It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday's Solar Storm Reveals Spherical Object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This pic was taken from a 24-hour time lapse video of a solar storm that occurred yesterday. What you will see is an amazing plasma vortex (tornado) to a height of about 80000 kilometers. These images are from NASA and taken from the satellite instrument AIA SDO (Solar Dynamic Observatory). At :15, take a look at the shape that appears at the furthermost tip of the vortex. It lingers for the duration of the video. Of course this could be a natural phenomena but its unusual in appearance and movement.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Extraordinary thanks for sharing OP.
The sun is truly an amazing neighbour.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
80,000km tall tornado?

Hope one of those don't head our way.

Can you imagine the entire planet being in the path of a giant plasma tornado?

edit on 11/1/1212 by kryton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Someone else got a similar shot earlier this year. I think the whole thing gets drawn back into the Sun.

cropcirclewisdom.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is weird. One happened on March 11 2012 and another one yesterday. I wonder if it happens a lot and we just now are catching it on video. I hope some one can explain what it is.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
that looks like the 'eye' of the tornado [vortex] as if it had turned and headed for earth.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
This is weird. One happened on March 11 2012 and another one yesterday. I wonder if it happens a lot and we just now are catching it on video. I hope some one can explain what it is.

This should explain it for you,

metabunk.org...

It's a bit like looking down into a tube.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The black sphere is a transitory cavity in the solar plasma field, known as a coronal prominence cavity, or polar crown cavity. Often associated with Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs). This does appear to be a quite interesting one, with attached vortex. But that's all it is. Not a giant space ship sucking fuel from the sun.

Thanks for the info Smurfy. Looks like we should expect to see many more of these from future CMEs.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My theory is that these craft might be extracting hydrogen for fuel. Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
My theory is that these craft might be extracting hydrogen for fuel. Any thoughts?

which crafts man

were u serious?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes

Nothing to worry about.

Just some guy refueling their space craft. Just a small one at that.

top topics

join