It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My friend recently died. I consider myself my enlightened as far as I don't believe everything that I hear or read. I do believe in things such as aliens and bigfoot, but I am only human. I feel pain still...at least when I am alone. Reincarnation is real. Read Dr. Ian Stevenson if you don't think so. Sometimes I want to just give up on the human race. It seems as if they are all on the bandwagon of their chosen.

Yes, their are many falsities, but their are many things that do exist as well. Supposedly Dec 21 will be 3 days of darkness. If it is true, will we kill each other or come out better for it?

Politics, religion, race, all that crap seems so small to the big picture. Aren't we all one? Am I wrong? Are we supposed to be enemies?

Is life that petty? Are we that petty? Wtf?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Short answer: Yes, human beings are that petty.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We're good actors.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Supposedly Dec 21 will be 3 days of darkness. If it is true, will we kill each other or come out better for it?

It isn't and we won't , see for yourself in a few weeks .

Aren't we all one? Am I wrong? Are we supposed to be enemies?

We are animals (literally) all be it clever animals , we are territorial and have animalistic instincts and like it or not as a pack we follow those instincts ... its who we are like it or not .

Is life that petty? Are we that petty? Wtf?

Life isn't petty , life's a gift to be lived , its what you make it and the difference you make to other peoples lives ... be different

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I often ponder this. After much thought, it seems to me that this falls under the "duality of man".

Within each of us is the yin and the yang, the good and the bad, the petty and the infinite.

Right now, there is a substantial subset of people who are bad and petty, and their actions and thoughts are eclipsing the others who are good and think in terms of the infinite universe. If you rely on the news as your source of how people are, you will become sorely disillusioned and sad.

I cannot help but think that there is something to the theory that we are hybrids, part homo sapien from Earth, and partially alien from someplace else. Each one of us has to continually fight the selfish animal within us. It's a little like blending oil and water, one is always rising to the top, and it takes effort to keep it from occuring. This is why every race on the planet, from time immemorial, has a religion. Religion is necessary as a form of mental control to keep the bad from taking over. Apparently, if we think there is no payback for our actions, we will all turn ugly in a big hurry. In that sense, we're like kids on the playground, and we behave much better if we think we're being watched.

Just some thoughts I have concerning your questions. Don't worry, though....for every person behaving badly, you'll find one who is not. Trouble is, most of the bad ones are in high levels of government, and most of the good ones have no position at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Rejoice!

The knowledge you hold will save you. Do not burden your self with the woe's of the human race - the greatest service to others is service to self - for if everybody served them selves - no one would be in need of service and a burden upon others.

We all end up at the same place - some sooner than others it would seem.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
?????????????????

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
First off, I'm sorry to read that your friend recently died.

I'm very open to the idea of reincarnation, aliens and Bigfoot but I'm one of those fence sitters that can't commit until the proof is staring me in the face (I would not want Bigfoot staring me in the face!) I don't think there will be 3 days of darkness on the 21st, personally. I do think some people might do some unsavory things that day, just like some people do unsavory things everyday.

I have a deep feeling that politics, religion, race and any other divisions we impose on ourselves are for nothing in the long run. I'm sure there is some sort of psychology to it, why we feel the need to label and belong, stand out and divide. To the big picture it does not matter if you're Republican, Democrat, Christian, Pagan, Black, White, Gay, Straight or whatever else... We are born, we live, we die - regardless.

Life is most certainly what we make it. If you look at the world through division and hate, the world will eventually look hateful and bleak. If you look at us as connected, which we are, even if only because of the human condition, you start to see the parts of you in everyone else. It becomes harder to hate, judge and divide. You begin to empathize and to care, life begins to seem more precious and fragile, something to cherish and to celebrate.

Sometimes you will feel disillusioned with life, with humanity. It happens to me too. When it happens I try to find the good things and to concentrate on them to bring balance back into my outlook. The world is not all good, sure... but it's not all bad either.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Fear not and don't despair; life is not petty, regardless of how much we may feel it is at times. Earth is a Level 0 civilisation and being disordered is completely normal. We have 5 of the possible 10 3D consciousness levels on Earth and that alone causes severe disharmony. Earth will be a 2 consciousness level planet, in about 100 years but it is already starting. Earth is also a prison/slave planet. The slaves are led to believe they are free, so that they will produce more. Those that are imprisoned on Earth and forced to reincarnate here, took over the planet a long time ago. Many are here from the rebellion of the angels,200,000 years ago and Earth got the pleasure of providing a place for many of the rebels to be imprisoned. There are also many newly sentient souls on Earth because the severe adversity created by the creeps that run the place, turns out to just what newly sentient souls need to grow their consciousness. I am one of these newly sentient souls and I find much of the world to be a s h i t sandwich because it is. We should not lose sight of the bigger picture, which includes the fact that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. We won't be human forever but we will exist as spirit forever. We are all placed where we need to be and whatever we "really" need, will be given to us, at exactly the right time and exactly the right amount. The rebellion of 200,000 years ago was 1/3 of the angels not wanting to follow God's agenda that requires everyone to commit to developing souls, so that they can climb the ladder of consciousness. The 1/3 of angels wanted us to stay exactly where we are and never advance. Anyways, the other 2/3 of the angels put down the rebellion and the 1/3 were all removed. An angel cannot be redeemed and they will never come back to God. In a similar fashion the loyal angels will never betray God. Our agenda always remains the same; grow our aura, help others and create love. We all feel discouraged or depressed at times and that is just part of our struggle to grow. Remember that the universe always favors greater complexity, so things become more complex as we grow. Also the universe always rewards courage. Unlike the rebellious angels that swelled with pride and stood against that which is perfect, we must practice true humility because growing to be what we should become, cannot happen without a humble heart. All is well and always will be. Peace and love.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Thanks a million for your words. Yours was the first adult response and very insightful.

I think our philosophies are very similar. The duality of man sounds as if it is indeed necessary to keep balance. I just wish we all could recognize our potential for greatness. Unfortunately, most are happy just being a smartass.
edit on 1-11-2012 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I hear ya. Service to self might not be as bad as it first sounds.

Thanks for thoughts.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Thank you for your wisdom. This is what happens when we 'drink and thread'.

I like your way of thinking. We are all parts of the same puzzle.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Thanks for your words. A lot of new info to digest. Be well and peace be with you.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I do not believe humans beings are petty. We are very social animals when it comes down to it. Deep down inside, we really do like each other in general. The problem, as I see it, is that we forget that building, and maintaining, a human society is not something which we can do randomly and without direct involvement of everyone living is said society. The whole point of forming a society is that we are all connected under common bonds which we must work hard at maintaining. We, as humans, have become very selfish and egocentric. I do not believe that being selfish and egocentric are natural human traits. Those are things we learn or are conditioned to accept as desirable personality traits.

Human society, more so in the first world, has become weak and the bonds which we rely on to hold society together are breaking down. We have become lazy when it comes to matters of society.

We have become petty because we don`t have a strong society which allows us to fully be the social animals we truly are.

So, how do we even start to reverse this trend?

I think it starts with rejecting the idea that we have to be petty just like so many other people in society. It starts with the power of one. I struggle with this myself due to the sad state of people in society. I want to connect with people on a much more human level. I have noticed that there are more things which we all have in common then are different. Although, I find that is not easy to get people to even attempt to relax and just be themselves. This is yet another clear sign of the weakness of society. We think that we need to create some kind of larger than life image of ourselves in order to get what we want without considering that it really is not about what we want. We must think more about everyone around us and what they want; which sadly will not be so universal at first due to most people being conditioned to be selfish. So, I try to see what people really want which is to be able to connect with other humans naturally without having to worry about being accepted.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

You make a lot of very important points. One that really stands out is how we as a people are being conditioned to be selfish.

I think the right wing media and politicians played a big part in that. Their ideology was supposed to train people to hate the idea of helping people in need to further their "Obama's welfare state" motto.

Such long term damaging rhetoric for short term gains...and they still lost, so nothing good came of it. Just evil people, more confused than ever.

top topics

join