gender norms you grew up with were reinforced with a series of "pros and cons". Where men had a ton of responsibility but a few decent pros to make up for it. Those pros are long gone yet the older generations demand that young men must be slaves of a nullified social contract.

And on top of it the older generations seem to try and take the "air of the moral high road". I suppose in the same way even older generations justified their racism, even evoking the name of the Lord as they committed great evil.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with basic common decency, I just hold ill will towards the older generations due to their blind bigotry against boy's, young men and men. The world you grew up in no longer exists, by pretending it does all that can be accomplished is more pain and suffering in a world already filled to the brim of it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Are you saying you think it's okay that this pig was in the women's locker room?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Having a more feminized body he probably doesn't feel comfortable using the men's shower room. So his solution is to make women feel uncomfortable around him?

I don't think the average woman cares enough about his comfort zone to overlook that penis in the shower room.

A grown man should be willing/able to handle a little embarrassment in the men's room as opposed to embarrassing little girls in the women's.

He's a poor excuse of an adult and knows nothing about being a woman. It would take one scummy woman to intentionally embarrass a child in that way.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join