It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incidently, we (liberals, left, and centerists) =still= think Sarah Palin is a moron

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well, obviously that makes you a sexist. When we think Obama is a moron that automatically makes us racists.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I'm glad others realize Palin isn't the bubble headed bimbo she comes off as. It's been so long since she hasn't been 'in character', it's hard to recall she is a very intelligent and capable woman.

In fact, I haven't seen her out of character for her public image since well before McCain chose her as a Veep candidate. She came on the Glenn Beck show a couple times in her roll as Governor and relating to drilling issues. She came off then as a well reasoned and educated leader that had a solid grasp on the issues with confidence on her own ability.

Flash forward to McCain's recruiting effort and it's like adding water to a Ghia Pet, except instead of growing like magic, her intelligence appeared to shrink like a raisin. Damn good act but I can't forget the cold intelligence she has shown before there was a reason to play the half-wit.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Well, obviously that makes you a sexist. When we think Obama is a moron that automatically makes us racists.

Untrue, I can point to several broads who think I am not sexist.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Two questions.

1) Where is this footage of an intelligent Sara Palin? I have seen plenty of pre-McCain Palin footage, and it is just as bad or worse than the Katie Curic interview.

2) It seems you are entirely judging her by a "couple" times you saw her on Glenn Beck, where it was scripted and she was fed lines. So now you have seen her for over 5 years and you readily admit she is a dumb bimbo. What is more likely, the "couple times" you so her before was a fluke and she was well scripted, or for the past 5 years she has flawlessly played the role of Caribou Barbie?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Look, you're trolling and trying to pick a fight. I'm not biting or really up for it. Nothing gets accomplished and everyone ends up pissed..or lately...post banned. Too much of that recently.

To address your questions though, in a specific way. I told you I heard her come on his show. You'll have to take my word for it or don't. I can't recall the dates and there sure wouldn't be recordings on a website I can think of for his radio show at the time which she was also on before she became a big national face.

-

In a general way though...I don't know how Biden and many LIKE him have managed to remain in elected office in Congress. It's one of life's little mysteries because they all have a long video record from all kinds of things to show they really are this stupid over the long term record. HOWEVER....That isn't the case for Executive elected Office nearly as often. I won't say it can't happen...(Moonbeam is leading California isn't he??) but rare.

If they ARE complete idiots...their state implodes and they aren't people with political futures. Palin is playing an idiot because that plays and is attractive to the Bubba crowd almost no one else actually TRIES to reach in an open way, while not being SO far out of line to general Republicans as to lose their vote. It's a fine line to walk and I'll give her credit for playing it well.......I just don't appreciate anyone playing games at national leadership level during this very troubled period..

(Her public image since joining McCain almost mimics the Musket Mary character in Thousand Ways to Die #440, if anyone watches that show...it's almost absurd at times.)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Untrue, I can point to several broads who think I am not sexist.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Palin isn't an idiot. She got roped into a "Do you still beat your wife?" kind of questioning by Katy Curic that helped to torpedo her. I don't like or dislike Palin, but I've seen some interviews of her and she seems like a pretty smart lady.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I used to think she was an idiot but then I took a good look at what she's doing. Here is a woman from Alaska who has been a mayor and a 1/2 term Gov. ... THAT IS IT ... but look at the money she's bringing in. She's got herself a good schtick going. She isn't living off the tax payer by sucking welfare (good for us!) And with VERY little experience, she's got herself a steady income on a national level (good for her!) She may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree ... but she's kinda like the guy who invented that useless pet rock .. she found her niche and is bringing home the big $$$ while contributing next to nothing to society. It's the American dream.

Oh she is an idiot, she just happened to be smart enough to figure out that the morons would pay her to tell them her idiocy.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

That's just what ignorant neocon's say so they can remain in their denial that they supported an absolute moron and tried to raise her to the second highest position in the country. I mean we are talking a woman that was flat out ignorant with no working knowledge of the government works. I am sure she was skilled in corruption and taking money to let other people do her job, but that doesn't require any smarts.

Also, don't think it's just liberals, lefties and CENTRIST's. Conservatives and right leaning people with brains knew she was ignorant as well.

Ever see the movie Game Change? It will give you a little insight into how someone so stupid got into Palin's position and why they got stuck with her and had to spin it best they could. She is an egomaniac and she was convinced she way overstepped her place.

- Gary Johnson is the perfect people's candidate. I have to say this in every post I can because there are just a few days left.. Anyone who wants to have a voice and vote for an actual good person, vote Johnson.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

LOL.

"Why, that's a terrible thing. I don't know how many time I've told those boys, never call chicks broads."

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Oh man, I couldnt agree more. She is now nothing more than someone who stands on the sidelines and sometimes says or does something to get the press to turn in her direction. But she is a fad that I am glad has passed, at least as it relates to national level political office.

But on the other hand....Biden is not much less scary than she is. He is a better life insurance policy than Dan Quayle for the POTUS.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yup I am no lefty by any stretch.

But just about every libertarian was standing there in shock at what the GOP was doing to their ticket by selecting her.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yup I am no lefty by any stretch.

But just about every libertarian was standing there in shock at what the GOP was doing to their ticket by selecting her.

Her overall view was to yank the party to the most social conservatism possible before its officially called a theocracy. she had no actual economic outlook.
I watched a expose' on her in Alaska, Her election was basically against a guy talking about things like roads, com line improvement for snowy days, etc..aka, stuff that effects Alaska. She, having no real opinion, decided to make it all about abortions..thats it. even in debates about the economy she would do little more than zingers about abortion and she won (not sure how). But that was her thing..social conservatism 100%, no fiscal understanding...

I wonder about the people of Alaska..but nevermind.

Anyhow, I think she was more of an insult to a fiscal conservative whom felt their party had long since abandoned them and decided to court the crazys.

What scared me most was when she felt the war in Iraq was a directive directly from God to GWB.

This election, I am glad Romney will lose for one specific reason that I think transends party lines.

No Mitch, your top political priority -should have been- to help get the economy running smoothly again.

When politicians are so brazen to openly speak about how they aren't doing the will of the people, because they want to do the will of the party, a message must be sent.
If this was Pelosi, I would suggest then that all she wanted should crumble into dust for such a comment.
Yes, granted. both partys think this, and will jab and bite and pretend its not to sabotage the other party..but to come out and say it openly as if people stopped existing?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Right. Palin was a total tool.

RE: McConnel's statements....THAT'S what does it? All the other dirty stuff seen since 2001, and this is where the line is finally crossed?

No kidding it is brazen, and highlights everything wrong with party politics: loyalty to the party supercedes loyalty to the nation. But rather than vote for the "other party" again, why not just stop playing the game altogether?

I will, beginning this election, abstain from making a selection on the POTUS part of my voting card. My local things are important, especially this year. But I ust don't feel like giving my vote to legitimize this government. I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. So my vote will not be cast until someone has earned it. Like it SHOULD be.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

We comedians think she's a genius, in par with Romney.

Its been such a dry spell for political comedies, we really need to get RNC going on! Bush and Dick was such a fruitful pair for cracking jokes. So, please, more morons, mormons, as President!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
anyone who didnt think palin was a moron is probably a moron themselves

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
When Joe makes a gaffe, its a gaffe..you know what he meant and he simply let the mouth do the moving before the brain puts things in order.
When say, Romney or Ryan does a gaffe, it isn't really a gaffe verses an actual thought they didn't want people to hear (47%). There is a difference overall in substance.

This has got to be one of the biggest bull crap logic I have heard in a long time...

One thing with old Joe is he will lie right to your face making it sound so true, knowing he can get away with it. There is hardly a thing that isn't basically an outright bend of anything close to the truth that comes out of his mouth.

He is like the only person I have ever known that can outright lie that he graduated in the upper level of his law school class, and NEVER went to law school...lol

It is really hard to debate someone who is willing to say ANYTHING since the vast majority of the population will not care to fact check. He is an old experience politician that has used this tactic for a long time.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

So in essence you are saying he is a liar and lies and lies some more but you are not going to give us any specifics we should just trust you.

O-Kay

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sarah Palin was a perfect choice for the GOP and embodied their spirit and agenda perfectly; Just as Mitt and Ryan do today.

I'm just not sure surrealism is a proper framework for a political party!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Xtrozero

So in essence you are saying he is a liar and lies and lies some more but you are not going to give us any specifics we should just trust you.

O-Kay

Do some research...but hell....

Lie
edit on 1-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Everyone hates Palin, Rice though I'd vote for her in a minute!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join