It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Instructional Design of Truth - Denying Ignore(ance). Stop Ignoring Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Ignore(ance) is ignoring truth. What is truth you ask? How do you deny Ignorance?

Lection 90 - Gospel of the Nazarines (The Holy Twelve)

1. AGAIN the twelve were gathered together in the Circle of palm trees, and one of them even Thomas said to the other, What is Truth? for the same things appear different to different minds, and even to the same mind at different times. What, then, is Truth?
2. And as they were speaking Iesus appeared in their midst and said, Truth, one and absolute, is in God alone, for no man, neither any body of men, knoweth that which God alone knoweth, who is the All in All.. To men is Truth revealed, according to their capacity to understand and receive.
3. The One Truth hath many sides, and one seeth one side only, another seeth another, and some see more than others, according as it is given to them.
4. Behold this crystal: how the one light its manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.
5. Behold again, When one climbeth a mountain and attaining one height, he saith, This is the top of the mountain, let us reach it, and when they have reached that height, lo, they see another beyond it until they come to that height from which no other height is to be seen, if so be they can attain it.
6. So it is with Truth. I am the Truth and the Way and the Life, and have given to you the Truth I have received from above. And that which is seen and received by one, is not seen and received by another. That which appeareth true to some, seemeth not true to others. They who are in the valley see not as they who are on the hill top.
7. But to each, it is the Truth as the one mind seeth it, and for that time, till a higher Truth shall be revealed unto the same: and to the soul which receiveth higher light, shall be given more light. Wherefore condemn not others, that ye be not condemned.
8. As ye keep the holy Law of Love, which I have given unto you, so shall the Truth be revealed more and more unto you, and the Spirit of Truth which cometh from above shall guide you, albeit through many wanderings, into all Truth, even as the fiery cloud guided the children of Israel through the wilderness.
9. Be faithful to the light ye have, till a higher light is given to you. Seek more light, and ye shall have abundantly; rest not, till ye find.
10. God giveth you all Truth, as a ladder with many steps, for the salvation and perfection of the soul, and the truth which seemeth to day, ye will abandon for the higher truth of the morrow. Press ye unto Perfection.
11. Whoso keepeth the holy Law which I have given, the same shall save their souls, however differently they may see the truths which I have given.
12. Many shall say unto me, Lord, Lord, we have been zealous for thy Truth. But I shall say unto them, Nay, but, that others may see as ye see, and none other truth beside. Faith without charity is dead. Love is the fulfilling of the Law.
13. How shall faith in what they receive profit them that hold it in unrighteousness? They who have love have all things, and without love there is nothing worth. Let each hold what they see to be the truth in love, knowing that where love is not, truth is a dead letter and profiteth nothing.
14. There abide Goodness, and Truth, and Beauty, but the greatest of these is Goodness. If any have hatred to their fellows, and harden their hearts to the creatures of God’s hands, how can they see Truth unto salvation, seeing their eyes are blinded and their hearts are hardened to God’s creation?
15. As I have reveived the Truth, so have I given it to you. Let each receive it according to their light and ability to understand, and persecute not those who receive it after a different interpretation.
16. For Truth is the Might of God, and it shall prevail in the end over all errors. But the holy Law which I have given is plain for all, and just and good. Let all observe it for the salvation of their souls.

--------------------

Don't miss the central point:

11. Whoso keepeth the holy Law which I have given, the same shall save their souls, however differently they may see the truths which I have given.

The law is love. Love God and love others. Truth is very simple, yet hard to move into action and thought. Faith makes things possible, not easy.

edit on 1-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

...Pics or it didn't happen. I see no evidence here, all I see is you making a lot of claims and demanding that we believe it or we're all idiots.

Nice strategy, but a little outdated. I think it went out of style with the Roman Empire, if I remember correctly.

Faith makes things possible, not easy.

Kind of like unicorns and leprechauns. There's a reason we use logic and fact. Otherwise, we can believe anything. People die for stuff like that... i.e. jumping off buildings because I HAVE FAITH I CAN FLY!!!!

edit on 1-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

3. The One Truth hath many sides, and one seeth one side only, another seeth another, and some see more than others, according as it is given to them.
4. Behold this crystal: how the one light its manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.

Exactly. Each of us will see things, and get there, in our own time, and in our own way. I think this is the most important thing.

Later he (reportedly) said:

God giveth you all Truth, as a ladder with many steps, for the salvation and perfection of the soul, and the truth which seemeth to day, ye will abandon for the higher truth of the morrow. Press ye unto Perfection.

So.....what seems right and true to a person, so long as he holds Love above all, is just find and dandy. We each grow at our own pace, and embrace what the Light Within shows to us, individually. Therefore, we must not condemn others for not believing our way is the right way.

Thanks for this, Ed.!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What if "our way", as applied to each person individually, addresses what we want but not what we need? We are forever mistaking what we want for what we need, and then seeking what we need but only finding what we want, which is the reason we need what we need but continue to only seek what we want, further exacerbating the issue.

Does this make sense?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

What if "our way", as applied to each person individually, addresses what we want but not what we need? We are forever mistaking what we want for what we need, and then seeking what we need but only finding what we want, which is the reason we need what we need but continue to only seek what we want, further exacerbating the issue.

Does this make sense?

It's the will. If we take what we need, we are thieves. If we receive what we get, we are in God's will. If you do not receive what you want, then God hasn't given it and we never needed it in the first place. Instead, we suffer to give to others. What we give is then given back in multiples. You can only give a gift you earned and you can only receive a gift earned or received by another. God gives as well and we can give to God. Taking places us in our own will and not within God's will of life.

When Christ said he was the way, the truth and the life, he was referring to the way seen by Eastern tradition and the truth see by Western tradition. This is the duality of right and left, up and down and the spiral of the golden ratio expressed by yin and yang. If we take, we express the downward spiral of ignorance and death. If we give, we experience the upward spiral of peace and love. Most importantly, understanding comes from giving.

This is simple to express into reality with daily living. Giving requires us to suffer what we give. Suffering first produces reward because what we produce gets given to others. Work a job and feed your family. As a byproduct, you eat as well. Smoke and you get cancer. All rewards that are taken produce debt. The thief suffers at his own hands. We light the fire we burn by. We also light the fire that is the light on the path for others. Which one takes and which one gives?

It can't go without saying that Christ Jesus is this light unto mankind. Israel failed to express this light and the "Experts" became thieves. God rectified this and brought Himself into view of all men by example. Oddly enough, he was the light Israel then expresses into the world as the kinsman of all humanity.

There is no other way to God other than this light.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Kind of like unicorns and leprechauns. There's a reason we use logic and fact. Otherwise, we can believe anything. People die for stuff like that... i.e. jumping off buildings because I HAVE FAITH I CAN FLY!!!!

You are speaking of ignorance and not faith. Faith works by understanding and understanding can only come from the spiral upward toward our source. Law governs gravity and ignorance can only jump toward the downward spiral. Faith is freedom from the law and the law is simply the guardian holding us back from jumping too soon. While the law holds us in custody as thieves, faith frees us through justification. When we are free from the law, we are no longer thieves. Law has no restrictions over us if we fulfill the law with love. As long as we are here in this place, we are all under the guardian pushing us toward involution. Spiritually (Esoterically) speaking, we are free. Law is not needed when the Law of One is followed.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What we give is then given back in multiples.

It states that whatever energy a person puts out into the world, be it positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times. Some subscribe to a variant of this law in which return is not necessarily threefold.

en.wikipedia.org...

When Christ said he was the way, the truth and the life, he was referring to the way seen by Eastern tradition and the truth see by Western tradition.

According to whom?

If we take, we express the downward spiral of ignorance and death. If we give, we experience the upward spiral of peace and love. Most importantly, understanding comes from giving.

It is impossible to give without taking, and equally impossible to take without giving.

There is no other way to God other than this light.

What light?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

We are forever mistaking what we want for what we need, and then seeking what we need but only finding what we want, which is the reason we need what we need but continue to only seek what we want, further exacerbating the issue.

Does this make sense?

Uhhh.....ermm.....let me read it again.
"We are forever mistaking what we want for what we need." Okaaaay.., I can go along with that. Hopefully, wisdom tempers that, but yes, for the sake of this dialogue, we'll go with it.

"And then seeking what we need" Okay
"but only finding what we want" Hmmm. Not sure I go along with this. Sometimes we have to deal with pretty painful discoveries...
"which is the reason we need what we need" Losing me.....erm....I guess you mean because we only "find what we want", so we continue to need?
"but continue to only seek what we want."
No, I don't go along with that. I think if the person is really, truly seeking, they will be willing to hurt a while to get there...remember back in the 80s the pop slogan, "No pain, no gain"? (Maybe not, I don't know your age) People eventually (some of them) figure out that what they wanted isn't working...and some go on to let what they "wanted" to believe go, so that they can find some peace (what they REALLY need).
"further exacerbating the issue."

I'm sorry.
You lost me with that one. I guess you're saying people are looking the wrong direction. That may be. But I think that if someone is GENUINELY driven and committed to discovering their best understanding of the Truth, no matter how much it grates on what they WANT to believe, they can find it. Takes guts, and perseverance, and tireless study and questioning and thought, but, it's not that rare for people to say, "Screw this. It ain't working. I'ma try a different way."

I think the frailty of faith that causes a person to refuse to even LOOK at other interpretations or life-styles or options or schools of thought, but doggedly pursues the one angle they "like" the best (including dissing others along the way and beating them about the head and shoulders with it) is perhaps the exacerbation agent.
Maybe?

I don't know, dude.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

No, I don't go along with that. I think if the person is really, truly seeking, they will be willing to hurt a while to get there...remember back in the 80s the pop slogan, "No pain, no gain"? (Maybe not, I don't know your age)

Regardless of my age, I am familiar with it. Unfortunately, many take that pain as a sign they are going in the wrong direction. After all, life is about having fun, not getting hurt, right?

You were getting there, Wild.
We mistake what we want for what we need. Then we chase what we want because we think that's what we need. And because we're mistakenly chasing what we want, we CONTINUE to need. And when we find what we need, we ignore it because that isn't what we want.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

...Pics or it didn't happen. I see no evidence here, all I see is you making a lot of claims and demanding that we believe it or we're all idiots.

Nice strategy, but a little outdated. I think it went out of style with the Roman Empire, if I remember correctly.

The light is not the revealing aspect of perception. The light only reveals what it hits. We see the object as it expresses itself, but this in no way determines the nature of the light. Light contains the potential for revealing it all. The value in seeing beyond the actual is knowing what is hidden right in front of you. Metacognition is knowing what you know, but beyond this, it's engaging what is already there. The words I outlined only reflect what is already written on the heart. The origin of the words is not significant.

As I point out, ignorance is ignoring the light, not what it is reflected from to perception. Truth is not in the words, it's in your heart. Denying this is no the fault of the light or the image we see it by.

We can see truth in anything if light is involved.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And when we find what we need, we ignore it because that isn't what we want.

Some people believe that "need" is the driving force behind counterproductive behaviors. We have emptinesses, and don't know where to turn.

When we get what we "thought" was what we needed, if it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't, and so we keep looking.

I think it takes some deep insight and tenacity to go into the scary unknown, but people do it every day.

I'm a little tired today, not on my game so much. I'll think about these things, though (haha! like I have a choice! it seems to be front and center in my mind quite often during every waking period!)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You are talking without talking. I can use all manner of verbs, nouns and adjectives, make a complete sentence, construct a full paragraph out of those complete sentences... and still not say a damn thing. Just like you.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It is impossible to give without taking, and equally impossible to take without giving.

If I work a job, I suffer what is earned. I then give this to my family. Taking is an option. I can take from others and then give to my family, but in this case a debt is removed from another person who first earned it. This makes me a thief. Taking is not permissible by God's law, yet we are all thieves. On the level of our own reality as thieves, we make the choice to remove the debt by the name of Christ. It's impossible for us to do it ourselves. Only in this sense are you correct, yet Christ gives it as a gift. We can refuse the gift.

I can receive a gift from someone and this is not taking the gift. There is a difference. What I receive can be passed on to others. The person giving the gift first earned it or took it. If they earned it, then taking is not necessary.

In either case, being a thief is not necessary and not the point. Love can only give and / or receive. What is earned or received must then be given away or we are taking it as a thief. Nature demonstrates this by never taking anything that does not then give back again.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

This thread is a nice gesture, but ultimately worthless. You get a C- for effort.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You are talking without talking. I can use all manner of verbs, nouns and adjectives, make a complete sentence, construct a full paragraph out of those complete sentences... and still not say a damn thing. Just like you.

If you offer a child (1 years old) a choice between a dime or a nickle, they only see the difference by size. If you offer the same choice to someone who is older, they see the value. You are not seeing the value in my words, yet the value is there. This demonstrates the OP and words of the passage quoted.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This thread is a nice gesture, but ultimately worthless. You get a C- for effort.

Bias, condescension and anger all reside in the downward spiral. Light can only reveal what it hits.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Light can only reveal what it hits.

So you make yourself sound more credible by speaking the way you imagine a prophet would? Short phrases that sound like they should mean something but really mean nothing except to the person who decides to decrypt it, in which case you nod along and say, "The lord sent it to me!"

Nice scam.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If you offer a child (1 years old) a choice between a dime or a nickle, they only see the difference by size. If you offer the same choice to someone who is older, they see the value. You are not seeing the value in my words, yet the value is there. This demonstrates the OP and words of the passage quoted.

I can apply whatever the hell I want to apply. And it appears you are inserting meaning where you feel it should be, regardless of whether it is explicitly stated.

But then again, what else is new?

And in case it isn't clear, I'll simplify: it means what you think it means, not what it actually says. That's according to you, anyway. I think we can all agree that just like UFO's and angels, we kind of want empirical evidence with our dubious pie. Seeing the lack of it here (i.e. lack of evidence for divine inspiration) I have to say you're wasting your time.

Only someone who wants to believe in it can believe in it. Anyone who is looking for a reason to believe in it will be sorely disappointed, because they have to be the reason themselves.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

We each have the opportunity reflect the light by choice. Words reveal the thoughts. I try to keep wisdom and truth close by my side.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I can apply whatever the hell I want to apply. And it appears you are inserting meaning where you feel it should be, regardless of whether it is explicitly stated.

But then again, what else is new?

And in case it isn't clear, I'll simplify: it means what you think it means, not what it actually says. That's according to you, anyway. I think we can all agree that just like UFO's and angels, we kind of want empirical evidence with our dubious pie. Seeing the lack of it here (i.e. lack of evidence for divine inspiration) I have to say you're wasting your time.

Only someone who wants to believe in it can believe in it. Anyone who is looking for a reason to believe in it will be sorely disappointed, because they have to be the reason themselves.

The words and truth outlined here in the OP are universally outlined in most esoteric and religious traditions. I have only mentioned what they say. Decide for yourself. The reflection is clear either way. Seed will either take root or dry out depending on the soil. Water the plant and it grows. I have no pride to protect. I am full already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join