It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coverup regarding the fate of Challenger astronauts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499....

I had heard that some of the astronauts survived the impact and their cause of death was drowning.

No.

After weeks under water there would be no distinctive forensic indicators of that, everything would be waterlogged, drowning or not.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: wildespace....

If you listen to the audio recording, he clearly says "Feeling the heat" which is his reaction to the Shuttle's control systems strugging with the unusual situation.

I doubt it. Heating in the cabin would have been nominal, until the higher drag on the left wing chine jerked the nose hard left, tumbled the vehicle, and broke its back after one or two flips, with comm loss at the moment the tumble began.

What they would have noticed leading up to that was the aft right RCS jets coming on one after the other trying to keep the nose centered.

Yes, that's what I meant. Not the heat in literal sense, but the "heat" of encountering an uncomfortable situation. en.wiktionary.org...

I guess I shouldn't place 100% certainty on this, but that's my take, especially considering the isolated nature of this communication.

At 8:58:48 (44 seconds before he said Roger, uh…bu…) it is officially transcribed that Husband said “and uh Hou…”. That seems to me an odd transmission for the commander to start a thought in mid sentence, as if he were trying to finish a previous thought. Commander Husband hadn’t made a call down for more than 12 minutes prior to this statement based on the audio recordings. I do think this was an odd transmission, but not for the reason I just mentioned.
[…]
So what do I hear Husband say? Well I don’t hear him say- “and uh Hou…” I hear him say- “feelin’ the heat”. That, I feel was his and STS-107’s equivalent to Apollo 13’s “Houston, we’ve had a problem”. Absolutely and highly subjective as all of this is, I suspect Husband’s brief blurt was a product of him being a proud pilot. That if his “bird” was in trouble…that it may go down.

www.dvorak.org...

Listen for yourself
edit on 1-2-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join