It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy, Stupid...People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

do you know that an intelligent mind breeds judgement which leads to delusion???

Cmon guys..... it was a rant. Stop being so critical about it.....she was "high" on emotion and wanted to blow it off with a little rant.

I agree with her.... might have used different words is all.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
A grocery store manager recently told me that he's witnessing some frightening things of late. He's worked at the same store for years. He said there's always been a sort of 'unwritten law' regarding pedestrians and motorists. Because it's a parking lot, motorists will drive very slow. (obviously) If someone is backing out or pulling into a parking space, and there are pedestrians approaching, the pedestrians will usually wait the 4-5 seconds it takes for the driver to park or back out.

He said more and more pedestrians now stop in the path of the cars, or walk directly into the path of the cars. Even though the cars are going extremely slow, people are getting injured. (the injuries are usually minor, and they're usually from the pedestrian falling) I asked the manager if these people are trying to perpetrate insurance scams or lawsuits.

He said "I've seen it happen a lot, and it's convinced me that these people aren't trying to pull a scam. they aren't
distracted, talking on cell phones or whatever. They are just that stupid. They are literally that stupid. They are not smart enough to know that you don't walk into the path of a moving vehicle."

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by AccessDenied

Television virtual saviour,
it's a vision for all man kind,
They found a new drug that might just save ya,
Stops you thinking,
Well never mind.
This is the lyrics to a James song called stand.
Fitting I think!

glen200376 I have performed a search for these lyrics and the song.. and cannot seem to find anything about it. Couldn't find the song on any of their discography either (James, the British rock band, yes?). I enjoy music with lyrics; lyrics that are intelligent, diverse and relatable.. I would love to hear this song.

On an unrelated note, apparently most web browser spell-checker's do not like the word "relatable".

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
I would have to blame it on technology, not many people know how to sit down and have a conversation w/o whipping out an iphone or tablet. I'm not one to sit down and have a conversation either but that's simply because I just don't care what anyone has to say or maybe like you say, people are just dumbed down and I can't relate to them.

Peace.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Wheelindiehl because: (no reason given)

I can't say that I would personally blame technology as a broad culprit, as I myself am guilty as one of "those people" that whip out a radiation emitting device every few minutes...
and I can honestly say that I probably spend a good eighth of my day, surfing the web. But most of what I do online does enhance my brain, and teach me new things.

I can also honestly say however, that I watch about one hour of television per month. I agree with the poster that brought up televised ads... can you imagine how much smarter a society we would be, if every person hearing a repeated ad, one they had heard before- turned off the whatever and took that thirty seconds to learn something new?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I've been tempted to get rid of the cable, however I find some gems from time to time...

Whenever History channel buckles down and puts on documentaries like

World War 2 in HD

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

America The Story of Us

Hillbilly

The Story of Mankind

And of course every forensic, cold case show on True Tv......I'll watch.

I used to be a huge fan of Lonley Planet on the Travel Channel.....but now its always the Worlds best crap..........

Lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

I've been tempted to get rid of the cable, however I find some gems from time to time...

Whenever History channel buckles down and puts on documentaries like

World War 2 in HD

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

America The Story of Us

Hillbilly

The Story of Mankind

And of course every forensic, cold case show on True Tv......I'll watch.

I used to be a huge fan of Lonley Planet on the Travel Channel.....but now its always the Worlds best crap..........

Lol.

Get rid of cable TV and HULU, Netflix and Youtube the rest! You will thank me later!

No comment on the Avatar?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Lmao.....I forgot to mention about that......

Yeah I'm a guy......my names Mark btw, I only look like that on the weekends.....

JK.......lol

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Get rid of cable TV and HULU, Netflix and Youtube the rest! You will thank me later!

+1. Can definitely agree here, you'd be surprised. Youtube (assuming you are able to paw through the rest of the scum on there) holds a bucketload of goodies. Everything... you can learn Calculus II in a few days on their if you go at it correctly...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yubiaden

Its actually a b side of getting away with it(all messed up).if you go to their unofficial fan site(egoiste.co.uk)& register,you can then go to the shared files repository and download lots of b sides,bootleg concerts etc.
Not sure if I can upload an mp3 to ATS media and I'm on my android so not too sure.
If you like p.m. me an email address and I'll attach it to an email.
Another good james song is 'hey ma' its an anti Iraq/ Afghan war song about the boys coming home in body bags.
egoiste.co.uk is well worth a look,the live concerts give you a good variety of songs from the 30 years of james.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
We need James Cameron to raise the Bar!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Thanks for the link to this great resource! The piano is beautiful, and the lyrics are great. Also feels good to take a break from the Industrial scene..
I'll be taking a look at the rest of their stuff (they are GREAT live!).

Er- back to the stupid people?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by yubiaden

No problem,enjoy.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by deepankarm

do you know that an intelligent mind breeds judgement which leads to delusion???

Cmon guys..... it was a rant. Stop being so critical about it.....she was "high" on emotion and wanted to blow it off with a little rant.

I agree with her.... might have used different words is all.

Oh yes..I could have been more politically correct. After all, why be a hypocrite and only raise the bar for others and not myself? Yeah, I was letting off more steam than a boiling tea kettle.

If being intelligent breeds judgement which leads to delusion...then I for one welcome it. I'm not alone in judging others, and if it leads me to the delusion that if at least in my head I can create a better world through knowledge than that is better than creating the opposite through being ignorant.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Doesn't anyone else feel like they have to dumb themselves down to talk to most people nowadays or else they look at you like you just vomited a quantum mechanical equation?

/Rant off

Totally agree with this. It really disgusts me that most people don't care. Even if you do care, they drag you to their ways quite comfortably. Its just a matter of time before we become one of them.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by kat2684

Garbage in Garbage out! I threw away the cable months and months ago nothing but junk worse then the Networks!

Nice avatar btw but I am betting your a dude! LOL

Trust me she's all woman i should know lol

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OMG I agree!!

I get so frustrated with it. Common sense is LOST and it's sad. I have actually told people I will not dumb myself down for them and then they get offended. Well too bad! People just don't think anymore and want everything handed to them and they want everyone to hold their hand and tell them what they should and shouldn't do.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

For example, even tho this is a conspiracy site, people from ATS are definitely more aware of our world(whether the conspiracy is true or not).

There is millions of people that take NEWS LITERALLY! They think there is a burning car and people running around with protest signs in Iran 24/7.

I try to say something that is more socially accepted when i'm among the "normal" people.

We are just more knowledgeable, whether something is true or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You forgot Honey Boo Boo, The Kardashians, Jersey Shore and Bad Girls Club.

I can't stand ANY of those shows and they show the stupidity of Americans. It amazes me that people love these shows when they are the epitome of trash and stupidity. These people are "famous" for being stupid! When did we start rewarding stupidity?!

;D

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I can't stand soaps as we call them in england, everyone is so wrapped up in sitcoms and such
they seem oblivious about what's going on around them.So long as charlies got his football and
sallys got her soaps to watch they wouldn't know what or care what happens other than the same
sh!t different day routine..

Wake up sally and charlies of this world get off ebay and join my favourite
site ATS and learn something new ..

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by gortex

You forgot Honey Boo Boo, The Kardashians, Jersey Shore and Bad Girls Club.

I can't stand ANY of those shows and they show the stupidity of Americans. It amazes me that people love these shows when they are the epitome of trash and stupidity. These people are "famous" for being stupid! When did we start rewarding stupidity?!

;D
We got them over the uk too and people are glued to the tv in awe over them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join