It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incidently, we (liberals, left, and centerists) =still= think Sarah Palin is a moron

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

Nice wall of text.

What year are we in?

The Dems started off as the representation of the southern farmer type, and the republicans were the elite northern city folk, yes..this is not a surprise.

Since the civil rights, the partys changed..not one day, but over time. the dems, seeing a losing battle with their nonsense racism and such ultimately dropped that whole line and decided to go opposite. They started courting the northern urban types. The Republicans however, for some reason, started courting the now absent of representation typical southern farmer.

over time, social aspects transferred from one party to the other.

Can you point out anything in the last 30-40ish years? no...not from the left.

I don't give a crap what my grandad stood for or what party he was..I look at what is happening right now, today...2012, and decide who best represents what America can idealistically become.

Incidently, thanks for the massive wall of text, now, go read the ops. I didn't say republicans = a gaggle of idiots. I said that one specific one is politically a moron. How can you drop a load of text down without even understanding the premise of the thread?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by SaturnFX

I was getting ready to slam you until I read your opinion of Condi Rice. I have to agree with you there. Right before the Democratic Convention in 2008, I got a phone call from somebody who said that they were conducting a poll. I was asked if I planned on voting for Obama? When I said no, she asked if I was racist? She then asked me if I planned on voting for Mrs. Clinton? When I said no, she got all bent out of shape and called me a sexist. I then said "Look if Condi Rice was running, I would go out and help campaign for her!" I hung up when I heard her making choking sounds.

I have nothing against Palin. I believe that she was a victim of character assassination by the MSM, the Dems and some in her own party.

Yes, you are right. People believed that pile of steaming poop the MSM dumped on Sarah, even people here still believe that &^%$ the liberal media dumped, right down to that fake SNL skit on seeing Russia. Sarah has a great grasp of the need for energy independence. It is too bad so many people listened to the income redistribution schemes of Barack instead.
Even liberal women bashed Sarah for the cause of liberalism. The fact that so many condemned her for NOT having a abortion is way beyond the pale of morality.

What's more is Sarah called the whole hopey-changey thing for what it was, and also the death panels.
edit on 3-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
AS the OP stated

Sarah Palin was made fun of because she was dumb and said dumb things. She hurt McCain's run to such a degree many people would not vote for the party in fear that he may die and leave her as POTUS.

That certainly affected my vote.

In contrast no one is calling Ryan out for being an idiot so that would prove the OPs assertion that Palin was not being unfairly portrayed as imbecilic.

Call a spade a spade in this case and there is evidence now to back it up.

Oh right, she is called dumb because she called the death panels what they are. What's Biden's excuse for that "put y'all back in chains" comment? Biden just forgot to tell them that the Democrats have the keys to the prison.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The media trained the left to think Palin was a moron. I have had this convo with a co-worker many time. He says "Palin was an idiot"...I say give me an example....silence....

Truth be told, she was more successful and had more experienced than BHO.

I'll never understand how a governor of a successful state was labeled in such a way when Obama had only been a community agitator and first year senator that never really voted or introduced a single bill........ Four years later, the inexperience of Obama continues to hold our country back.

Meanwhile, good 'ole racist Joe continues to embarrass our country and his party, y'all.

Fifth dimension reality rears it's ugly head again.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Grimpachi
AS the OP stated

Sarah Palin was made fun of because she was dumb and said dumb things. She hurt McCain's run to such a degree many people would not vote for the party in fear that he may die and leave her as POTUS.

That certainly affected my vote.

In contrast no one is calling Ryan out for being an idiot so that would prove the OPs assertion that Palin was not being unfairly portrayed as imbecilic.

Call a spade a spade in this case and there is evidence now to back it up.

Oh right, she is called dumb because she called the death panels what they are. What's Biden's excuse for that "put y'all back in chains" comment? Biden just forgot to tell them that the Democrats have the keys to the prison.

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." –-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009

3. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

4. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

5. "'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010

6. "He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed." --Sarah Palin, botching the history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, June 3, 2011

7. "But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010

8. "Especially within hours of a tragedy unfolding, journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn. That is reprehensible." --Sarah Palin, defending her fiery campaign rhetoric in the wake of the Arizona shooting massacre by invoking a phrase ("blood libel") that typically refers historically to the alleged murder of Christian babies by Jews, Jan. 12, 2011

9. "We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?" --Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada's single-payer health care system, despite having demonized such government-run programs as socialized medicine that will lead to death-panel-like rationing, March 6, 2010

10. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller, posing as French President Nicolas Sarkozy, complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

Would you like more proof? There are many many more.

Those darn gotcha moments which the rest of us call simple questions.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: add video

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The stupid are those that can't see the farce. The ignorant refuse to see the farce. Your questio addresses both the latter and the former. Cranial anal insertion is not a methodology of optimal insight.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeavX
"Palin was an idiot"...I say give me an example....silence....
Her interview with Glen Beck...

Beck is Fawning over her , throwing her Softballs. Then the talks get to the Founding Fathers. Beck ask her which one was her Favorite.
Her standard answer when she is clueless "All of Them"
Beck didnt see She was stumped and he pressed on. Then he asked her to Name One !
"I like all of them "

She didnt have a clue of ANY of the Founding Fathers.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

There are probably some out there that still think Palin was amazing and totally not the reason why McCain sunk so incredibly bad...

McCain sunk himself, even without Palin. McCain is a Rhino and wanted Amnesty. I just voted for my local elections and left the POTUS blank. I no of quite a few people who did the same.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

And for the record, us intelligent, sentient beings on the conservative, right, centerist side of the aisle still think she is too!

No brainer (used in more than one way at this point).

edit on 11-3-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

There are probably some out there that still think Palin was amazing and totally not the reason why McCain sunk so incredibly bad...

McCain sunk himself, even without Palin. McCain is a Rhino and wanted Amnesty. I just voted for my local elections and left the POTUS blank. I no of quite a few people who did the same.

What is a "rhino"? You saying he is some prehistoric beast with a giant horn of ivory?
ok, actually that fits...

And Amnesty is a conservative stand...making illegals have a path to citizenship would force them to start paying taxes and become conformed to american standards...the only one that doesn't want people already here to pay taxes and become legit are...actually, not even sure. perhaps some latin american anti-american organizations that want to weaken the economy of north america.

But seriously...

What is a Rhino...

And...what does it stand for..

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wait....liberals that love Biden think Palin is a moron?

Are you people serious?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So, over the years I was hearing how the reason why the left hammered on Palin was because they were scared of her..threatened, etc.

Well, its almost election time, and have you noticed a difference?
Ryan is a bright man. He is an actual threat..and there is no mudslinging in regards to his personality.
Why? because he is not a lunatic. He is of course giving some very disturbing views, but that is subjective (some people feel he gives great views).

So, is the right ready to call a spade a spade and admit now that Palin sunk the McCain campaign and dumbed down the entire right for awhile? Will you finally admit that it wasn't fear or whatever but an actual real bad choice and dangerously so for her to be potential VP?

Actually, the Palin pick was not what sunk McCain's campaign. In fact, McCain ended up taking the lead in the tracking polls thanks to a strong showing from Palin at the RNC. McCain rode that momentum into a sizable lead over Obama until McCain made the fatal error of the 2008 elections. That was when he got caught in the sound bite stating the economy was healthy. The tracking polls nose dived the following week and McCain went from a 10 point favorite in the tracking polls to a 10 point deficit. His campaign never recovered from that.

Romney's selection of Ryan was a riskier selection than when McCain selected Palin. Romney needed a bonafide over the top conservative that would stablize his conservative perception. Yet, given the reaction to Ryans economic proposals combined with the fact that the GOP could not form a consensus on who should receive the nomination could have formed a volatile combination.

Now in hindsight Palin has lost all credibility and her career amounts to little more than a reality TV star. It still remains to be seen what happens to Ryan, especially if Obama recaptures the presidency. He comes across as one that would be more inclined to continue pursuing a career in the public sector opposed to following palins course towards becoming a television personality.

Or...do you think Palin is equal to Ryan? There are probably some out there that still think Palin was amazing and totally not the reason why McCain sunk so incredibly bad...
If it was Romney/Palin, would the ticket be stronger?

The Vice Presidential select does little but balance out the ticket. A Romney/ Palin ticket would never have been on the table because they are too much alike, so of course a Romney/Ryan ticket is going to be the better choice, even though I personally think Ryan and Romney is a poor match. That said it won't be the selection of Ryan that wins or loses the election for Romney.

In fact, Romney might have just made the blunder of the election with his statements about the Chrysler/Jeep situation, combined with Obama's handling of Sandy immediately following the storms impact. Take the latter into account with the last image we had of a major hurricane, Katrina, and the mess that came out of the handling by the Bush office. Even with the Staten Island fiasco (the NY marathon controversity takes the perception of responsibility off Obama and shifts it to Bloomberg), the perception will remain that the obama administration response was far more organized and efficient than the GOP response under Bush.

EDIT: I just want to add, that picture of McCain and Palin is just simply great and had me ROFL.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cypress

I assure you that the Palin pick is what sunk McCain's boat for me. And I'm not kidding around.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Nothing else to talk about in the news today?? A Palin Thread?

Palin has found her niche. She is great at rallies, she's a good motivator, a good fund raiser and that's all she will ever be. The media destroyed her and were more concerned with her buying a used tanning bed, her daughter's love life and her son Trig, than vetting candidate Obama in a proper and thorough manner.

Which is why she worked for the McCain campaign. Obama's use of social media was killing McCain, especially in fund raising and the needed a personality to offset the "typical old guy vs charismatic young guy". While in a perfect world sex and race would not be a facor, yet there was historical significance that came all the way form the Democratic Primary and remained a theme throughout the election process. You had "african american vs first woman" nomination and the GOP looked to offset that by going with "Young Energenic Woman to offset Old White Guy" ticket.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I don't like Palin and she has more than shown to be a nut job but when you delve into the statistics it was the "Economy is fundamentally sound" sound bite that sends McCains campaign in a downfall the last 2 months. Palin was a hit at the RNC following her nomination the week prior. Even when you figure the RNC would boost numbers, it was the only time that McCain seriously challenged Obama.

Either way Obama was going to win, his campaign got out the youth and minority votes much like Reagan did with the Southern Christian conservatives in the 80's. The choice of Palin had little to do with the outcome.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
Wait....liberals that love Biden think Palin is a moron?

Are you people serious?

Well the thing about Biden is he lacks the flamboyance of Palin or Dan Quayle who was quite possibly the worst vice president this country has seen in the modern era........ :lol . Sort of how everyone looked at GW bush as "the village idiot but he's still our idiot", Biden comes off that same way. It doesn't make headlines because well its Biden being Biden and he's not the President, merely the sidekick.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I'm glad others realize Palin isn't the bubble headed bimbo she comes off as. It's been so long since she hasn't been 'in character', it's hard to recall she is a very intelligent and capable woman.

In fact, I haven't seen her out of character for her public image since well before McCain chose her as a Veep candidate. She came on the Glenn Beck show a couple times in her roll as Governor and relating to drilling issues. She came off then as a well reasoned and educated leader that had a solid grasp on the issues with confidence on her own ability.

Flash forward to McCain's recruiting effort and it's like adding water to a Ghia Pet, except instead of growing like magic, her intelligence appeared to shrink like a raisin. Damn good act but I can't forget the cold intelligence she has shown before there was a reason to play the half-wit.

This is a good point. Palin turned herself into a character following the election results. She made a lot of money doing it just like any reality TV star. Our perception of her today reflects these past 4 years as well. When she was announced it served its purpose to spark the McCain campaign.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cypress
Actually, the Palin pick was not what sunk McCain's campaign. In fact, McCain ended up taking the lead in the tracking polls thanks to a strong showing from Palin at the RNC.

No, McCain was never ahead in the polls..he simply wasn't.
This is what the right doesn't understand...the more "charged up" their base is, the more alienated the centerists are.
You can get one of those nuts from the westboro baptist church as a VP, which may make the hard right base all but go bonkers with joy..and you will have only the hard right base of the neoconservatives vote...

Having your hardline base cheering is not optimal in either side of the ticket...it means you are further away from the center. Your base will vote for you no matter what, even if they hate the persons guts....the trick is to find someone passable for the center.

Why don't you think Kuchenic is ever nominated for the Dems? he excited the hell out of the base...but thats it..

Yes, when the base of the republican party gets super duper fired up and excited..you know pretty much for certain they will lose the election.

Romney is doing well in this campaign. He may not win, but consider how someone much further to the right than him would be doing now..Imagine a Gingrich or Trump...

People hate extremes of either side...Palin was a extreme neocon theocrat. She sunk the ticket.
Before she was on the ticket, I looked at McCain and was very much thinking he could win it..both sides liked him..he used to actually be a "mavrick" and stood his ground on many issues...he had principles (note I am using a lot of past tense here because he abandoned all of his former stances in 08 to win over the fringe nuts).

Yes, the fundamentals of the economy comment certainly didn't help..but its nothing he couldn't spin his way out of if he didn't have some radical twit also weighing his ticket down.

He should have had Romney as his running mate actually.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cypress
reply to post by Valhall

I don't like Palin and she has more than shown to be a nut job but when you delve into the statistics it was the "Economy is fundamentally sound" sound bite that sends McCains campaign in a downfall the last 2 months. Palin was a hit at the RNC following her nomination the week prior. Even when you figure the RNC would boost numbers, it was the only time that McCain seriously challenged Obama.

And then she opened her mouth...and it was downhill from there.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeavX
The media trained the left to think Palin was a moron.

Actually, the first time anyone thought she was a complete faker moron was her first speech, first introduction, before the media got hold of her. It was like allowing a chimp run for VP. The left was horrified and in shock that such a complete idiot would be chosen by McCain. So obvious to anyone who wasn't drunk off neocon Kool-Aid.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join