Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Transgender woman told to leave women’s locker room

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This happened on Oct. 5th in Olympia, WA and has caused quite the controversy.

This 45 yr. old man, who thinks himself as a woman, was caught sitting naked exposed and so were the girls that were changing in the same locker room.
The girls age ranged from 6 yrs. to 17 yrs. old and they claimed that they saw him/her with his privates [male] exposed.

OLYMPIA, Wash. — A transgender woman said she was discriminated against after using the women’s locker room at Evergreen State College. Colleen Francis was using the sauna in a women’s locker room inside the recreation center at the school late in September.

www.kirotv.com...

The same facility is used by two high school girls swim teams from Olympia, who also practice in the pool.

I think in a situation like this, where it makes the young girls uncomfortable, the school needs to find an alternative solution to the problem.

[According to state law, it requires equal access to state facilities regardless of gender identity.]

I can see where this may cause confusion for the young girls and for them to be uncomfortable.
And yet at the same time, causes an embarrassment and an uncomfortable situation for the transgender.

I think it's more of an awkward situation than a discrimination issue, IMO.
I'm sure some of those girls didn't know what to think when they saw a naked man sitting there, not realizing it's really a woman.
edit on 1-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Now I read the story.... Girls that young, he should be took out back with old yeller n be shot....
edit on 1-11-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wheres the story bro?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
edit on 1-11-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Soooo....yeah, I'm all for transgendered rights, but if you still have a penis, then you should be in the men's locker room period. After gender reassignment it might be uncomfortable for some folks,but then the person would have every right to be in the women's locker room.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Ew what a creep!

link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Wheres the story bro?

According to a police report, the mother of a 17-year-old girl complained after her daughter saw the transgender individual walking naked in the locker room. A female swim coach confronted the man sprawled out in a sauna exposing himself. She ordered him to leave and called police.

The coach later apologized when she discovered the man was transgendered but explained there were girls using the facility as young as six years old who weren’t used to seeing male genitals.

“They’re uncomfortable with him being in there, her, being in there and are shocked by it,” parent Kristi Holterman told KIRO-TV.

radio.foxnews.com...

If he/she wasn't 45 yrs. old, maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal. [no pun intended....
]

But they say young girls to high school girls are in there.....sooooo, that's the problem.
And rightfully so...
edit on 1-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 1-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: Because

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I didn't catch that she was still a dude down below.. That no doubt should be a technicality in which locker room to use. Boy parts, use a boys room, that's just my opinion though.

Snarky- The age really does make it an uncomfortable situation, especially since its a regular for young girls and not he/she.. When I clicked on the picture I could already kind of see why they would be uncomfortable, just to be honest.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
This happened on Oct. 5th in Olympia, WA and has caused quite the controversy.

This man, who thinks himself as a woman, was caught sitting naked exposed and so were the girls that were changing in the same locker room.

Okay then, he "thinks" himself a woman....so, I do believe if I was a parent to one of these girls I would be persuing indecent exposure charges on this person.

Absolutely no excuse for this, whatsoever no matter what "he" thinks.

[According to state law, it requires equal access to state facilities regardless of gender identity.]

They do. Its called the boys locker room.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Quite rightly so.

If you can't decide what you are then you should have your own room.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Quite rightly so.

If you can't decide what you are then you should have your own room.

I was going to say, closet, but that just wouldn't be right given the topic.........no offense intended.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I say give him the option to have a sex operation and slice that thing off, else he goes to jail for public indecency.

There's no excuse for ANYONE to be exposing their shlong to underage girls.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This excerpt is very troubling if accurate:

Colleen Francis is a 45 year old man who retired from the US Army after 20 years as a supply sergeant. Married three times, he has three adult children and two daughters aged 7 and 5. His cross-sex hormones are provided by VA Medical, as well as a cocktail of psychiatric meds, lithium and antabuse prescribed for a troubling history that he details at length on a blog at the “Transgender Lesbian Space”of the puddygirl dating site for women. He says he is known as “Fae Raven” (not to be confused with the UK fetish model of the same name) in the “BDSM Community” and describes himself as: “I am polyamorous, bisexual (I very much favor women though, and my therapist calls me a lesbian…makes me smile) and kinky.”

nextyearsgirl.tumblr.com...

If he/she is admitting to a bi-sexual/lesbian tendancy, then I can see where the parents should be alarmed.
Just my opinion.....

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There's truly no hope for humanity when we can't even decide which restroom we need to use.

We're all doomed. We don't even know who's a male and who's a female anymore.

How freak'n sad. For us all.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Yup he still has dangly parts. When he's a she.... Well more power to her. I think it was quite an error in judgment on his/her part or erm....parts.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
He/She is *exposing* themselves to young girls...not young boys...Girls! Perversion knows no gender bias. I'm sick of our society becoming so damn politically correct, that a 45 year old male, and I don't give a damn what he thinks he is, is allowed to parade around with his genitals hanging out in a *Girls* locker room. If he/she were a *decent* person they would have used a towel.

As one of those parents, I would be filing a lawsuit against the University in a heart beat. JMOHO...Just Mommy to a grown Girl here, making my angry opinion known.

Des

edit on 1-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What? The "woman" still has the man parts he....er...she was born with? So how does this make a woman out of "her"?

This is just creepy.

And the VA provides these drugs for her to become, I guess, eventually, a woman?

I am all for compassion for the people who are like this person in the article who have a gender identity problem...but, please.....be a woman who at least appears to be a woman and not a man before subjecting children to such a situation as this in a locker room..

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I guess now we're going have to have locker rooms and bathrooms with a question mark (?) on the door. One urinal and two stalls with a sanitary napkin machine.
That outta cover it.
edit on 1-11-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Stupid. It's a man. Use the men's locker room.

All this crap about "gender sensitivity" is just that. Crap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join