Obama Wins the Election

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sup ATS, I'm gonna keep this pretty short and sweet for everyone.


I had a dream last night that Obama won the election. In the dream, I was at home watching the election results on live TV when it was reported that Obama had won with 47% of the popular vote to Romney having 33% of the popular vote. The remaining 20% went to third party candidates.

So a few questions to members...
Is that enough for him to lawfully win? He didn't exactly get 'majority.'
Also, if this were to be real, what do you think of Romney not really getting a whole lot more votes than third party candidates?


Do you think this could be an accurate outcome of this year's election? I do.

Your thoughts, ATS?




posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wWizard
 


I think Gary Johnson votes are going to give the election to Obama, as Colorado is most definitely going blue. Johnson is doing too well for it not to.

Also, I hope that the Libertarian party gets enough of the popular vote to justify the allocation of Federal Funding in 2016. I can't wait to have three imaginary choices instead of just two (hyperbole). Fingers crossed.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Highly unlikely..
Not Obama winning, but a 3rd party candidate getting 20% of the vote, considering there is no real 3rd party candidate running that is on the radar (there are 3rd party candidates, but collectively they may get like 2% total).

As far as your prediction of Obama winning in general..sort of a safe bet really...so don't be buying the crystal ball when that happens. Your logical brain is just laying out the obvious in your dream here...



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard
Sup ATS, I'm gonna keep this pretty short and sweet for everyone.


I had a dream last night that Obama won the election. In the dream, I was at home watching the election results on live TV when it was reported that Obama had won with 47% of the popular vote to Romney having 33% of the popular vote. The remaining 20% went to third party candidates.

So a few questions to members...
Is that enough for him to lawfully win? He didn't exactly get 'majority.'
Also, if this were to be real, what do you think of Romney not really getting a whole lot more votes than third party candidates?


Do you think this could be an accurate outcome of this year's election? I do.

Your thoughts, ATS?


The electoral college decides a presidential election in the United States not the popular vote. Despite what many believe the States are a Republic not a direct Democracy.
edit on 1-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The vote count does not determine the president; it is the electoral college. Obama is leading in all swing states and has a sizable lead in the electoral college. The MSM are playing it, as if it were a dead heat but if you do your homework, it is clear that Obama is way ahead. Don't forget that you live in a democracy, which lets you vote for TPTB's candidate of your choice.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Also, I hope that the Libertarian party gets enough of the popular vote to justify the allocation of Federal Funding in 2016.

This would be very ideal. Especially since Ron Paul announced he would be running in 2016.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by wWizard
 


I think Gary Johnson votes are going to give the election to Obama, as Colorado is most definitely going blue. Johnson is doing too well for it not to.

Also, I hope that the Libertarian party gets enough of the popular vote to justify the allocation of Federal Funding in 2016. I can't wait to have three imaginary choices instead of just two (hyperbole). Fingers crossed.


Would prefer the green party becoming stronger than, or equal to the libertarian party frankly. 4 choices for 2016 would be interesting.

But until some sort of rule comes out to remove partys from politics, it will probably always be a 2 party system. People want simple..and the red verses blue is the right mix for the average person.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't know if it's legal, but I don't see independentes taking more than 4%, in the best case.
edit on 1-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
...so don't be buying the crystal ball when that happens.


Haha, I have no plans to do such a thing, despite me being a wizard.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If Obama wins the election, the American people will be very skeptical in round 2 and will demand so much more transparency from him. Most will just go with the flow of Obama, but surely there wouldn't be as much pump-fisting in the air as was in his first year presidential term. However, I fear that much won't change, and America will slip into further recession.

If Romney wins, you are going to again see a lot of skepticism going on among the American people. While big businesses will be happy with more tax breaks, small businesses will probably not get as much attention as promised, and will ultimately struggle even more to survive. Consumers will start facing higher taxes, and the economy will go further into recession. However, the light may be seen with this guy in terms of a balanced budget. That is the only thing I can say of this guy, which may be good for the future of the American people.

At the end of the day, I would still like to see a last battle from this man....




posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rollsthepaul
The vote count does not determine the president; it is the electoral college. Obama is leading in all swing states and has a sizable lead in the electoral college. The MSM are playing it, as if it were a dead heat but if you do your homework, it is clear that Obama is way ahead. Don't forget that you live in a democracy, which lets you vote for TPTB's candidate of your choice.


I am of the opinion that to win the electorial college without winning the popular vote is a bit of a hollow victory...for me, a victory is to win em both.
I like a knockout where there is no hair splitting or complaining. I sort of agree with popular vote only. This would force politicians to focus on pretty much all the states verses just a strategy map of a few spots.

The Media is simply trying to boost up their ratings, so are focusing in mostly on a tight popular vote...CNN barely talks about the swing states because that gives the actual picture of Romney getting creamed, so...ya. make it seem like a nail biter.

However, I am keeping an open mind here. with enough voter surpression, there could be a difference made here and there to flip it to Romney



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What a nightmare! Did you wake up sweating with your heart pumping fast?



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
At the end of the day, I would still like to see a last battle from this man....

You know he is running in the next election, right?


Assuming we make it that far...



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
At the end of the day, I would still like to see a last battle from this man....

You know he is running in the next election, right?


Assuming we make it that far...


If he runs, he will have a tough run because guess who else will be running for President?

Yup, this guy...



Then my vote goes to this former Navy Seal who has helped expose so much conspiracy in the US government.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I had a dream as well, something very big and scary is coming from the stars,It seems to be moving straight towards us and its very very hot.......................



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard
The remaining 20% went to third party candidates.


This will not happen, it will be more like 2%



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have a better idea America...can i please just get your attention just for a moment..please..WE the People of The Untied States of America should force higher taxes upon Big Bankers,Corp/Ceo's,Do away with forced immigration,Pull all of American troops out of third world countries and refine economical restructuring.All the nations should unite as brothers so that we can work as one to get our race,our planetary species to other worlds not wasting time we most likely do not have bickering over bread crumbs.But hey who cares about that stuff anyways huh?



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Third party will get a max of 5% nationally, but probably more like 2-3%.

State by state that could be higher.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i have a feeling one will win the popular vote and the other will win the electoral college vote.
hilarity will ensue due to both sides calling shenanigans.

how the american citizens will react, well that's up to american citizens.
.



posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Not sure if this is true but I heard that if a party gets over a certain percentage of votes, the party gets millions from the government for the next election cycle. I don't why this thread reminded me of that.



new topics
top topics
 
1

log in

join