It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the corner of my eye...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It seems my perifferial(sp) vission has suddenly become very active. distractingly so. Especialy when it's dark or foggy.

Any thoughts on this?

(Nothing I can look at directly - if I 'look' it is gone)

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have noted the same thing - starting about three weeks ago. I notice something moving at the extreme edge of my field of vision. When I look in that direction there is nothing there. I am seriously puzzled.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yep.
At first it was in the same general area on the side of a highway in the wee hours of the morning - every time I drove past.

But now it's more often and in more places. Some times it's like tiny clouds of fog or a lit patch of nothing. Clueless.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
shadow people? its always a possibility for that type of thing. you see something out of the corner of your eye blackish grayish seems to be studying you. You turn towards it and it vanishes quicker then anything really. Some say there people who have died other say its another species time has forgot, I dont know myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
AHHH thats scary! shadow people!

Hehe you registered on 69 Dark

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
sadly 59 69 would of been nicer hehe...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yeah..I don't think it has anything to do with "shadow people", you see, I have been getting this for awhile, too. As far as I can make of it, it is just my eye adjusting to the light (in some way or another). It is normal, don't worry about it.

-wD

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have seen enery fields out of my periifferal when i am driving. Objects and cars also have theses energy fields around them.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Ok, ive posted a photo of some orbs! (I blacked out the faces of my best friend and daughter, but thats all ive done to the pic.)
I always see shadows from the corner of my eye, and from time to time. Ive seen orbs whizzing around in the dark a few times, but i didn't see them when i took this pic only after.

[edit on 22/10/04 by Templar Chalice]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I saw these so called "shadow people" from when i was 5 until i was 14 all the time out of the corner of my eye, but now almost never, I wonder if age has something to do with it?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hi AngelaLadyS

I think I have been experiencing something similar. I started a similar thread:

Anyone heard of a soul spark?

The Soul Spark in the title was something I picked up through research, which I now believe to be wrong. I have not had many replies though, less than you

My experience is of some kind of flash of light, sometimes a mist, that at times seems to be playing with me. It is generally in the peripheral vision but seems to move excitedly to the front in meditation. It feels friendly and makes me smile. It is a weird experience that I have got used to.

Someone else posted at the soul spark thread that they had a similar thing to myself but I believe more colourful and varied.

I wish you well in your quest and will be watching the thread.

It is indeed a strange thing. I am surprised that more responses have not been forthcoming. I found it hard to research, as it is hard to write a relevant search query.
I think posting in a public forum is the right approach just have to be patient I suppose.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The wierdest thing is when you look away again, you can see them again.

It's as if we can see different 'frequencies' of energy with different parts of our retina.

Most people are unaware that we have a 'blind spot' in our vision, where the optic nerve connects to the retina. TRUE! We can't see it when we look straight at something, but there's an experiment one can do with two dots on a piece of paper:

Draw two dots on a piece of paper about 1.5" apart. Close one eye and look at the dot on the opposite side of your open eye. Hold the paper about a foot from your face and move it slowly closer. A few inches from your face the other dot will vanish.

Yet we never "see" a hole in our field of vision!

If you practice, you will also see that colors are different in your peripheral vision; perhaps we detect different feequencies there because they are not overwhelmed by the 'visual spectra' as they are in the center of our visual field.

Not only are you not alone in that you detect things in your peripheral vision, you are not alone in that there ARE things there! People can even share an experience in seeing them: when you see them, calmly look away until you see them again, and get someone else to share the same aspect, the direction of their vision. They can see them, too!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I also seem to see things towards the corner of my field of vision. Its usually at night though (I do alot of waking up at 10 PM..), in the dark especially. Then theres times when it seems like there is another being in the room (Think of a friend or person entering the room but turning to see noone there..).

Thats probably the weirdest few things that happen now and then.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
in this house of mine i feel haunted. i moved in a couple weeks ago and i can hear stuff happening down stairrs at night. i also see stuff in the corner in my eye like a face staring at me but when i look its gone.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think it's all caused by over tired eyes and stress.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by librasleep

Librasleep - I would agree with tired eyes as I have had limited sleep over the last couple of days, heres what ive experienced in the eye department

Flashing in the eyes when eyes are closed (trying to sleep)
Black floaters in periferal and side vision
eyes flickering when closed

I think Im spending too much time in this forum!!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was about to start a thread until i found this one.

Just the last few days i have been seeing some shadows moving around me.
Mostly when im alone i get a feeling of uneasiness then i will see the shadow from mostly the corner on my eye but on occasion in front of me.

Also a lot more than the shadows i see what i think at the time are big black spiders then when i look again their not there.

Its really starting to make me curious and a little jumpy.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
reply to post by librasleep

Librasleep - I would agree with tired eyes as I have had limited sleep over the last couple of days, heres what ive experienced in the eye department

Flashing in the eyes when eyes are closed (trying to sleep)
Black floaters in periferal and side vision
eyes flickering when closed

I think Im spending too much time in this forum!!

Same here. I hate the black floaters.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Right, I'm gonna sound silly. but since hallowe'en, all saints day, i have been seeing things flicking about out of the corners of my eyes. now, i'm quite skeptical, i do need evidence! what you've mentioned i have taken into consideration, but i can't for the life of me work out what i'm seeing! it started at night time, but now its during the day too. i rule out dust and fluff, because it'd just disappear. i do have sharp eyesight, even if i do say so myself. and i certainly didn't want to admit it here. well, i haven't just yet, lol! apologies for poor grammar am on mp4!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Do you spend a lot of time starring at a cpu screen at night or watch tv in the dark or feel over tired or stressed?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join