It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evicted at Gunpoint by Wells Fargo - But She OWNS The House and has a Court Order Not To Evict !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Niko Black a cancer patient in a wheelchair was forcibly evicted from her home by Wells Fargo and Orange County Sheriff's officers. Niko had prior announcement of the eviction but she owns her home outright. She got a court order telling Well Fargo Not to evict her. They ignored the notice and forced her out at gunpoint!

On the morning of October 10, Niko Black was alone and ill when deputies from the Orange County Sheriff's Department arrived to evict her from her Garden Grove home on Shannon Avenue. "I'm in my bed and I see them storming my property," she tells the Weekly. "I crawl to my wheelchair."

The 37-year-old Mescalero Apache woman, who suffers from a rare, malignant and metastatic form of cancer, refused to open the door, saying that they had no legal right to be there. On the other side was a taped copy of a court order obtained from Federal Bankruptcy Judge Theodore C. Albert in late August that she firmly believes should have prevented the OCSD from carrying out the eviction. The deputies acted anyway.

"They break down my door," Black recounts. "I'm sitting there in my wheel chair. I'm about 100 pounds of shriveled-up cancer and a threat to no one."

www.kfiam640.com...

If this isn't the craziest thing I have ever heard.

The Governor is getting involved and demands to know why Wells Fargo and the Orange County Sheriff's Department ignored the court order to Not Evict this woman.

The lawyers from the Stephen Golden Law Firm were able to get Wells Fargo to let Niko back into her home to retrieve her belongings and the medical devices needed for her treatment.

The governor' office has now gotten involved to investigate how something like this can happen in the state of California, and Wells Fargo has now been served with an order to show up to court and explain to the judge why they defied his orders.
www.ktlkam1150.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
At the very least they are being held accountable.

Even if she didn't own the home, pulling a gun out seems way over the top given the situation.

Breaking the law for disobeying the order not to evict. I would hope they would get charged with some kind of unlawful use of force pulling a weapon when they weren't supposed to be there in the first place.

I hope there is no slap on the wrist for disobeying protocols. Slaps on the wrist do nothing but let the offender know there is always the chance they can get away while breaking laws.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yet more evidence that the law only applies to us ordinary folk.
They wont care that they have to appear before a court, they only care that they got her out. Any costs they incur will be past onto their customers.
Wake up people, coz YOU will be next!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The Garden Grove Police Dept has been corrupt since the early 80s...They are horrific! I know because I lived in Garden Grove for over 15 years. Once I was burglarized, and when the cop showed up I told him who I thought might have done it, he immediately left without an investigation or report. I screamed at him calling him every name in the book, even calling him corrupt himself, and he looked at me and shrugged his shoulders and drove away!!! I had all my jewelry, tv, radio, etc stolen......long story there, and leaving out details....dont want to violate TC.

Two years ago it was my brothers 21st birthday. My mother and brothers were sitting on my parents property having drinks. A cop car with two police pulled up in the alley and walked up to them and scared the heck out of them and immediately sprayed one of my brothers in the face with pepper spray. He was handcuffed because he tried to fight back not knowing who was attacking him, and once they realized that they were not trying to break into the house, they let him go......My mom was screaming at the police....Now why would two officers park in the alley and sneak up? Why not pull up with lights on????????
edit on 1-11-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I gotta say, this is outright shameful. The uproar by the state is about whether she should have been evicted or not. Whether it was all proper or not. Well, I think that misses the point, personally. What if it *HAD* been 100% correct and legal? Would it then have been okay to take her door down in a full tactical entry with an assault??

On a personal note, I grew up a few miles from where this happened, in the city of Orange. Garden Grove has some bad bad neighborhoods. I can see where this force could actually be too LITTLE in some of those areas and I'm only half kidding. Having said that, this woman could have been served by a couple deputies on a routine call. What the heck happened to discretion and judgement??? An assault?? on Her?? really!????

I guess it's time for Orange County to find themselves a new Sheriff to elect. This current one needs her own eviction.

* When is this one up for re-election?
edit on 1-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm confused, why is she being evicted? Does she own the house outright?

A social worker as well as the head of the hospital that she was taken to have both written in support of Black being immediately returned to her home for medical care. She's actively trying to find someone in the legal community to take all the evidence and help her get back into the house she has owned and principally resided at since 1994.

blogs.ocweekly.com...

So why the eviction in the first place?
edit on 1-11-2012 by Doodle19815 because: To add source

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The governor' office has now gotten involved to investigate how something like this can happen in the state of California

How something like this can happen in California?
That's rich...Police abusing their powers happens every day in California. It's posted on ATS quite regularly. They make it sound as if it's a rare incident. It's not.

And it happens all over.

I sure hope this woman sues the State into the dark ages.

Peace

edit on 1-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I sure hope this woman sues the State into the dark ages.

Peace

Hopefully she lives long enough to do that!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Let me tell you something. If I have the right to own this property, you better be a better shot than I am.

Period.

Because I will defend my rights to own my land.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Older cops (50+) are usually easy to deal with. These younger ones are just plain mean. You don't even want to make eye contact with them, nor do anything to bring attention to yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
These sorts of people are pigs. They’re cretins. Throw a gun in their face and see how they like it. Ignoring a court order and sticking a gun in the face of a frail, cancer ridden woman... What can one say? Words defy me, really. I certainly would not stand for these bully tactics in my own home.

Though, considering she owns the house outright, why on earth was she evicted? Didn’t see pay a couple of utility bills or something mundane?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
"The police state isn't coming.....it's already here."

-AJ

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Nothing surprises me where Wells Fargo is concerned. I bought my current home 1 year ago. Never missed a payment. One day I receive a notice that WFC has decided that my escrow needs to be increased by $300 a month. I'm thinking WTF?

I called WFC and was told "your property tax must have gone up" I replied "BS! I'm looking at my new tax notice and it went down". The WFC rep essentially called me a liar and claimed that I had to pay the new amount. Instead I called the local Tax Assessor's Office, turns out some idiot at WFC had arbitrailly decided that I now owned the two neighboring properties in addition to mine. As a result, WFC not only payed my neighbors property taxes for the year; but had also billed me for the shortage they had created in my escrow.

When I contacted WFC again once again I was treated like a deadbeat and a liar. This time they also informed me that they would not accept any payment unless it was for the new amount. I told them to go F@#$ themselves, and that they could try to foreclose the house, I wasn't paying any more than I owed

Luckily, I stumbled onto a website that informed me to contact my State Attorney General's Office. On the AGs website, was a web form for anyone with mortgage problems. I filled it out and was contacted in three days. After the AG got involved, WFC had someone contact me who actually cared about resolving the problem. Within 30 days the matter was resolved and my house payment actually went down as my tax rate had dropped.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They decide they are going to steal her home that she owes outright, and target her, because she is sick with cancer so it doesnt matter, she can fight all she wants, but she will die soon they presume so they win at stealing her home anyway?

IS THIS WHAT'S GOING ON? THEY KEEP TABS ON ALL THE HOME OWNERS WHO ARE SICK TO DO THIS TO?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
No one is bothered by the obvious attempt to garner sympathy in the articles by playing the sick/minority card?

It would have been tragic enough without the labels...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Except its even worse that she is very frail and sick, as anyone can figure out, in fact this could speed up her dying, or make her die even if she was fighting tooth and nail against losing to cancer. Just like moving an elderly person out of their house often kills them.

And in this case, I pressume that they only reason they even picked on her, was because they thought they could get away with it as she was sick.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
IS THIS WHAT'S GOING ON? THEY KEEP TABS ON ALL THE HOME OWNERS WHO ARE SICK TO DO THIS TO?

Thats worth looking into!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Nah, my hatred for banks over rides everything else in this story.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The article here is pretty confusing. She has lived in the home for quite some time, but where does it say in the article that she ever paid it off?

It seems she has been dealing with this for some time and there was a word in the article I wasn't familiar with, so I looked it up.

This is the word:

INTRASIGENECE

www.thefreedictionary.com...

in·tran·si·gent also in·tran·si·geant (n-trns-jnt, -z-) adj. Refusing to moderate a position, especially an extreme position; uncompromising.

Apparently there was a breakdown in communication with the lender of her mortgage over this, and neither side reached a compromise.

While I sympathize with this lady, unfortunately many people lose their homes because of illnesses. You can't just stay some place because you are ill if you are not paying.

I am also not familiar as to how the Disability Act pertains to all of this. so I am going to keep my eye on this one.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
At the very least they are being held accountable.

Even if she didn't own the home, pulling a gun out seems way over the top given the situation.

Breaking the law for disobeying the order not to evict. I would hope they would get charged with some kind of unlawful use of force pulling a weapon when they weren't supposed to be there in the first place.

I hope there is no slap on the wrist for disobeying protocols. Slaps on the wrist do nothing but let the offender know there is always the chance they can get away while breaking laws.

Meh. I think we are way past that sort of thing now. I think it's time to favor more of a pitchfork and torches approach.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join