It's really bad here in NY CT and NJ!

page: 2
39
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah real real bad. Luckily me and my family made it out not too bad. Never lost power or internet and no ones house got flooded. The odds of this happening are rare because the city is in shambles. Subway, tunnels flooded, and everything south of 40th street is dark.

I'm just glad it's not the 80's or early 90's when NY was a different more violent place. With the lights out criminals would have a field day. Luckily people are more friendly now and seem to be helping each other.




posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The OP hasn't posted anymore. Should we be worried?

I saw footage of the Nat Guard picking up people in a few videos where the neighborhoods had minimal damage.
I saw footage where they picked up people and their animals and it shows them getting out of the backs of the
personnel carriers.
I just can't figure out where they took them to.

Those are probably just PR photo ops because it looks in some cases like they took them to the middle of nowhere on the side of the road or just across a bridge.

And then what...?



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter
 

Hopefully he just went to bed. Scary thought to think people are being picked up and taken somewhere especially if they are not in a badly damaged area.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter
 


The OP hasn't posted anymore. Should we be worried?

Could be good, as in rescued to go to a shelter...
Could be bad, as in busted for "looting" that wire...

Hopefully it is neither. They gave him supplies and wished him well. Right now he is too busy cooking to reply.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
reply to post by PaperbackWriter
 

Hopefully he just went to bed. Scary thought to think people are being picked up and taken somewhere especially if they are not in a badly damaged area.


I agree. Watching TWC two days ago, I saw footage of Nat Guard walking with people who had a duffle bag packed and were getting into a camo truck with benches. Then it showed it pulling away.
I was aghast to see that there was only 4 or 5 inches of water on the road. It was a residential neighborhood with hardly a limb down in the area. So, you would think it was because they were out of power?
What the heck? I hope I am never told to pack a bag and go with these people just because I am out of power for a week or even two!



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It was barely a cat 1 storm. Where was the outcry during Rita cat 4 and IKE cat 3 that hit us? not to mention Katrina. I feel sorry for those who have lost loved ones, but c'mon...... I call my mortage company after Rita hit us and the lady in Ohio when I asked for a month deferment said why? I told her that we were hit by Rita and she said what are you talking about? I said the hurricane! She said that was just a strong storm and I needed to go ahead and send in my payment. The insurance companies was telling everyone that damage was due to high water and was not covered. It took 4 years to get the insurance companies to pay some of the damage. So when it hits the North east where MSM is stationed it is labeled the worst storm to ever hit the US. I say just a little over play. We had more flood damage in Houston during tropical storm Allison than NY is having now. Soo all I have to say is quit the hype and get over it.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
By the way where was obama bin laden when Texas and colorado burned last year, the last ten years have been brutal down in south Texas with almost no help. It is okay though we are used to it.....



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
It was barely a cat 1 storm. Where was the outcry during Rita cat 4 and IKE cat 3 that hit us? not to mention Katrina. I feel sorry for those who have lost loved ones, but c'mon...... I call my mortage company after Rita hit us and the lady in Ohio when I asked for a month deferment said why? I told her that we were hit by Rita and she said what are you talking about? I said the hurricane! She said that was just a strong storm and I needed to go ahead and send in my payment. The insurance companies was telling everyone that damage was due to high water and was not covered. It took 4 years to get the insurance companies to pay some of the damage. So when it hits the North east where MSM is stationed it is labeled the worst storm to ever hit the US. I say just a little over play. We had more flood damage in Houston during tropical storm Allison than NY is having now. Soo all I have to say is quit the hype and get over it.


I'm right there with you. I totally have the impression this is a wag the dog kind of storm.
Something is not kosher there. I haven't put my finger on it, but I keep sensing that all is not as
it seems here.

NY, in the middle of it's assisted crisis which must not be allowed to go to waste, will hold it's marathon on schedule, is like New Orleans holding Mardi Gras a few days after Katrina.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter
 

do tell your thoughts. I too feel something strange is afoot with this one. A way to put the election in question or to show how effective Obama is as a leader. I feel like this shortage is somewhat bizarre really why can't they get supplies there? Especially since they new it was coming trucks should be lined up to bring in goods. Maybe not I am no expert on disaster relief.
edit on 1-11-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
reply to post by PaperbackWriter
 

do tell your thoughts. I too feel something strange is afoot with this one. A way to put the election in question or to show how effective Obama is as a leader. I feel like this shortage is somewhat bizarre really why can't they get supplies there? Especially since they new it was coming trucks should be lined up to bring in goods. Maybe not I am no expert on disaster relief.
edit on 1-11-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)


I note the talking heads have no trouble gadding about and showing up at the appointed times.
Had even one TV show had to cancel a regular scheduled guest because of travel issues, I would find it over all believable.
To have midtown Manhattan a bastian of lights glamour action, while Upper and Lower are in complete darkness an unexplanable inconsistency except it is planned that way.
To say one day no subway for weeks at least, then the next day have some working sort of puts the lie to the subway tunnels under NY as being flooded. It's one tunnel all on ONE electrictrified third rail that would be shorted out if you 'turned it on". Just the ones to Connecticutt? I don't get that.

Same with the airports. One day they are flooded and will take several days to clear, next morning La Guardia and JFK are up, up and away.

Totally agree with gas supplies. If Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Christina Aguilera and whoever else is popping into the Today show with all their roadie gear and entourages, into the heart of NY, then why the heck can't they get gas to the gas stations?

It has the air of design. To delay elections, who cares? I've heard pundits say they may just scrap the popular vote count this year and just go with the electoral college vote only since it's the only one that COUNTS.

I suspect there are several agendas that are taking place, some to do with the financial situation and real estate being hopelessly upside down and the ignorant belief in Keynesian economics of broken windows theory.

Etc.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
those of you saying that people should have prepped for this seem to be forgetting that alot of people in nyc live in apartments (which are fairly tiny) so stocking up on a month of non perishable food would be almost impossible for most people since space is limited


Those small apartments are not that small. Several under bed storage boxes can hold a great deal of food such as rice and quite a few dozen cans to go with the rice. Other foods such as weetbix have good nutrician value and pack without wasted space. If you put food under all the used beds you end up with a good store of emergency rations.

The big problem is of course the Government message that says only terrorists prepare!

The Government wants you to be totally dependent on them. I have around four weeks of food as a matter of course, that is without deliberately being prepared.

You can always find some room at the back of a closet for a few bags of rice.

P



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358
 


sorry i dont live in NY, i live in the UK, however I find your lack of understanding and brash statements to be incorrect. I live in a small 1 bed flat here in the uk. I have virtually no storage space, so under the BED is already jammed with my own stuff. At best, i could store 3 days extra food in this flat and no more. You appear to be clueless and talking out of your backside



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
reply to post by pheonix358
 


sorry i dont live in NY, i live in the UK, however I find your lack of understanding and brash statements to be incorrect. I live in a small 1 bed flat here in the uk. I have virtually no storage space, so under the BED is already jammed with my own stuff. At best, i could store 3 days extra food in this flat and no more. You appear to be clueless and talking out of your backside


We were talking about an apartment not a bloody bedsit! Way to go! While your at it knock off the poor attitude.

So. you could not possibly find any space at all for a 10Kg bag of rice to keep you alive for an emergency. THROW SOMETHING OUT! Make the room! Unless you want to wait for your Prime Minister to come and rescue you. Perhaps the Queen can send Charlie!

And you say I'm clueless! Good grief Charlie Brown!

P



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
It was barely a cat 1 storm. Where was the outcry during Rita cat 4 and IKE cat 3 that hit us? not to mention Katrina. I feel sorry for those who have lost loved ones, but c'mon...... I call my mortage company after Rita hit us and the lady in Ohio when I asked for a month deferment said why? I told her that we were hit by Rita and she said what are you talking about? I said the hurricane! She said that was just a strong storm and I needed to go ahead and send in my payment. The insurance companies was telling everyone that damage was due to high water and was not covered. It took 4 years to get the insurance companies to pay some of the damage. So when it hits the North east where MSM is stationed it is labeled the worst storm to ever hit the US. I say just a little over play. We had more flood damage in Houston during tropical storm Allison than NY is having now. Soo all I have to say is quit the hype and get over it.


You contradicted yourself in your own post when you said Allison was only a tropical storm pointing out all the damage it done by a tropical storm to go on to say this was just a cat 1! Do you know anything about tropical cyclones? The category scale of a tropical cyclone is sometimes a poor way to measure the damage and threat that storm may cause. This category 1 storm had tropical storm force winds that extended nearly 500 miles from enabled it to create a massive storm surge for a category 1.

One of the most densely populated coastlines in the United States was hit with in some areas 14 feet of storm surge in area that has homes only 6 feet above sea level. Allison flooded Houston with rain as it stalled just of the coast and was a very slow moving tropical storm. This is going to be one of the most expensive storms ever right up there with Katrina, Andrew and Ike.



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Holy Crap we have National Guard on my street!

They were clearing tree's Good Job guys and gails!



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Folks can only prepare for disasters. Even then, its tough to see all the damage, when something like this does occur. NJ looks like a war zone.


Prayers to anyone having to deal with this.



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by PaperbackWriter
 


The OP hasn't posted anymore. Should we be worried?

Could be good, as in rescued to go to a shelter...
Could be bad, as in busted for "looting" that wire...

Hopefully it is neither. They gave him supplies and wished him well. Right now he is too busy cooking to reply.



I am fine thank you, I am spending alot of time with our Fire Dept helping people. I can spend more time as my family is safe and has power.
As of this morning 9:00 am .%96 of all polling places do not have power! I will check in later , we got a shipment in of MRE'S and water to hand out ,only dry good can be bought as most stores have no power....But I thank god we are not as bad as NJ. Here's a link to our local paper.
www.ctpost.com...

On the Fourth Day--No Power

www.ctpost.com...
edit on 2-11-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked
 


Learn your history!!! Rita had sustained winds of 125mph and almost took out lake livingston dam. Allison stalled for three days, this cat 1 blew thru fast. They are whining about 40-50 mph winds. What I am referring to is the hype of this storm vs the major ones we have faced in the last 10 yrs.



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69
 


Its not just the wind.

It is the flooding from the rain, storm surge, and wave action.

But, it is also the panic and hype that cause a lot of the problems. The gas shortages, and water and food shortages are probably entirely unnecessary. They are direct result of too little preparation and too much panic.

And people wonder why the government doesn't release more information to the masses. It's because the masses can't process it and deal with it intelligently. They overreact.



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by hanyak69
 


Its not just the wind.

It is the flooding from the rain, storm surge, and wave action.

But, it is also the panic and hype that cause a lot of the problems. The gas shortages, and water and food shortages are probably entirely unnecessary. They are direct result of too little preparation and too much panic.

And people wonder why the government doesn't release more information to the masses. It's because the masses can't process it and deal with it intelligently. They overreact.





I am just saying in comparison this storm was weak all around compared to the ones that have hit us. Which had comparitively little press coverage. I had to swim my horses out cause the water was so deep they could not touch bottom. That was through snake and alligator infested sewer water. Without power for three weeks, and absolututely no gas to even line up for. So pardon me if I seem callous, I am just extending the sympathy that was extended to us. The only reason it is blown out of purporrtion is all of these msm people live in the affected area and it is always worse when they are affected. They word things different so insurance companies will pay their claims. Like when Rita hit it was storm surge damage not wind pushing the storm surge.





new topics
top topics
 
39
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join