Why Do People Believe It Is Their 'Right' To Have Children?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
According to a 1968 proclamation of the International Conference on Human Rights, "Parents have a basic human right to determine freely and responsibly the number and the spacing of their children."

What is 'responsibly' in relation to bringing a life into this world?

Shouldnt we have a more organized society? Humans dont have survival of the fittest to keep us on track. How can the human race go forward? Medicine is not to blame but a sentimental society. Animals will eat the runt of the litter for a reason. What kind of life can a runt lead even if it does manage to survive?

A society should be about more than an individual. Why should unemployed people be allowed to have children? Because they want to?

It doesnt make sense under capitalism. Why should people in a capitalist society that cannot give their child every advantage be able to have children?

Why should the poor and middle class people get to have children? Middle Class people are bringing children into a world where there children are at a disadvantage.

Shouldnt we as a society want the very best for every life that enters our world?

Capitalism is a competition. Why bring someone into the world that wont be able to recieve the best education and healthcare? It just makes no sense to me. A human life should have every opportunity to succeed. Who wants to be born middle class?

And why do people think its a bad thing for China to limit the amount of children that are brought into the world? China has to be sensible about how they run and protect their country. China has a problem with overpopulation. It is only sensible that they adress this issue with population control. The crazy thing about China is they allow people in rural areas to breed. They obviously want a peasant class for now. They are also pretty lax about the whole thing in many ways. If you are rich enough you can pay fines but they do keep control tight within certain sections of their society for certain reasons still even though they are moving away from forced abortions.

Chinese people dont have the right to hurt their society and its plan by having children. I think this is sensible.

Isnt it time the western nations considered regulating who can and cannot have children? Is everone capable of determining if their decision to bring life into this world is responsible? It seems to me that the human race is on track for continued devolution.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Because I'm the boss of me? I understand your point, but...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ummm....

I'm middle class, brought up middle class as were my parents. Take out the middle class by taking away the population and there are no workers. Who would make your clothes, work in the shipping yards, mow your lawn, make your cars, you get the idea.

Don't bash my middle class kids! They will have something to offer the world even if they don't make millions.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Because I'm the boss of me? I understand your point, but...

Yeah, I know what you mean. A little out there hey?

And it wont appeal to libertarians is for sure.

I think population control could be a good thing though.

link   
First off, every runt puppy I've ever had, has been the best dog. Can't speak for other animals.
Second, I was born lower middle class. Nothing wrong with it. Very happy childhood.
So only the rich can have kids?

Sorry

link   
Aren't you glad YOUR parents didn't follow this line of thinking?

link   
reply to post by GaiusMarius

You do know that the Chinese medical system requires doctors to abort an "unauthorized" fetus While its being born, THAT'S why people in the west and America criticize China for the one child policy. No way that can be justified in any civilized society. Also, China's one child policy has had the unexpected consequence of causing China's elderly population to spike. In about fifteen years, the old will make up about 1/3 of China's population. That is predicted to have major negative repercussions in the Chinese economy, to the point that China has a good chance of replicating Japan's lost decade.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Antonio1 because: added more information

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Ummm....

I'm middle class, brought up middle class as were my parents. Take out the middle class by taking away the population and there are no workers. Who would make your clothes, work in the shipping yards, mow your lawn, make your cars, you get the idea.

Don't bash my middle class kids! They will have something to offer the world even if they don't make millions.

I guess. Its not so bad being a worker in some ways. The world does need slaves.
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antonio1

You do know that the Chinese medical system requires doctors to abort an "unauthorized" fetus While its being born, THAT'S why people in the west and America criticize China for the one child policy. No way that can be justified in any civilized society.

The Chinese public dont endorse this either. That is why they have banned forced abortion officially apparently.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Individual human sovereignty from God (or nature for the Atheists) dictates that human beings have the natural right to reproduce. To say otherwise implies that some men have the authority to dictate to others, and that authority derived from some other source than other men, but as far as God/nature is concerned all men are created equal. Only men give other men power and authority, or men take that authority from weaker men. To counter your question... Why do some people believe it is their 'Right' to tell other people that they can't have children?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
why do you think they distribute these [for free] ...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaiusMarius
...I think population control could be a good thing though.

It just seems as if it would be a good idea. I believe you mean well, Gaius, but bureaucracies have no "soul" and things always get mucked up.

We got problems, yes, but a New World Order ain't gonna fix 'em.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Aren't you glad YOUR parents didn't follow this line of thinking?

No. I am an absurdist. I also believe in seppuku.

I cant kill myself because it would hurt my family.

I honestly think society and the masses are a lost cause and I dont want to live amongst you. Most of you disgust me.

But my family would be hurt by me killing myself and I love them. I have a brother, sisters and parents. I wouldnt do that to them.

edit- not that an adsurdist believes in killing themselves.Im like an offshoot or something. I feel like an absurdist since I cant kill myself even though I think it makes sense.
edit on 1-11-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Antonio1

Maybe not for very long.

A Chinese government think tank is urging the country's leaders to start phasing out its unpopular one-child policy immediately and allow two children for every family in the country by 2015.

behindthewall.nbcnews.com...
edit on 1-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I agree with the basic question but not necessarily with your reasons.

If you choose to reproduce please be sure you can support your offspring. My god those people who have children then run to the welfare office the next day make me sick!

Why should my taxes go to support your children?
edit on 1-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
why do you think they distribute these [for free] ...

I wish more people would use them.

The people that shouldnt breed seem to be breeding the most.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Key word being "officially". From what I hear, its still done by a lot of corrupt doctors. And they still force women to have abortions, just earlier in the pregnancy.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Antonio1

Maybe not for very long.

A Chinese government think tank is urging the country's leaders to start phasing out its unpopular one-child policy immediately and allow two children for every family in the country by 2015.

[url=http://behindthewall.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/31/14830050-chinese-government-think-tank-urges-end-to-unpopular-one-child-policy?lite]Source[/url ]
edit on 1-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

I dont think its as urgent a problem now since it has done the job. And public opinion in China is for change.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaiusMarius
I honestly think society and the masses are a lost cause and I dont want to live amongst you. Most of you disgust me.

Ahhh...now we get to the root of the problem. Things are tough all over, brother, but there are still a LOT of good folk in this world. Children--no matter their pedigree--are some of the finest.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antonio1

Key word being "officially". From what I hear, its still done by a lot of corrupt doctors. And they still force women to have abortions, just earlier in the pregnancy.

I read that too. Google has that covered.
Couldnt miss it.

Evil China.

I am glad they are listening to the people and moving away from forced abortion.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant