It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Romney are essentially good men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree that change begins with you but clearly Washington DC is on the wrong path and many Americans are not even thinking about making that change because this is America, home to the obese and land of flashy distractions. Washington DC is corrupt to the core and the only way to fix this is for the majority of the American population to demand change, transparent change. You don't believe the politicians, federal and state, are corrupt? Well in my opinion the majority of politicians are corrupt or at best allow corruption to go on. Sure there are some good folks but they are clearly the minority. The George Carlin video highlights the corruption nicely, short, sweet and to the point. In this day and age it's becoming more and more obvious that his words ring so very true.

The first step to real freedom in America to stop believing in the Muppet show known as the Republican and Democratic parties.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Indeed... I mean Romney, when he's away from the crazy world of politics is a lovely man.

I mean, who doesn't strap their dog to the roof for a 12 hour ride.... who isn't listed on animal cruelty registries?

What makes you certain that story is true? What makes you certain you understand the context of that event (if it happened)?

As if Romney spends his time riding around abusing dogs. Your deliberately chose an image of a politician that has nothing to do with their day-to-day conduct and behavior. Now you can repeatedly pick that spoiled cherry and leave out ALL the persons merits to "prove" what an "evil" man they are. But that has nothing to do with reality.

Suppose I pick the worst thing you ever did and keep repeating that to people as a representation of "who you are".

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Obama and Romney are not the face they present to the public and media!

Nor are they the cruel monsters depicted here.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
I can say this, sometimes the nicest of people can throw down a government in a heartbeat. It doesn't take much to being deceived. Take the book of mormon for instance, that book has no basis to reality. In a court of law the book of mormon would be blown out of court because of all the dna evidence against it and of course no artifacts to back up it's stories of ancient hebrews leaving ancient Jerusalem and coming to the americas.

Private faith plays little role in his politics...as his time as Governer showed.

Obama could be a muslim and I wouldnt care. What I care about is that a candidate has a proven track record of success, and thats what they both have, despite the majority here calling them failures, murderers etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I actually thought Obama was a good man when I voted for him 2008. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but no, I can't honestly say I think he's a good man now. I think he's a bad man with bad intentions. I don't see me changing my mind either. I believe he is a narcissistic psychopath to be quite honest. Seems very deluded. Driven by something that isn't good for the country.

And that's just my view on him, not compared to Romney or anybody else. It's based on his behavior and actions over the past 4 years.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I agree that change begins with you but clearly Washington DC is on the wrong path and many Americans are not even thinking about making that change because this is America, home to the obese and land of flashy distractions.

Obesity is caused by lack of education on foods. I actually agree that politicians need to do something about education...primarily. U.S. education is a mess. But that doesnt mean everything is a mess.

Washington DC is corrupt to the core and the only way to fix this is for the majority of the American population to demand change, transparent change.

Demand change come from others? Id prefer they represent the change they want to see.

You don't believe the politicians, federal and state, are corrupt?

Compared to..say...India? No.

The first step to real freedom in America to stop believing in the Muppet show known as the Republican and Democratic parties.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

I dont know if this place would be in a better state if those parties didnt exist. But it probably would if people would quit relying on them as the sole source of improvement.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I actually thought Obama was a good man when I voted for him 2008. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but no, I can't honestly say I think he's a good man now. I think he's a bad man with bad intentions. I don't see me changing my mind either. I believe he is a narcissistic psychopath to be quite honest. Seems very deluded. Driven by something that isn't good for the country.

And that's just my view on him, not compared to Romney or anybody else. It's based on his behavior and actions over the past 4 years.

Thats what a lot of people who voted for Bush said too. But now, a few years later many are saying "Well, in retrospect, Bush wasnt so bad afterall".

So you have to wonder how much of this antagonism toward the U.S. President (whoever that may be) is indoctrinated through media reporting and how much of it is real.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Well, I was one that stated Bush was not acting good. (My view was he lost his god-blessed mind.) I do not look back in restrospect and see him any different...I still think he lost his mind. But I never thought he had bad intentions for the country, I thought he was just not right and making really bad decisions that subsequently were bad for the country.

You can't blame my opinion on the media for Obama. I've never seen such dismissive, downright false reporting to glorify a president in my lifetime. So the negative view of his actions and decisions darned sure didn't come from the Obama-loving media.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Well then we agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

So you dont like how Obama handled the storm, handled bin Laden, handled the financial crisis, etc.?

He seems like a warm-hearted, decent and capable person to me. So does Romney.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

No...I disagree that we disagree.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Skyfloating, are you watching a different reality than me?

1. The storm - he said he would ensure swift action, no delays, no red-tape. Then he went back to campaigning and all federal efforts appear to be toward making darned sure people can vote.

2. The financial crisis - you can't be serious. If not handling a financial crisis is handling a financial crisis, then he's been stellar. What I've seen is him making decisions that have deepened the financial crisis and diverted government funds to a small sector of society which gave no benefit back to society. He and his senate have yet to get a budget. And the only thing he really got accomplished in the first 2 years of his presidency (when he had democrat-controlled congress) was to push mountains of funds to support the Unions, cronies in select companies that were not market-ready to be viable, and a healthcare package that the current financial crisis cannot not afford, and will ultimately make matters even worse.

3. Osama bin Laden - yeah, he killed him. He was there, he did the years of searching for Osama, he did the planning for the raid and he actually pulled the trigger and got the bastard, didn't he? No...he was on the golf course, and there was a 3 hour delay before he finally came in and said "yeah, okay, sounds good". Then he went on the air and crowed that "we" got OBL...no a group of brave men got OBL. He also divulged tactics and the name of the SEALs group. Then he had a meeting within 3 days of the raid that got OBL and brought in Hollywood folks so that he could disclose more information that should have never been shared so that they could make a movie in time for the election that shows what a friggin stud he is and how he "commanded" the whole thing.

Please...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
1. The storm - he said he would ensure swift action, no delays, no red-tape. Then he went back to campaigning and all federal efforts appear to be toward making darned sure people can vote.

You didnt expect him to say "OK, nevermind the vote", did you? These are human beings, not saints.

2. The financial crisis - you can't be serious.

I dont agree with Obamas money politics in any way, shape or form. But he IS doing what many democrats want him to do. If someone has intentions different to mine that doesnt make them bad.

3. Osama bin Laden - yeah, he killed him. He was there, he did the years of searching for Osama, he did the planning for the raid and he actually pulled the trigger and got the bastard, didn't he?

Credit goes to the NavySeals, yes. OK.

Let me put this question differently: Is there anything at all you credit Obama for?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sanctions on Iran.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

No...I disagree that we disagree.

Oh well, that'll work too

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

What makes you certain that story is true? What makes you certain you understand the context of that event (if it happened)?

Oh yeah, forgot to reply to you.

You really like to play dumb don't you?

Here he is on the 2 animal cruelty registries

www.pet-abuse.com...

www.inhumane.org...

Here's what snopes says

www.snopes.com...

It's not about picking and choosing things to paint a picture..... this MORON actually did this to an animal.
Do you understand?

And he laughs it off.

The guy is a tool

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So, in conclusion -- at the very end -- Obama was re-elected. Not a big surprise. Both Obama and Romney gave inspirational speeches, and demonstrated how one should win and lose with grace. It was all very polite and nicely done.

It is kind of fun and enlightening to read this thread one more time, with the election now behind us.

In the months and years to follow, we will see a much more clear context. I am confident. The assertions of evil -- made my so many -- will look pretty silly and petty (if they are remembered at all.)

As a footnote, here is a link to the all the executive orders ever issued by a USA President since 1826.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

On browsing the above list, I found it amazing how ordinary and mundane these executive orders actually are -- they demonstrate the the full and nearly unchecked power of the US President -- and yet they seem pretty neutral and practical. No death warrants or malice there. Not that I can see anyway.

With the passage of enough time, the hatred and anger will be forgotten and we will all wonder why we were so emotional. We will let it go, and realize it was just a contest between two fairly similar politicians -- a very routine event for any democracy.

We will come to know: It was really not as big a deal as we thought it was.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
If I was to approach obama and say hey buddy you guys have sweet space ships and lots of men and woman processing that capability he would have me sent to a fu cking institution so to hell with these assw ipes.

Its like a horror movie so guess why they do not disclose.
edit on 11-11-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

Look lady i will not endorse the evil empire status for these people and their handlers but lets face it they live in another reality that is technological peaches and cream compared to our ancestors struggle and guess what the folks in charge may just now be figuring out they were led by psycopaths for some time now.

They either wise up or they get some negative attitude and thats that.

My guess would be from a human perspective is that nothing is wrong with our processes and that we are on the right path.

Do your dreams lie to you often.....does reality lie to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join