It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prediction for the 2012 election...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
While my vote for President is going to Cthulu (cthulhu2012.com...) many voters are still undecided with less than a week to go until election day. Since the string of debates the polls have been bouncing back and forth on a daily if not hourly basis.

I believe that this year we will see something in Presidential politics that we haven't seen in a very long time... no one wins enough electoral votes to take the Presidency! Yes, this is possible and I believe I have found a very likely scenario to allow that math to add up. I don't believe this is very far fetched and my electoral vote prediction may very well come true.

Here's a link to my predicted Electoral Map: click here please

The single Maine electoral vote does have a mathematical chance of going towards Romney.

A scenario like this would be a dream come true for the MSM, extending the election possibly into next year. I'd love to hear some feedback from my fellow ATSers. Thanx, and I hope everyone had a great Halloween celebration

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

You really think there's a chance NC will go for Obama?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

You really think there's a chance NC will go for Obama?

The demographics of N.C. have been changing a lot over the last decade. There's been a big boost in Hispanic population who overwelmingly support Obama link

I think he has a chance to win N.C. by a larger margin than he did last time around.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Possible, not probable.

There are multiple scenarios for an electoral tie, but that said the best of the best analysts and statiticians say the chance right now are around .2 (point 2) of one percent.

Very long shot. If it happens...the election goes to the House of representitives where the Majority GOP would without question elect Mitt Romney, BUT...our founding fathers had a sense of humor...the Senate elects the Vice President ...and the Senate looks to remain in the hands of Democrats by all rational predictions.

So...if the tie happens...Romney/Biden....That would make for good political theater

edit on 1-11-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A tie would be so cool philosophically speaking. It would be like a cosmic counterpoint to the whole "lesser of two evils" argument. DENIED! I would laugh maniacally for days.

Prolly ain't gonna happen though, sigh. S&F, however, for your work and bringing the possibility to attention.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

the Senate elects the Vice President ...and the Senate looks to remain in the hands of Democrats by all rational predictions.

So...if the tie happens...Romney/Biden....That would make for good political theater

It would be somewhat entertaining if the Senate did not elect Biden; but instead,elected someone that would REALLY be a thorn in Romney's side.....maybe Nancy Pelosi...maybe someone even more disliked by the GOP.

EDIT: Not that he would accept the job of vice president, but couldn't they also elect Obama? Or are they bound by law to choose one of the 2 VP candidates?
edit on 1-11-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I mixed Romney/Biden administration might actually be exactly what we need. It could force the politicians in Washington to actually compromise on issues rather than staring angrily across the isle at one another. A fun scenario I hadn't thought of.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Something else to consider in an Electoral College tie. The House picks from the top three candidates in the popular vote. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate, could come in third. With the Republican establishment never truly cementing around Romney, perhaps he would be selected as a dark horse/compromise selection.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Here is another electoral map...which is past elections...has been fairly accurate.

electoralmap.net...

new topics

top topics

join