It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Voting Count 'Nightmare' Looms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Interesting question?

But yes I am registered to vote.
Just not in Ohio.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by redtic

otherwise if you go to the polls, you'll have to do the provisional. I see the potential here, but I have a feeling it will end up being a non-story.

For what it's worth:

According to his office, some 1.4 million voters returned the application and were mailed an Absentee Ballot.
So far, about 620,000 of those Absentee ballots have been returned

Hot Air

My math tells me that's over 800,000 "provisional" ballots, so far.

Interesting - but there's still a lot of factors in there that would determine if this will be a problem or not. How many of those will still return their ballots? How many of those just won't vote? And how close will the race really be in Ohio? As I said, I definitely see the potential for problem here, but tend to think it won't matter in the final result... but wouldn't be totally shocked if Ohio does end up gumming up the works.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Interesting - but there's still a lot of factors in there that would determine if this will be a problem or not. How many of those will still return their ballots? How many of those just won't vote? And how close will the race really be in Ohio?

You bring up relevant points, and I'm sure many more ballots will be returned.

I wonder how many people that requested the absentee ballots, but did not return them, will decide at the last minute to vote, based on how "their guy" is perceived to be doing on election day?

<< 1   >>

join