It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New requirements for presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So I was thinking that the requirements for presidents is way too low. Here is a list of what I believe a president should be required to do before being eligible.

1. A man (or woman) who would like to become president should willfully give away all his money and live a homeless lifestyle for no less than one year

2. After said homeless period the person who would like to become a president should get a minimum wage job and work his way into a higher position in the company that would remove said person from poverty level to lower class salary level.

3. When step two is completed said individual should save every penny they earn just to watch it go into their food budget and bills for no less than one year.

4. After the completion of step 3 said individual should quit job and wander the desert without food for one month meditating during this period on what makes a good president and what good they could do with such power.

5. Now that the individual has completed the 4 previous steps they will agree to be legally bound to not use their position of power for monetary benefit and only keep the money granted to them by the taxpayers with a cap of 400,000 USD, being forced by law to decline donations and funds from any other source until their presidency is over.

feel free to add any other requirements you feel would weed out the snakes
edit on 1-11-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Unrealistic but I get where you are coming from.
I think they should go through basic training and spend time in a war zone.
edit on 1-11-2012 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

Ah but it doesnt have to be. We could make it happen

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thats pretty extreme but i like it.

At minimum id like to see the last one applied for all presidents and all congressman......for life (unless impeachrd)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Great concept for discussion. I would like to see all candidates be scrutinised for honesty. Can they tell the truth under varying pressures? Can they quite simply - tell the truth?

How to test for this I am not sure. Lie detectors are not reliable and I have learned that psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists (all sharing the trait of pathological lying) are so adept at pretending emotions - that they can circumvent the lie detectors. In simple terms - the nuanced changes in a persons skin like sweating and goose bumps etcetera that can indicate a person in lying - well psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists can control their bodily functions when lying and so their lies are not easily detected by the machines.

How about all candidates have no access to a wage but rather they are given what they need and nothing more. Definitely none of these extravagant pensions for when they retire from politics either. That would sort out the legitimate candidates - no money.

Much Peace...

NB Looking forward to reading the posts in this thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

They should make a good wage. Being president is a horrible job.

top topics

join