It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incidently, we (liberals, left, and centerists) =still= think Sarah Palin is a moron

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So, over the years I was hearing how the reason why the left hammered on Palin was because they were scared of her..threatened, etc.

Well, its almost election time, and have you noticed a difference?
Ryan is a bright man. He is an actual threat..and there is no mudslinging in regards to his personality.
Why? because he is not a lunatic. He is of course giving some very disturbing views, but that is subjective (some people feel he gives great views).

So, is the right ready to call a spade a spade and admit now that Palin sunk the McCain campaign and dumbed down the entire right for awhile? Will you finally admit that it wasn't fear or whatever but an actual real bad choice and dangerously so for her to be potential VP?

Just felt like rehashing this old topic....mostly to see if any of the former rabid palin fans have come around to reality yet. Your ticket now is strong, intelligent, crazy of course, but not an embarassment this time around.

Or...do you think Palin is equal to Ryan? There are probably some out there that still think Palin was amazing and totally not the reason why McCain sunk so incredibly bad...
If it was Romney/Palin, would the ticket be stronger?

Just so you are not thinking I am being sexist, let me show you a strong republican woman:

This woman here, if she can shake off the bush taint, could very well be the POTUS.

Hillary? I don't think so. I like her, but fully admit she is hard to like unless your on the same page.

So
Say it. SAY IT! She was an idiot and the left, when they laughed at her, was not scared..they were amused.
Once you admit the problem, you can solve it and move on.

(this is political madness, but I could also see it being moved into the humor forum simply out of what a joke it is overall)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I still think the right threw that election from the word go.
Palin was just the nail in the coffin.
The agenda marches on.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hey, If I were American and I had a choice between some guy who wants to cut funding to education or some chick who can Russia from her house...man the choice is obvious

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
The agenda marches on.

The thinking mans theory is that the Reps tossed the election once they seen the economy tanking.
Even of Jesus H Christ/Gandalf took over, bad times were definately ahead, so, let the opposite side sit in the drivers chair while it crashed, then come back in the seat and point out the damage.

This is of course seeing the world as a giant orchistrated conspiracy mind you.
What I don't see though is them throwing this election cycle considering again, no matter who is on the ticket, the economy will improve..so who wouldn't want to be part of that football spiking moment..but ya, I could buy into the throwing of the 08 election.

Pity that, McCain circa 2000 was a pretty good guy. They murdered him, replaced a drone, and then added Silly McBabble as his sidekick. Would have rather seen Rmoney being used like that and have McCain have this years cycle with an actual credible ticket.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I used to think she was an idiot but then I took a good look at what she's doing. Here is a woman from Alaska who has been a mayor and a 1/2 term Gov. ... THAT IS IT ... but look at the money she's bringing in. She's got herself a good schtick going. She isn't living off the tax payer by sucking welfare (good for us!) And with VERY little experience, she's got herself a steady income on a national level (good for her!) She may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree ... but she's kinda like the guy who invented that useless pet rock .. she found her niche and is bringing home the big $$$ while contributing next to nothing to society. It's the American dream.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
let me start by saying YES, she is a moron. but big deal.............almost every politician in washington is complete disgrace on both sides. a bunch of jokes really.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Honestly I think the Romney/Ryan ticket has shown (to me at least) some mysoginy in covering politicians. Both of them sometimes give wordsaladfreeassociation-non-answers that are equal to "all of them, katie"
I think they only get away with them because they are white dudes.

Romney: "We will say we are sorry, but we won't apologize"
Ryan: " I voted that way before the budget, I voted that way after the budget. So when you repeal all of Obamacare what you end up doing is that repeals that as well. In our budget we’ve restored a lot of that. It gets a little wonky but it was already in the baseline. We would never have done it in the first place. We voted to repeal the whole bill."

are 2 that I don't have to do too much googling to find. there are others.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I miss Palin like I miss Herman Cain... they were great material for The Daily Show, Colbert Report and SNL spoofs.

Ryan's problem is bad PR moves.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nothing else to talk about in the news today?? A Palin Thread?

Palin has found her niche. She is great at rallies, she's a good motivator, a good fund raiser and that's all she will ever be. The media destroyed her and were more concerned with her buying a used tanning bed, her daughter's love life and her son Trig, than vetting candidate Obama in a proper and thorough manner.

She was deliberately turned into a distraction... No VP running mate is ever perfect... Sure she said some offbeat stuff but look at the crap that has creeped out of Biden's mouth since the 2008 campaign.

Whatever... Back to the Benghazi cover up....and potential voting problems in Ohio.... We are about to face a provisional ballot problem in Ohio next Tuesday that could delay the official Ohio election results for 10 days...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I used to think she was an idiot but then I took a good look at what she's doing. Here is a woman from Alaska who has been a mayor and a 1/2 term Gov. ... THAT IS IT ... but look at the money she's bringing in. She's got herself a good schtick going. She isn't living off the tax payer by sucking welfare (good for us!) And with VERY little experience, she's got herself a steady income on a national level (good for her!) She may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree ... but she's kinda like the guy who invented that useless pet rock .. she found her niche and is bringing home the big $$$ while contributing next to nothing to society. It's the American dream.

Oh, no doubt for her it was a outstanding success. And in a weird way, she earned it. A bit of a ditz but with ambition and a good family to support her. She is indeed living the dream and I wish only the best for her personally.
My offense came when they wanted to put her a heartbeat away from being able to declare war based on whatever is going on in her mind. That is scary, and its not her fault, its whomever decided that she would represent both the right and women without doing any actual investigation into her, or even more unnerving, doing investigating and deciding she works great.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
1. McCain was the reason that election was a lost cause, not Palin. John McCain is a two faced RINO, nothing more. The core of conservative voters recognize this fact. Further, the Right was gung ho to defeat Hillary... when Obama came out ahead of Hillary, they didn't have a workable game plan.

2. Palin is not a dummy. She's a shrewd businesswoman who has managed to portray an image which made her more money. I personally believe she's right up there alongside Bill Clinton and Dick Cheney in regards to mental calculations and scheming... but she presents herself carefully in a manner which maximizes her brand. I believe she used politics to jumpstart her way to television and has no serious political aspirations... it is all about the money and the fame.

3. When we are discussing apparently idiot veeps and their abillity to be the downfall of a campaign, we need to look no further than Joe Biden. Again, I see Biden a bit differently, as I believe his functional mentally handicapped routine is entirely an act, but it certainly didn't bring Obama down in 2008.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I was getting ready to slam you until I read your opinion of Condi Rice. I have to agree with you there. Right before the Democratic Convention in 2008, I got a phone call from somebody who said that they were conducting a poll. I was asked if I planned on voting for Obama? When I said no, she asked if I was racist? She then asked me if I planned on voting for Mrs. Clinton? When I said no, she got all bent out of shape and called me a sexist. I then said "Look if Condi Rice was running, I would go out and help campaign for her!" I hung up when I heard her making choking sounds.

I have nothing against Palin. I believe that she was a victim of character assassination by the MSM, the Dems and some in her own party.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
I miss Palin like I miss Herman Cain... they were great material for The Daily Show, Colbert Report and SNL spoofs.

Ryan's problem is bad PR moves.

Cain is awesome since he lost the nomination. His stuff on the daily show is classic, and he seems to almost be an honest guy. Not fully honest mind you, but honest compared to Romney.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

By Republican standards she was pretty intelligent

TuShea!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
The agenda marches on.

First the Clinton camp backed off during the primary and was rapidly followed by the Collapse of the McCain campaign and their fear of going after Obama. The GOP is still afraid to go for the jugular that is staring them in the face.... They are just hoping Obama does himself in so they don't have to get dirty... So far he's doing a damn good job. Now we just have to get the MSM to actually report on it..

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

edit on 1-11-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
3. When we are discussing apparently idiot veeps and their abillity to be the downfall of a campaign, we need to look no further than Joe Biden. Again, I see Biden a bit differently, as I believe his functional mentally handicapped routine is entirely an act, but it certainly didn't bring Obama down in 2008.

And yet that moronic social retard beat the snot out of Ryan in the debate. Doesn't say much for Ryan imo.

But overall I don't fully disagree. Biden has a rough personality. I like jedi eloquence over pound the fist on the podium debates...but..but...
When Joe makes a gaffe, its a gaffe..you know what he meant and he simply let the mouth do the moving before the brain puts things in order.
When say, Romney or Ryan does a gaffe, it isn't really a gaffe verses an actual thought they didn't want people to hear (47%). There is a difference overall in substance.

Again, not a super fan of his style, but I don't see him as stupid at all..anyone whom views him as stupid because he talks faster than his grammar brain cell ticks in is setting themselves up for a rude surprise.
Palin realized this in 08
Ryan realized this in 12

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

I was getting ready to slam you until I read your opinion of Condi Rice. I have to agree with you there. Right before the Democratic Convention in 2008, I got a phone call from somebody who said that they were conducting a poll. I was asked if I planned on voting for Obama? When I said no, she asked if I was racist? She then asked me if I planned on voting for Mrs. Clinton? When I said no, she got all bent out of shape and called me a sexist. I then said "Look if Condi Rice was running, I would go out and help campaign for her!" I hung up when I heard her making choking sounds.

I have nothing against Palin. I believe that she was a victim of character assassination by the MSM, the Dems and some in her own party.

Yes, substance. Personally I don't care if its a purple hermaphrodite whom is running. If their ideas and ideals seem rational, logical, and has a plan, I will cheer that person on.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So she is on the same level as Snooki, not something to brag about.

Still, the lady is an idiot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join