It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Lefkada,Greece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I just found this in a local blog and thought to share.

According to the man that took the picture,the area is called Poros in Lefkada island and it was taken late August.

He claims that he didn't notice the object(yeah i know,noone does) and he only saw it when 3 days ago he uploaded the picture from his camera to the computer.He doesn't say the camera model or give any other details.

Source in Greek

It looks like a zeppelin to me and i know that it could be a number of things or even photoshoped.

So,what do you think ATS?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
I just found this in a local blog and thought to share.

Looking at the picture, my first thought was "betcha he didnt notice this thing in the sky when he took the photo, and only noticed it later when he downloaded the pics to his computer".

Then I saw your comment...

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
He claims that he didn't notice the object and he only saw it when 3 days ago he uploaded the picture from his camera to the computer.

Its a bug.
Fly, wasp, beetle, whatever...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Seeing that everything distant is in focus and judging by the shape of the "UFO" I think it's some kind of insect that flew in front of the camera at the same time the photo was being taken.

Edit: looking more at the photo I think it could have been something on the lens, as it looks like there's no motion blur on the "UFO", it's only out of focus.
edit on 1/11/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Cool photo!
I don't think it's photoshopped, howeve due to size & movement, I think it's a bee!

However it would be way cooler if it was a UFO.
I just feel if it were that big he would have seen it in person upon taking the picture!
You never know though..thats just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Reminds me of the oval craft that Gary Wilcox saw on April 24, 1964, Lonnie Zamora seemed to have seen the same craft on the same day hours later.

Not sure though! Could be a blimp, I don't think Gary spotted a blimp, he mentioned two beings came out and stated they were from mars. His character was impeccable and never wanted fame nor recognition for what he saw and communicated with.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
difficult to get any kind of detail from the image, however, here's a close-up with a few contrast/colour/brightness adjustments;

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is this a joke? No wonder this board is dead now..

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Thanks for that.
I think that's why I feel like it might be a bee because of the yellow and black I see in there.
I feel weird saying that many b-words close together. Lol

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I wanna say it's an insect but I gotta be honest. The second I saw the UFO I thought. Blimp. WHys it out of focus. Must be off in the distance and blurry due to atmospheric haze. This is a island on the aegean sea after all.

I too like the theory of it being a bee or similar insect close to the camera. But every time I look at it I still see a blimp complete with the fins in the back.

It sure does look like a pretty location though. WIsh I was somewhere like a aegean island exploring than sitting at a desk at work right now. Sigh.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I wanna say it's an insect but I gotta be honest. The second I saw the UFO I thought. Blimp. WHys it out of focus. Must be off in the distance and blurry due to atmospheric haze. This is a island on the aegean sea after all.

I don't think that the object is far from the camera, and one of the reasons is the light.

If it was a blimp in the distance then it would be illuminated in the way as all other things, with the Sun shining from the left of the photo, as we see in the houses in the background. From what we can see of the "UFO" it looks like there isn't any area that is catching the Sun directly, so it's probably in the shadow, like the camera.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

True and because it's so close in the foreground it's not in focus, the background is in focus.
Bee or a bug for sure.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Zoomed in on it using Photoshop, I'm thinking it is a water droplet on the lens (or filter). You can almost make out the detail of everything in the image in miniature in that "drop". Shooting next to the ocean/lake, it is quite common to get some spray on the lens.

This is, of course, just my opinion, and I'm by no means an expert. Just relaying what I have seen before.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Wouldn't a water droplet show an inverted image, seeing that they act as a convex lens? In that case we should see a lighter area at the bottom (representing the sunny area) and a darker area at the right (representing the plants on the left of the photo).

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We can see taht the object is small and close to the camera by analyzing the focus of the image. It is clear that the focus is set to infinite as all objects except the 'UFO' are in good focus. Thus if the UFO was far away it would be in good focus, also. With this type of focal length (infinite), the only objects which get blurred are very close objects.

The only way that this object could be something in the distance is if the object is 'fuzzy' in its nature, and what we are calling blur, is actually an in-focus view of the object. I find this very unlikely but I suppose it is a possibility.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo
The only way that this object could be something in the distance is if the object is 'fuzzy' in its nature, and what we are calling blur, is actually an in-focus view of the object. I find this very unlikely but I suppose it is a possibility.

Very unlikely, as then it should appear illuminated in the same way as the rest of the scene, and it's not.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Perhaps its taking a detour to Crete?

Seriously...What is he taking a picture of? The Boat? the ramshackled house? The foothills? The Sky? the little kids? Or the bug?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thanks guys for the answers.

I guess case closed...

Sorry for not being around,but because of the situation here in Greece i'm a bit preoccupied with the strikes and the marches.

Thanks again and stars for everyone

new topics

top topics

join