It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US dismisses aid offer from Hafiz Saeed as 'hollow'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This has to be a joke on the offerer's part
Hafiz Saeed has a bounty of 10 MN USD for his arrest. This coming from an organization which is a designated terrorist group.

US today dismissed as "hollow" the offer of humanitarian aid for superstorm Sandy victims from Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafeez Muhammad Saeed, the 2008 Mumbai attacks mastermind and for whom the US has offered a bounty of USD 10 million.

"As you all well know, Saeed is believed to be behind organising the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attack in which 166 people were killed, including six Americans. That is why he is actually now the subject of a Rewards for Justice programme," State Department spokesman Mark Toner told reporters.

"Furthermore, both the United States and the United Nations has designated his organisation, Jamaat-ud-Dawa, a terrorist organisation," he said.

LINK1
LINK2_VIDEO
edit on 1-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, I guess trolls exist outside of the internet. I mean this, and Iran offer aid?

I expect in the coming days that a vast number of places that don't like America will offer aid. Personally I believe America shouldn't shun aid by certain countries, but also it's up to the people to work together and rebuild their community.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

While I doubt that he is actually the one responsible for the Mumbai attacks, the US or any nation whom receives offers of help during crisis should never ridicule those offering such help, simply say no thank you and be done with it.

saying its hollow immediately voids any goodwill towards those who you take offers off.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Gifts are never free. There is always something that the giver would like in return... And by accepting a gift, the recipient is indebted and obliged...

top topics

join