It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s with the Red Water from Hurricane Sandy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I've seen several photo's from Hurricane Sandy that have reddish hued water in them.
Any ideas?
money.cnn.com...

finance.yahoo.com...

Red hued water toward the right side

www.reuters.com...

www.washingtonpost.com... 81b1ce7d6978_story.html

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 1-11-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
First two are most likely reflections of bricks and lights.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

it's probably a combination of various things....some of those shots just look like dirty water....the ones with red hues specifically are probably related to liquids found in cars.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

The one with the cars in are probably from petrol and oils from the cars as oil floats on water, lots of pollutants will be washed into the sea of this hurricane always happens when cities get flooded unfortunately

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Only the first two look red.

And the water is around red bricks/stone.

Red water solved.
edit on 11/1/1212 by kryton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm just seeing muddy water and reflections of bricks. Sorry friend, this isn't a Gulf spill situation.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
All I have to say is, there is so much in that water right now I honestly wouldn't get wet in ANY form by it if you can possibly avoid it. If I personally did get wet, clothing would be bagged until it could be washed with color safe (or not...!) bleach and generous amounts of it.

Fuel Spill into NYC area waterway during storm

^^ Just one of many measurable/reportable ones I'd bet and an impossible number of small ones from 55 gal drums to basements full of things forgotten until now when the water made it everyone's problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's safe to drink. Go ahead, try.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Bacteria!

2nd.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think it's just the reflection.

After Hurricane Katrina hit down here, we came home for a week and went though stuff, threw everything away etc... Anyway I picked up a little cup that still had water in it and a few drops of the water fell onto the shorts I was wearing.

Anyway we left I washed the shorts and there were three holes the water ate in my shorts!!! I don't know and I don't want to know the kinda stuff that was in that water, but it ate through my clothes!

It floods everything ....everything around it goes into the water, so I'd say it's some nasty stuff in the water whether or not it is red.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Blood.

top topics

join