It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman told to leave women’s locker room

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Looking back through the thread I see some people taking issue with those of us who in their minds, "have a problem with nudity." Well, so what if I or anyone has a problem with nudity? Most of us raised in the USA were raised to comply with a certain standard of conduct and a certain expectation of privacy. Maybe that will change or already has changed, but for those of us of a certain age, no, we are not uniformly comfortable with nudity and slamming us with putdowns and derision as "prudes" is frankly bullying behavior. There is just no amount of name calling that is ever going to make me comfortable being naked in front of a man who is not my husband or doctor, and that is that, so stop trying to imply there is something wrong with me or others psychologically for adhering to the manners imposed by the culture in which we were raised. And besides, it's not like we women want to just stand around naked in public facilities. We have personal hygiene needs to attend to and do not generally appreciate having to do those things within sight of or earshot of the opposite sex. In return I do not want to invade the privacy of men as they use the urinals or do whatever else they need to do in their facilities.

Having said that, I have used unisex facilities in Asia. I WAS comfortable doing so there because I knew that was their culture and the men there were used to overhearing women having to change sanitary products and all the other things that go along with sharing a public facility with women not in their family. The manners there were different and when you know it is the prevailing culture, the whole experience is different somehow. Not better, not worse, just different.

Just let Europeans be European, Asians be Asians, and our country be itself. I'm sick of people trying to impose the standards of other countries or continents here and claiming moral superiority for doing so.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Was joking 'cause I'm over 40.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

One of the points I had brought up, quite aways back, was why was the swim team using the college dressing rooms? The place I got my undergrad would not let children in the dressing rooms period unless accompanied by a parent.

Currently the high school teams are now using another smaller dressing room.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I can understand and respect your position as you have defined it. It comes from a sensible place (although not a view that i share). However, i am still waiting to see why this person is a pervert or a paedophile? This is a grey area issue that has got out of hand. As the article indicates, the transgender was already there and only then did the complainant and her child enter. This was, if anything, an error of judgement - by both parties.

The repression thing comes up against Americans because of tales like this - it is exasperation that nudity can be defined as paedophile behaviour. Nudity does not make you a paedohile. It does not make you a pervert.

Surely we can agree on that at least?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Wheres the story bro?

According to a police report, the mother of a 17-year-old girl complained after her daughter saw the transgender individual walking naked in the locker room. A female swim coach confronted the man sprawled out in a sauna exposing himself. She ordered him to leave and called police.

The coach later apologized when she discovered the man was transgendered but explained there were girls using the facility as young as six years old who weren’t used to seeing male genitals.

“They’re uncomfortable with him being in there, her, being in there and are shocked by it,” parent Kristi Holterman told KIRO-TV.

radio.foxnews.com...

If he/she wasn't 45 yrs. old, maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal. [no pun intended....
]

But they say young girls to high school girls are in there.....sooooo, that's the problem.
And rightfully so...
edit on 1-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

*Walking around exposed* He should have had a towel on.. *sprawling his legs?* I am sorry but this is a sick man taking full advantage of being able to be a legal pedo/sex offender.

Gs

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I am just wondering why this person had to expose himself? Why not go into a dressing room with a door or curtains or if that option is not available...go into a restroom into a stall and change there.

Apparently in this state the law is on his side...but really he needs to use some respect and common sense and think of more ...than just himself and his rights. He needs to think of the young people too...and how seeing him in the locker room; nude is a shock to many of them.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663
You are mistaken. Clinical Psychiatry is a Ph.D or sometimes a Psy. D.
Psychiatrists have medical degrees.

Right. You said psychologists had to have a Ph.D. ... but psychologists only need a masters. It's Psychiatrists that are medical doctors and need a Ph.D. Those are two different things. I have a BS in Psychology. The next thing would be a masters in Psychology and a liscense to be a psychologist in the state. Psychologists are not medical doctors. Psychiatrists are.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
After finishing a swim test in 8th grade PE a couple of us hit the showers early. We walked in and there was a female janitor totally nude taking a shower. We all used one large tiled room full of shower heads.

It was weird and I wasn't about to take a shower so I told the coach. She was pissed and made a beeline for the showers. Don't know what went on in there but I never saw that janitor at our school again.

I don't have a problem with the male body I've been married forever and raised two boys but men have no business in areas designated for "females only."

Give me a sign so I know the rules otherwise things could get real ugly if I see a man displaying his penis around unaware little girls. Imo he's lucky he didn't get tased/pepper sprayed.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As has become usual with ATS since all the super-fun types showed up, the responses offend me way more than the original story.

This is a tacky, tacky woman who should have covered up with a towel, not the end of the world.

If we are all going to pretend rage over children seeing adult parts, lets all have daily rage over the tribal children all over the world who see male and female parts constantly from day 1.

Nah, that's not as much fun as labelling all transgender people as freaks who should be shot, right?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think it is worth noting..

Had the article not mentioned the "transgender" detail and it was just an article about a 45 year old man in the girls locker room.....

We would have demanded prison time!!

We all know here what we call a man who exposes his penis to little girls...

Considering the previous I think we are generally being pretty reasonable here. She still has man parts... Therefore displaying those man parts (in what ever condition they may be in) to little girls is in no way a defensible right imho.

I was always told that your rights end when another persons begin.. She has the right to be transgender I will not argue with that.. and she also has the right to live whatever lifestyle he sees fit.

However, little girls have the right not to be exposed to middle aged male genitalia. It's no wonder it made them uncomfortable!!

I cannot be sensitive about gender identity on this one.. Not when children are involved.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
FIRST: If there is male anatomy........MALE LOCKER ROOM!!!!
SECOND: HE is on LITHIUM and a whole host of other meds..obviously there is a component of mental illness!!
THIRD: What HE did was EXPOSE HIMSELF to little girls period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have read through a lot of these posts and now gonna give my 2 cents

I am qualified to speak because my partner is a male to female transgendered woman

Yes, she still has male parts and she would NEVER expose herself in ANY bathroom or locker room!!!!!!!!!!

All of the TG women that I know would NEVER do something like this!!

This "dude in a dress" gives actual transgendered people a bad name!!!!!

This guy is obviously mentally screwed up!!

Oh, and my girlfriend is totaly hot and extremely passable as a woman!! This guy is just horrible looking and very creepy!!!

Just my 2 cents people

Viperdave

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Transgenders are absolutely creepy.

they should be given no rights and should be discriminated against at all times.

If you are a homosexual that is understandable

but if your screwed enough in the head to become a transgender then you should be viewed as a threat to the public

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Realy? Had a bad expierence once and it freaked you out?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Sorry in natural societies nudity is typical, not so much in ours. Natural societies have codes of conduct too. Wonder what happens to their offenders?

Considering the number of pervs who are allowed to live in our communities these days, you'd have to be pretty naive not to be suspect of his/her behavior.

A unisex sign would give people the option to use the facility/or not. It would be more respectful and safer for all involved.

Some women aren't as passive as you might think. Whether you think it's fair or not springing a penis on a bunch of unsuspecting women these days could end badly for the owner of said penis.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave

Realy? Had a bad expierence once and it freaked you out?

No but i have known several and they are creepy people. Their eyes are wrong, they send out bad vibes too.

I'm speaking of transgenders though not transvestites

transvestites are a bit creepy though too but atleast they arent mental to the point of getting an operation

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
the MAN couldnt had just been facing a locker or shower? he had to sprawl his legs open on a bench awaiting a reaction?

either because hes a perv or because he wants to start a battle about political correctness.
its like some kinda fad people have, to push their luck and test their offensive rights against others for a rise.

i wouldnt mind a gander at naked woman, perhaps i shall pull a stunt like this. the law is on my side if i say the right things. i dont need any human decency or common sense. screw that noise.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Transgenders are absolutely creepy.

they should be given no rights and should be discriminated against at all times.

If you are a homosexual that is understandable

but if your screwed enough in the head to become a transgender then you should be viewed as a threat to the public

I posted my opinion on the first 2 pages of this thread. As a Mother to a Girl, I find it just plain WRONG what this person did. Should have never *exposed* themselves to little Girls.

That being said. I now have to jump back in this thread, to tell you, how WRONG you are in your attitude. It's people with attitudes like yours, that have helped swing the out of control PC attitudes, that allowed this person to *expose* his genitals/penis to little Girls, and get away with it, as if it's normal.

Hate doesn't do anything but cause a backlash that leaves it OK for a 45 year old man to *expose* himself to little Girls, and get away with it. Thanks for adding ammunition to those demanding for all of us to live by some Politically Correct standard, that tosses common sense out the window.

JMOHO...Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Well I don't know about the people you met, but I know quite a few transsexuals and all of them are very intelligent and very nice people, yes, I have met a few creepy ones!! But al the TS girls I know just want to live there lives and be happy, the want to look in the mirror and like what they see

My girlfriend went through a period while with me that there was a 50/50 chance I would come home from work and she would have taken her own life!! She was that depressed!

She's great now! My family loves her and ALL my friends adore her!! and she has many friends who find her very intoxicateing

I'm sorry you met a few creepy ones, most are incredible people

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you for this comment, I understand your point and this guy is just very creepy

But as I said, a real transgendered person would not do what he did!!

It gives transsexuals a very bad name

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join