It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman told to leave women’s locker room

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

I understand that. Again it has nothing do do with who they ID themselves as the issue is that there was a man exposing his penis to young girls and women. Even if not intentional (which I am doubting) there is issue with strangers exposing themselve to people.

Again this is a womens locker room where all the females should feel safe as in the post directed at you. I am not going to retype it all again.

The issue though is not what he thinks he is, but that he is exposing people to his privates in an area they would not expect to see that. It made some feel very uncomfortable or there would not have been complaints.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Is it normal for young girls to be in a state college rec center locker room? I understand that the school allows a high school swim team to use the facility, but was the transgender woman aware that the HS team would be using it?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

This article makes it obvious he still has his man parts.

radio.foxnews.com...

It was not linked in the first post, but a few down from it.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I see your point, but I think you've identified the real issue in that we need cultural change. We should not be so insistent on balancing binaries, insisting that there only be two sexes. We also shouldn't be so prudish about our bodies.
edit on 11/2/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well I am not sure about that.

But that question is about the same as this. Is it normal for a 45 year old transgender with his male parts and has a stronger preference for females to use the womens locker room on college grounds?

Either way it really does not matter it is public grounds. I expect to see all ages on public grounds. There are college students that are in their late teens and early twenties with young children that could be there because mommy is.

The issue is male parts are being exposed in a female locker room where there should not be male parts. After that comes the rest of it where he likes women more than men.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by MajorKarma
I am hoping that the end of the Obama Administration will spell the beginning of the end of this sickness that has been trying so hard from every direction to engulf our country.

Yes, because Obama singlehandedly created the entire transgender community.
Before Obama, it was the 1950s where there wasn't even gay people, much less cross dressers.

attention span of a goldfish

Goldfish don't have hands and can't grasp or swing a baseball bat. More important, a Goldfish wouldn't give a damn about Obama's Coke Smoking Homosexual Past or his attempts to use the Gays, Illegals and ObamaPhone Crowd...like you, to turn our country into a Marxist Wet Dream.... But one thing this former marine Corp Officer, Structural Engineer, Stanford MBA and father of two has in common with a Goldfish is no sense of humor.

Enjoy your time in the sun.

Well, I, being a professor wizard green beret billionare, laugh at your internet credentials. So does my butler.
As far as baseball bat...erm. congratulations? Are you saying you hit things that frustrate you? Your wife must love that.
As far as the rest of the hate crap you spoke...erm..better a marxist wet dream than a theocratic wet dream I suppose since we live in the universe of extremes.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, scene II.

(lemme know if you don't understand the reference there, tough guy)
edit on 2-11-2012 by SaturnFX because: grammar crackers

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You know it's a good thread when it's devolved to the point folks are trolling each other!

ATS

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I do not see it as prudish. As I said. I have no issue with nudity. That said I do not want to see every one naked either. Even the ones I want to see naked clothes make their nudity better.

My issue comes from where one is supposed to feel safe. There are many women who would not feel safe undressing infront of a strange man. I can think of one good reason why some would have an issue with it and that is if they have been targeted sexually in their past.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by Raist

I see your point, but I think you've identified the real issue in that we need cultural change.

We do? Why do WE need cultural change?

We should not be so insistent on balancing binaries, insisting that there only be two sexes.

Why not? Unless like you mentioned somebody is a hermaphrodite (which is pretty rare) There basically are only 2 sexes.

We also shouldn't be so prudish about our bodies.

That's your opinion. Why are you saying WE when this is just your own opinion? Others might agree with you but I am sure that not everybody does, so I strongly object to you saying WE. It insinuates you are speaking for me, and you are not.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist
[more
Evergreen College's rules on use of the facility require:

Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult in the building.

So where is the report filed by the parent if a six year old child was involved? Imaginary what if children don't count.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by Raist

I see your point, but I think you've identified the real issue in that we need cultural change. We should not be so insistent on balancing binaries, insisting that there only be two sexes. We also shouldn't be so prudish about our bodies.
edit on 11/2/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

I wish the person who molested me, when I was six years old, had felt prudish about touching my body. Maybe that is why the very thought of a 45 year old male *exposing* himself to young Girls, in a Girl's locker room, turns my stomach.

Maybe that is why, I, as a Mother to a Girl, spent a good portion of her growing years, watching out for predators that may have had an unsavory interest in young Girls.

I don't consider it prudish...I consider it diligence and common sense. JMOHO....

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Well I am not sure about that.

But that question is about the same as this. Is it normal for a 45 year old transgender with his male parts and has a stronger preference for females to use the womens locker room on college grounds?

Either way it really does not matter it is public grounds. I expect to see all ages on public grounds. There are college students that are in their late teens and early twenties with young children that could be there because mommy is.

The issue is male parts are being exposed in a female locker room where there should not be male parts. After that comes the rest of it where he likes women more than men.

Raist

I think your overthinking it.
If its a man (biologically), then you use the mens restroom/locker room/etc
If its a woman (biologically), you use the women's restroom/locker room/etc.
Simple.

This man was caught naked in a womans locker room. Doesn't matter if he likes wearing dresses, is gay, etc...it is simply a no go. Until he is clinically a female, he uses the room for males.

Tossing the "trans" anything label in here only confuses a rather clear issue, and it doesn't add to any credible stance overall.

If bits, then male, if none, then female. Doesn't matter hair length, lipstick, etc...

If this guy gets a pass, any person can go into the incorrect locker room and simply state they are transexuals so bugger off sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rastus3663

Even if they must be accompanied by an adult there is no need to have a man walking around naked in a woman's locker room.

I never said there was a complaint by a 6 year old or ones mother. I said 6 years olds are involved. It seems logical though that there were girls of that age there since it was brought up. Also since there was an activity going on and there were mothers there it also seems logical that there would be a girl there that young.

There were no what ifs on my part. The article mentions 6 year olds so I mention 6 year olds. The article also says that a guy was exposed in a woman's locker room. The number of women of any age who feel safe and/or comfortable undressing and redressing in front of a strange naked man is doubtfully very high.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That part was due to the question of how often a 6 year old uses the locker room. My point was how often do transgenders use the locker room? Both are not important as it is public and could be used by any age or what ever.

I then pointed out that male parts were exposed in a womans locker room. It is doubtful that many women feel safe or comfortable undressing and redressing or even being in the same room with a strange naked man.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
He thinks he's a woman in his head??
...In that case he should be aware that it is

in the female psyche to be 'modest'

In comunal dressing rooms most females turn their backs on each other when changing,

and often put a garment on before removing the one underneath, wrap towels around them

selves and behave in a 'modest' (not prudish) manner.

They are more likely to sit around in undies rather than be naked.

Being 'modest' doesn't mean being ashamed of nakedness, but rather keeping 'nakedness'

for that someone special and not all in sundry!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

But that question is about the same as this. Is it normal for a 45 year old transgender with his male parts and has a stronger preference for females to use the women's locker room on college grounds?

Have no idea what is normal for a 45 year old transgender male parts or not; in Washington State whether or not someone else objects to it on moral grounds, she gets to be whatever gender she perceives herself as.

It does matter because of the applicable Washington state laws concerning gender identity. In 2006 the Washington state Legislature passed and Gov. Gregoire signed a law protecting people from discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodation because of sexual orientation or gender identity.

The legal issue is did she have the right to be there and to use the facility; it does not matter whether or not someone else with the equal right to use the facility approves of her right to use it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

That part was due to the question of how often a 6 year old uses the locker room. My point was how often do transgenders use the locker room? Both are not important as it is public and could be used by any age or what ever.

I then pointed out that male parts were exposed in a womans locker room. It is doubtful that many women feel safe or comfortable undressing and redressing or even being in the same room with a strange naked man.

Raist

I don't know about the first part. This all gets me a bit confused..hense why my simple outlook.

What does cause me a moment of pause are the trans folks that are like midway through operations, where they look like a woman in every way except they still have an attachment. Then...well, best to use a stall in the womans and keep the door closed/locked until they are post-op.
But its my understanding that a transgender simply "feels" like they are a woman verses any qualifying biology that points to that.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rastus3663

First thing is first. I never said anything about morals or an objection because of them, so let's leave them by the way side as morals are different to different people. If your read what I wrote I said I asked the question because the question of how often a 6 year old uses the place came up. I also noted that neither matter as it is a public place and I would expect to see all ages there. It was a rhetorical question.

As for it being legal that does not make it right in the way it is written. As has been pointed out. This is a man that has a stronger attraction to women than to men. If the law were written better it would specify genitalia or force places to make accommodations in the form of adding a coed place. In fact the best way around this is to add a third coed locker room. Then you could have women that could be in a locker room expecting to see nothing more than women and visa versa.

Again as for the legal right. The legal right of one person should not over step the rights of several others there. Just because it is legal does not make it right just as because something else is illegal does not make it wrong.

This man placed his rights over the rights of others. This could have been avoided if he had kept himself covered. But it is very likely there is an agenda to this that he is working on.

Here is something for you though. Get the women you know in your life to go into a locker room and undress and redress in front of a strange naked man. See how many like that. Also tell the woman/girl who has been raped/molested to go into a locker room with a strange naked man and see how they react. This man is nothing but selfish.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You are right transgender do feel they are the opposite sex than they are born with. Basically they feel they have the wrong body. Regardless of how right wrong, morals, or if it is a mental issue, the fact remains that dude was hanging his stuff out for anyone to see.

I do not think many women will feel safe, comfortable, or accomodating to a strange naked man in an area where they are supposed to feel safe and secure to undress and redress.

All the rest of it is political PC crap any way. I do not care what they do on their own time in private, but in public we should try to respect others as much as we can. Sure we are not going to make everyone happy but to blatantly ignore others feelings altogether for our own selfish needs is another thing.

Raist

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

If you are not objecting to it on legal grounds than what is left other than moral grounds? Like it or not the law in Washington accommodates transgender individuals in public facilities and it was passed by an overwhelming majority.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join