It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama loses will America be vulnerable until Romney is Inaugurated?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Given the failings of this President to protect Americans overseas and his downsizing of our military, coupled with his obvious Muslim ties, will he respond to attacks on America? I can see many scenarios where hesitation could be catastrophic to America. He has cut our Navy in half. What safeguards are in place to protect America in her vulnerable time between election day and Inauguration day?
edit on 1-11-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Given the failings of this President to protect Americans overseas and his downsizing of our military, coupled with his obvious Muslim ties, will he respond to attacks on America? I can see many scenarios where hesitation could be catastrophic to America. He has cut our Navy in half. What safeguards are in place to protect America in her vulnerable time between election day and Inauguration day?

What the hell is innogerated?

What Muslim ties, and so what if he has them?

Do you have links that prove the navy was cut in half?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
OP please tell me you're not old enough to vote

This is what happens when you only watch FoxNews and only read neocon blogs.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Obama's Failure

President Obama came into office with a military in serious need of modernization. However, instead of rebuilding our strength, President Obama has put us on course toward a “hollow” force. He has already cut the projected defense budget by $487 billion. What is more, he proposed and signed into law a budget process that will result in an additional $492 billion of defense cuts over the next ten years. All the while, he has threatened to veto any legislation that averts these devastating defense cuts unless it also raises taxes. This budget cutting enterprise is proceeding while American troops are in combat in Afghanistan and fighting the remnants of al Qaeda worldwide.

The Obama Administration’s cuts have left us with a military inventory largely composed of weapons designed forty to fifty years ago. The average age of our tanker aircraft is 47 years, of strategic bombers 34 years. While the weapons in our arsenal remain formidable, they are well along on the path to obsolescence. Along with the aging process, there has been a precipitous decline in sheer numbers. The U.S. Navy has only 284 ships today, on track to hit the lowest level since 1916. Given current trends, the number will decline, and the additional contemplated cuts will cause it to decline even further. Our naval planners indicate we need 328 ships to fulfill the Navy’s role of global presence and power projection in defense of American security. Our Air Force, which had 82 fighter squadrons at the end of the Cold War, has been reduced to 39 today. President Obama has cut funding for national missile defense.

I spoke with an old friend yesterday. I is retired navy and keeps up with everything navy. He says the number of ships has been cut in half. I believe him. He is from a long line of navy retirees.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
People seem to be putting a lot of power into the presidents hands.

First he's handling Sandy so well by doing.............what, exactly?

Now he'll sit back and let all those pesky terrorists run us over if he's just going to hand the nation over to somebody else.

The POTUS has barely any more control or power than the Queen of England (excluding conspiracy theories of course).

All he can, all any of them ever do, is sit on their hands when not propped up making big speeches.

Plants on window sills do more.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
To get this thread back on track;

There is a known ambiguity of the focus of power during this transitional period

A presidential transition or presidential interregnum refers to the period of time between the end of a presidential election and the inauguration of a new President of a country. During this time the incoming President usually designates new government personnel, including selecting new Cabinet positions and government department or agency heads.

In the United States, during a presidential transition, the outgoing "lame duck" President has lost many of the intangible benefits of a Presidency (e.g., being perceived as the default leader on issues of national importance) but the incoming President-elect is not yet legally empowered to effect policy. This ambiguity in the roles of the President-elect and outgoing President creates the potential for a leadership vacuum, which may be most acutely felt during wartime or times of economic crisis.
from wiki

I would think that the former president would remain to be commander and chief until the day of inauguration.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
To answer your question, No.

Why? Because the president doesn't control jack anyway! He is simply a figure head - Someone for the sheep -uhh people... to blame when things go good or bad... Jeez why are there still people around that can't see this?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

The phrase : Stand down rings a bell.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Knowing the POTUS didnt act to help the four in Lybia after they begged for help, I welcome a new leader. If romney is elected, i would have to say america will take one step closer to safety

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
OP please tell me you're not old enough to vote

This is what happens when you only watch FoxNews and only read neocon blogs.

A reminder to you, The elections are on Wenesday. Dont be late.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Obama's Failure

President Obama came into office with a military in serious need of modernization. However, instead of rebuilding our strength, President Obama has put us on course toward a “hollow” force. He has already cut the projected defense budget by $487 billion. What is more, he proposed and signed into law a budget process that will result in an additional $492 billion of defense cuts over the next ten years. All the while, he has threatened to veto any legislation that averts these devastating defense cuts unless it also raises taxes. This budget cutting enterprise is proceeding while American troops are in combat in Afghanistan and fighting the remnants of al Qaeda worldwide.

Hooooray..........perhaps he is putting money into something more deserving, or he sees that war should be obsolete. We shouldn't be in Afghanistan anyway. Perhaps these cuts will result in our soldiers being brought home.

The Obama Administration’s cuts have left us with a military inventory largely composed of weapons designed forty to fifty years ago.

Who's fault is that? Was he in office 40 or 50 years ago?

The average age of our tanker aircraft is 47 years, of strategic bombers 34 years. While the weapons in our arsenal remain formidable, they are well along on the path to obsolescence. Along with the aging process, there has been a precipitous decline in sheer numbers. The U.S. Navy has only 284 ships today, on track to hit the lowest level since 1916. Given current trends, the number will decline, and the additional contemplated cuts will cause it to decline even further. Our naval planners indicate we need 328 ships to fulfill the Navy’s role of global presence and power projection in defense of American security. Our Air Force, which had 82 fighter squadrons at the end of the Cold War, has been reduced to 39 today. President Obama has cut funding for national missile defense.

You just love war. Admit it!

I spoke with an old friend yesterday. I is retired navy and keeps up with everything navy. He says the number of ships has been cut in half. I believe him. He is from a long line of navy retirees.

And so? You believing your friend prevents you from researching this? LOL!
edit on 1-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You know that's a reduction of half a trillion dollars right? How many trillions of dollars are in the "defense" budget?

How much of a global projection of force can reasonably be considered "defense"? I'd agree that the "Commander in Chief" title does not go away just because he will not be the guy in a couple of months, but I think you're over-confident that Mitt "Pompous Windbag with Nothing the Say" Romney would be a more effective person to deal with this issue. Between election and inauguration, if your country is attacked, it will be responded to just as effectively as any other time.

Religion deserves no spot at this table. Stop buying into whatever rumours are being circulated about the guy at the top, because there are a lot of people who benefit from you thinking he's a Muslim, Commie, Nazi-sympathizer, Zionist, anti-old-people, anti-security, anti-freedom monster. He may be some of those things... but don't let the news tell you so. Their job is reporting facts, not editorial interpretations of the facts. (Hence all of the discussion shows, which are not presented as fact, but as opinion.) And the truth is that shouldn't matter anyway. Incoming Presidents, check your religion at the door. It must not be welcome.

(On a side note, I find it funny that the term "Interregnum" is used for the American leadership, since at it's Latin base, it's referring to the time between Kings. Don't you lot dislike the King thing?)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

edit on 1-11-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

Holy crap, how many lies can you cram into a few lines of text?

It's not even worthwhile to attempt conversation with someone as distorted as you, it's a lost cause.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
if obama loses he will send a drone to kill mitt and the obama sheep will use their delusional thinking to blame bush somehow

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Americas defence budget is obscene, it's about time it was cut.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

What the hell is innogerated?

What Muslim ties, and so what if he has them?

Do you have links that prove the navy was cut in half?

Here

*cough* and
here

Another

Need more?

Obama is a terrorist operative.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Obama will be too busy pardoning friends and other people with political interests to worry about the world stage in his lame duck period.

In more recent history, U.S. President Bill Clinton was widely criticized for issuing 140 pardons and other acts of executive clemency on his last day in office, including two former close colleagues, donors, fellow Democratic members and his own half-brother.

Lame Duck

That, and he will probably be hiding fresh fish and other perishables in strategic places throughout the White House to be found at a later date.

Rest assured, other folks will mind the important stuff during this period.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

484 posts and you registered on 10/14/12? Maybe you should spend more time researching the facts instead of attacking others for simple misspellings. You are a babe in the cradle.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon
To answer your question, No.

Why? Because the president doesn't control jack anyway! He is simply a figure head - Someone for the sheep -uhh people... to blame when things go good or bad... Jeez why are there still people around that can't see this?
For the life of me, I can't get my head around that either, Skinon. Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

OH! Well in that case since you have a friend who is a a navy retiree in a LONG line of retirees it must be true...

Saying something is true and saying that you have a friend who says it is true...still does not make it true. Show me the proof please.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join