It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Equal or not equal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Is there a conspiracy to make people think they are created equal?

What if all were not created equal?

The man known for saying all men are created equal, was he right or was he wrong?

Take astral projection... I can't do it, but certain people can. I aint equal to them. But this is just one example of unequalness among individuals.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Equality is an illusion we feed ourselves in order to not damage the egos of those who can't or won't do.

We have equal rights under God(or by the basis of your humanity if you aren't religious).

We are supposed to be equal under the law(I'm not saying that's the case, I'm saying it's ideal).

Equality beyond those mediums is a fruitless and egotistical effort.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Personally, I believe we are born equal although it's not always apparent or easy to see. But from that moment we are either bettering or worsening ourselves. Some people try harder than others and some dont give a crap, therefore inequality is created
edit on 1-11-2012 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Id say they have ought to have equal rights, not that they are equal. People are very diverse.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

The man known for saying all men are created equal, was he right or was he wrong?

Take astral projection... I can't do it, but certain people can. I aint equal to them. But this is just one example of unequalness among individuals.

Well , we ARE all born equal ... considering the fact that we`re all "hu-man" and ready to be programmed from the second we leave the squidgy cave.

Astral projection is a lie , not one person alive could ever achieve such a thing and anyone who says they can are either lying through their teeth , or are simply trying to fit in with the spiritual crowd .

The closest you could get to "astral projection" would probably be achieved through the use of incredible drugs such as "acid" and salvia. WHICH I AM NOT SUGGESTING - infact i strongly advise everyone reading this to stay away from such drugs , and to stay away from anyone who says astral projection is real.

It is not proven , never has been , and never will be .... so dont even think about it , there`s bigger problems in the world than what people think of you , especially when those people believe in "astral projection."

EDIT : mods , if you have a problem with anything in this post and you want it removing please be polite enough to contact me , i will gladly remove anything you deem un worthy of the almighty ATS. as we all know how silly people can get if they see a word that offends them

edit on 1-11-2012 by JeZeus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

people are not created equal, some are better and built for different things than other are, but than again some of those people that arnt built for certain things a mentioned before are built for other things that for mentioned is not built for. and than you have the obvious differences such as height, weight, body fat, muscle tissue, brain activity, the list goes on. so no we are not created equal, but we like to think we live in a world were we all have equal opportunity, and that's what they want u to believe, but in truth we don't have equal opportunities, often people born into money have more opportunity than others, but then again someone from no money can gain more opportunities from ones mental state or physical prowess that some one born into money cant. so no we are not all born equal, but we all have one purpose, to live until we die and in that we are equal.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

i suggest removing drug references soon before the mods lay down the hammer of thor, if ur gonna mention drugs do it with finesse

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

Equal ability to evolve but that does not mean at the same stage unfortunatly and some people need more time including myself. But the finished potential is equal I think and some people have other gift and roads to walk. There is always someone with more knowledge and smarter (except the whole) and since you can write you are not the most unevolved soul in this reality.
. Who says another persons road will not be more effective later on and pass both your and my abilities if they do not have greater abilities than ous already.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Your question is actually a very interesting one, OP. Other posters have already covered it nicely: We should all have equal rights, but no, we are not all equal.

Having said that, it is obvious that people should not all have the same abilities and talents. The fact that people all have different abilites is a good thing. Some are good at athletics. Some are good at inventing. Some are good at working with their hands. Some are good cooks. Some are good at entertaining. Together we all make the world a pretty cool place to be.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rexamus
Personally, I believe we are born equall although it's not always apparent or easy to see. But from that moment we are either bettering or worsening ourselves. Some people try harder than others and some dont give a crap, therefore inequality is created

Do not agree at all. Some people seem to know things from within and cannot go against that knowledge even if it would be easier if they could and some people do not seem to know anything and behave very much like animals and have no control at all. I even think some of them are like this because that is what they came from. In a ideal society they would evolve quickly with the right disciplin and training of their mind. In this society many people will deevolve and that is really a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

Just because you do not have proof of things do not mean they cannot exists. What will you do if they do exists and your inability to frankly look for proof will hold your back and keep you from being all you can be. That is typicly dualistic of the ego mind to belive we know everything and anyone who contridicts our view is wrong.

I know I can bend (with asking questions) reality conciousness a bit with synchronicity and I it's funny when you see some people react to things they have no conciouss knowledge of, so I do not belive leaving your body to experiance in your mind a created image of reality based on information from reality conciousness even if I cannot do it myself. So the OP can do things I cannot and that proves that we are unequal and I probably have a lot more to learn before I reach his level.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Equality does not mean all are athletes, all are rocket scientists, all are healhty, all are anything like this. In fact, you would not be well cared for in a world where only rocket scientists existed even, no nurses, no doctors, no teachers, no social workers, no janitors, no cooks, no chaufeurs, and no moms.

You see, Family above had a very good plan. You can choose to be a dog eat dog social darwinist and slide down the big snake of lesser awarness, lesser compassion, lesser soul to the dark realms or go up.

Its all test.

The Higher Ups see the greatest as the least however. And the least as the greatest.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join